Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Uhm...i dont lose to rogues...and i use wings rarely total overkill one hander / shield use holy power charges for WOG honestly simple.

hammer of wrath and holy wrath still do a good job breaking stealth for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    One question, how much resilience do you have? I have approximately 900+ resilience and I don't have that many problems with Rogues. As long as you have "Divine Shield" and trinket you should be able to deal with the class quite easily.

Since our self healing is not that bad, currently, the damage shouldn't really kill you, and since you can use "Avenging Wrath" without worrying about "forbearance", the match will be over quite quickly after sending away 2 "Hammers of Wrath".

Deleted
    One is level 85, and the other:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=5634/free-action-potion

I play in a holy paladin and I can say with 100% certainty that I have beaten every rogue on my server, and by beaten I mean made a joke of.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Silver
    "Now, you listen to me, James Hawkins. You got the makings of greatness in you, but you got to take the helm and chart your own course. Stick to it, no matter the squalls! And when the time comes you get the chance to really test the cut of your sails, and show what you're made of! Well, I hope I'm there, catching some of the light coming off you that day."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamiel View Post
    I play in a holy paladin and I can say with 100% certainty that I have beaten every rogue on my server, and by beaten I mean made a joke of.
    Just avoid them in any below 80 bracket. Ambush from Sub rogues is enough to pretty much 1 shot anything until Resilience and Stamina scaling is added in the equation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamiel View Post
    yes thats why in the title its written ret paladin -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Xart View Post
    Agree.
    i personally dont have much problems with hunters....every 2 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora View Post
    yes thats why in the title its written ret paladin -_-
    I was implying he should just go holy and his problem would be solved. See a rogue throw on your holy offspec faceroll him then go ret again.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Silver
    "Now, you listen to me, James Hawkins. You got the makings of greatness in you, but you got to take the helm and chart your own course. Stick to it, no matter the squalls! And when the time comes you get the chance to really test the cut of your sails, and show what you're made of! Well, I hope I'm there, catching some of the light coming off you that day."

Quote Originally Posted by Xart View Post
    Out heal his dmg. Make yourself go low on hp. Repentence. Rogue trinkets. Hammer of justice+Wings Cya rogue.
    Lol i can flat out tell you this will only work on terrible rogues. If you wings, and they shadowdance, they win you lose end of story. Pretty much if you wing on a rogue period who doesn't have downs syndrome you lose.

The kitting bit it correct. Exorcism abuse/spam can work as well. Your worst enemy is recuperate, you cant stop it, you shouldn't be able to stop it, this is payback for the start of wotlk when you could one shot anything.

---------- Post added 2010-10-24 at 05:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    Simply dot the Rogue so he can't heal? Did you get a MS that no one else got because last time I checked Recuperate doesn't tick for any less without it and it's a HoT that doesn't break stealth and if you talent Recuperate + Improved Recuperate + Premeditation, You can heal up 20% of your HP without breaking stealth every 20 seconds. Shit if the Rogue picks up Quckening that is more healing on top of it.
    Rogues currently cant pick up all three talents. You will have to wait till cataclysm for that.

Deleted
    just trinket stun and use that shit that crits for 12k and then zerg the rest..

Quote Originally Posted by Nzo View Post
    Spec Prot pvp and murder his face with 15k Avenger's problem solved..

wow did i just say spec prot pvp...... how far we have come.... oh wait :<
    this is your best tactic, use your holy proc for healing every time lol.

Only way I've been beating rogues on my server in duels is to jump around like I'm an idiot while they are in stealth, start running of straight in a certain direction. Obviously they need to be behind you so they will normally start following that way. Throw a saronite bomb behind me and open with wings and HoW spam hopping to at least start them out with some trash health.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandrill View Post
    i personally dont have much problems with hunters....every 2 minutes
    Lol'd right there I try to beat every class without wings first when dueling, because I feel rather silly when using them. Guess I have to get used to be balanced around those 20 seconds of omgwtf burst.

