Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuke1096 View Post
    Aqir - Alliance
    Pandaren - Horde
    Mate... mate... where did you get this idea of Pandaren joining the Horde? Apart from one lonely Pandaren warrior helping Rexxar, there is no evidence of friendship with the Horde.
    Pandaren were allied with Night Elves and have some kind of friendship with Dwarves due to their mutual love for brews.
    Though according to this http://www.wowwiki.com/Pandaren they do not view themselves aligned to any of the two factions.

edit: oh and lol at assigning Aqir to alliance. Do you even know who Aqir were? God's sake man... wth?
    Last edited by Xzan; 2010-10-21 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Texar View Post
    Really? Are you sure about that? Ive never seen any posts about races only being bipedal..
    Have you seen a race that is not bipedal?

Quote Originally Posted by bethofwow View Post
    The two new races after Cataclysm will likely be: Furblog(Alliance) and Ogre(Horde)
    This but it is possible that we get Mok'nathal instead of Ogres.

About the hero class...I think Ranger or Beastmaster. New hero class comes of course before the new races but both of those classes would fit perfectly to both new races.
    Last edited by Reyzzz; 2010-10-21 at 04:56 PM.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Deleted
    Meh. Dryads r a bad idea imo, as with furblogs. Ogres for horde seem reasonable although I'm a horde player and I wouldn't like an overweight new race I'll never play. I'd rather have Ethreals, they're travelling the twisting nether that's why they were in Outland and maybe they could come to Azeroth and join the Horde for some lore reason. As for the alliance, they can get an all new race from inside the Emerald Dream, where the expansion will most likely be set, and they'll be green skinned people with tattered wings they can't fly with, much like big wounded fairy things, but more badass than fairies.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuke1096 View Post
    I disagree actually. I think if anything we have too many classes. Ten classes with 3 different specs each is alot. There already is all sorts of homogenization amongst the classes. Any new class added is going to play very similar to what's already implemented.
    Yeah thats´s kind of what I said. "More than enough" is another way to say "Too much" or, in this case: "Too many"

I for one also hope for another hero class next xpack, since its been 2 races, hero class, 2 races, ... till now

And what have we got so far in the game?

4 classes able to tank (warrior, dk, druid, paladin)
    4 classes able to heal (druid, paladin, shaman, priest)
    4 classes that are pure dps (mage, hunter, warlock, rogue)
    10 classes able to dps (hybrids + pures)

So things are pretty balanced as it is, but what would our next hero class be?

Id say pure dps or a healer/tank only hybrid, which would be kind of interesting.
    Don't Fwoosh me.

As a reminder:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    Gear wouldn't work with quadrupedal beings. How would a robe be displayed?! You can dress up Naga in the WoW model viewer but anything below the wait just doesn't work. How would mounts work? Or certain vehicles? It jut most likely won't happen. Far too much effort would be put into making the game work for quadrupedal creatures. They will most likely HAVE to be bipedal.[
    Perhaps the Vrykul will make a return some how. With the valkyr joining sylvannas they might be influenced to join or to oppose them. Their size is the main problem though. Maybe they'd just have small hit boxes and are immune to door frames. XD

I think Ranger or Beastmaster.
    That's called cutting a hunter in half, and giving half each to their own new class. No.

Perhaps the Vrykul will make a return some how.
    This sounds quite plausible, combined with the idea of heroic races. Another story arc would be the Vrykul rejection of anything to do with the Lich King, including the Valkyr and Ymirjar. You could combine this with maybe the Draenei, being such devout followers of the light, going to them and sharing their faith. The ones who would win them over would be the Vindicators, making a way through the Vrykul warrior culture (a holy warrior that kicks their arses in duels, that would impress them).
    Combined with the Frost Vrykul, they could make a society that joins the Alliance, and start at level, say, 75.

I wouldn't give them paladins or maybe even priests when they release, since they would be "children" to the faith still, and others wouldn't believe in it, but follow the Alliance for other reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    About the hero class...I think Ranger or Beastmaster. New hero class comes of course before the new races but both of those classes would fit perfectly to both new races.
    I think they still need another hero class personally. They've been kicking around the "Monk" idea for years now. I think that would make the best hero class. Not too keen on how this would fit into the lore though.