Concerning rogue duels, they really went from cannon fodder to severe threat with the latest changes, I think especially assassination rogues do insane amounts of damage with vendetta/envenom.
    Didn't get to duel them much so far, but I'd say besides using 1h/shield (wrathful ones, rather cheap) and seal of justice to prevent them from sprinting away I'd pull of my old favourite tactic against better rogues:

when low hp (50-30%) repent, start a heal, juke it, hammer his trinket, pop wings and blow him up. The longer you wait, the better it works since 9 out of 10 rogues WILL trinket repentance when your at 30% hp because they either want to vanish or to kick your heal and finish you off.

Oh those delicious rogue tears. In battlegrounds you're gonna loose to most of them, though.

OT: Requital (finally) banned? Can't say I don't like him, but he went to far on numerous occasions.
    Well, and here I thought there was no justice in these sacred halls of a paladin forum whatsoever :P
    Last edited by mmocea490e6ad4; 2010-10-24 at 08:25 PM. Reason: spelling

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Carni View Post
    Lol i can flat out tell you this will only work on terrible rogues. If you wings, and they shadowdance, they win you lose end of story. Pretty much if you wing on a rogue period who doesn't have downs syndrome you lose.

The kitting bit it correct. Exorcism abuse/spam can work as well. Your worst enemy is recuperate, you cant stop it, you shouldn't be able to stop it, this is payback for the start of wotlk when you could one shot anything.

---------- Post added 2010-10-24 at 05:06 PM ----------

Rogues currently cant pick up all three talents. You will have to wait till cataclysm for that.
    It was meant as a joke. Oh well. Out heal the rogue. I haven't tryed dueling a pve geared rogue but every rogue so far in full wrathful can be outhealed be WoG spam.

Don't underestimate sword and board and wog spam...
    " 'A real man makes his own luck.' - Billy Zane, Titanic " - Dwight K. Schrute

Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    A rogue opening from stealth can't be beaten by a pala.
    cs-muti-ks-muti-muti-clos
    At this point, A LOT of rets will use HoJ which will hit the clos OR notice the close and just attack and HoJ after it's gone.

The rogue will trinket HoJ/run away and try to restealth once the dot seal wears off. Reopen, same rotation.
    Then evasion+dismantle. The ret will have to use repentance to avoid doing 0 damage to him for 20 seconds, lol.

If the rogue already used trinket, he has to wait. Once the pala has healed himself again and likely now popping wings and hammer spam...BLIND! Reopen. /lol.

There is NO WAY for a ret to beat a rogue who has all cds up. Might as well tackle a frost mage, lawl.
    so many things wrong in this post but I only have time to point out how bad you are at rogue with your second line

CS and KS share DR so you just did a 4 second stun then a 3 second stun then the next stun (a vanish CS Im guessing based on your mentaility toward rogue) will only last 1 second and then the attempted KS will last 0 seconds. good job not even getting the pally below 50%.

diminishing returns:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Diminishing_returns

100% duration, 50% duration, 25% duration, immune.

I see rogues being a threat to a lot of classes now, but then again I've also seen a ret pally threeshot a rogue in wratful without blowing wings. (This was post-4.0.1) I play a warrior myself though and I don't really have a problem with rogues, actually they're less of a threat to me now than they were.

If they get to open on you you wait out their stun rotation, Intimidating shout, Throw Down, Deadly Calm, MS, Heroic Strike, Rend, Defensive Stance, Disarm, Battle stance, Overpower, Retaliation if the rogue has a decent amount of health left and pop Enraged regeneration if needed. If you do it right you won't lose to a rogue as a warrior.

I can't really say much on ret pallies besides from what I just said about seeing a ret pally absolutely ANNIHILATE a rogue in wrathful without using any cds it seemed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    Girls who play Warriors?! What the hell? My world was just turned upside down. Did they remove the Paladin from the game?

10+ Year Old Account
    As a rogue, this is very satesfying. Plate classes finaly having a problem with rogues is very neat. I must say, with all the rogues whining, i dont get it. ATM in pvp, i can take out all classes if i play my cards right. But I do have to focus alot Which is why i like how rogues works now. I find them very great if you know what to do. And a bad rogue will not stand a chance. Fairness of pvp