[Edit: Ranger/Beastmaster == Hunter. I don't think they'd go there.]

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Rule 1: Playable races have to be bipedal.

So no, not going to happen.
    False, worgens in mount form.

---------- Post added 2010-10-21 at 10:03 PM ----------

new hero class is going to be demon hunter blade master or Shadow hunter without question. My best guess would be shadow hunter since they can heal

---------- Post added 2010-10-21 at 10:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ImNot1337 View Post
    I think they still need another hero class personally. They've been kicking around the "Monk" idea for years now. I think that would make the best hero class. Not too keen on how this would fit into the lore though.

[Edit: Ranger/Beastmaster == Hunter. I don't think they'd go there.]
    Monks are mad boring and contrary to popular belief they do not heal

^ That's what terrible looks like.

Also, worgen arms don't transform into legs when they go into mount form.

See ya in 4 years.
    THOR IS HERE

Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Source)

Ghostcrawler: Death knights are the only current Hero class, which means they are supposed to be the best class in the game.

Shadow Hunter. Heal/Heal/Damage specs. Uses a Mojo bar which you fill by using certain base techniques in succession and then use either to buff yourself or debuff enemies. The damage spec would focus on magic, primarily debuffs and fire/nature damage, while the healing specs would allow for a druidic HoT-focused spec and a more direct healing focus. I think it's time we got a healing class that doesn't rely on mana and shadow hunters are just too fucking cool. They could wear leather or mail.

Quote Originally Posted by c4tuna View Post
    Shadow Hunter. Heal/Heal/Damage specs. Uses a Mojo bar which you fill by using certain base techniques in succession and then use either to buff yourself or debuff enemies. The damage spec would focus on magic, primarily debuffs and fire/nature damage, while the healing specs would allow for a druidic HoT-focused spec and a more direct healing focus. I think it's time we got a healing class that doesn't rely on mana and shadow hunters are just too fucking cool. They could wear leather or mail.
    They call them shamans. Infact, not only are ingame Shadow Hunter shamans, you just pretty much described the ingame character class shaman.

Just replace the 2nd heal spec with melee and thats pretty much it.

10+ Year Old Account
    2011 blizzcon will be the teller of this tale new player races or a new class most likely new races since there weary about new classes after the death knights being such a hassle to balance.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

I would rather see no new classes or races ever again. I would be absolutely ecstatic if 100% of the next expansion was spent balancing 85-90 and creating some real lore-worthy areas to play in.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonBarber View Post
    Demon Hunter is _old_. We meet Illidian, he was cool but it's over. Get over it. Demon Hunter don't fit in any future lore, in any future way for a chain quest for them to get from wherever they are into the world.

Most likely it will be a Draeneiaoinic makaza
    illidan was and is not the only reason demon hunters existed. in case you didnt play the burning crusade...or in case you havent played wow AT ALL ill fill you in. theres these dudes called the burning legion ye and they want to exterminate all life on azeroth. have tried and failed many times. last attempt was shoving a red dude through a shiny bathtub in the sunwell. didnt work so well. but thats not to say they wont return. in fact it is almost a 100% certainty that blizzard will bring back the burning legion in a future expansion, seeing as their leader and one could argue, the ultimate evil in wow - sargeras - hasnt been seen/heard of/confronted in the past 5 years. now with all of this do you really thing a demon hunter class is so far fetched...

and returning to the original topic - no a dryad will not happen - neither will the draconic entity you speak of - 1 because like someone mentioned above all playable races have to be bipedal or else blizzard has one huge visual nightmare dealing with loot and how it fits on them etc.
    2 - because there are so many other races that could be assimilated into the horde or alliance. like furbolg, ogres, quillboar, murloc, naga (i know they dont have 2 legs but they are mostly humanoid)
    3 - because i think personally that blizzard has enough races running around and not enough classes.

---------- Post added 2010-10-22 at 03:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xanderd View Post
    I would rather see no new classes or races ever again. I would be absolutely ecstatic if 100% of the next expansion was spent balancing 85-90 and creating some real lore-worthy areas to play in.
    this this this a 100xthis