Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    What I mean with 4pc is it stacks addatively with Seals of the pure. I'm not sure how I got 7.5% either, I can't find a way to come up with that. I do get a kick out of it though: linear algebra? No problem. Algebra I? Fuuuuuuuu

Anyways, you always want to similar things because your brain cannot register what a computer can, nor can a bare dummy emulate what a raid setting is like.

And a gear jump from t9 to t10 is pretty big, especially if you can get 264 or 277. I can't give you a straight comparison now, but upgrading about 4 pieces from 264 to 277 is about a 5% increase too.
    Last edited by Badpaladin; 2010-10-22 at 09:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    target dummies have relatively less seal damage due to the absence of the 10% attack speed buff, 5% spell haste buff (more CS hits), the 8% spell damage buff, 4% physical damage taken debuff, 12% armor debuff (SoC) and the 10% AP buff. this means that on a target dummy, the 4PT10 isn't worth as much. you really need to compare logs versus each other to get a decent comparison.

i'm currently working up a comparison to compare 4PT10-251 with 2X251;2X245 (as in the OP example) with rest in 251 gear. don't have time to finish it right now, but i'll come back to this later.

edit: comparison shows it's a minor difference in stats.
    http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...23:50977:49999
    on a setup of 2K STR you have a 34 STR, 32 crit and 6 haste difference. it's pretty close.

it really depends on the quality of your tier pieces and the potency of the remaining gear. better offset pieces mean the bonuses scale better than the raw stats. worse offset pieces mean the raw stats are a bigger influence.
    fair point but those buffs also affects all the other damage you do and not just seal damage wich means that the extra 2 piece bonus also gives lower numbers because of this so the 2 piece also isnt worth as much on a target dummy as it would be in a raid situation and the 2 piece is affect more things since it increeases all damage meaning you still get a 5% increase to seal and judgement damage with it and also a 5% increase tom all the other damage sources.
    so for this test i think the target dummy devalues the dubble 2 set setup more than the 4 set t10 setup.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maaghen View Post
    fair point but those buffs also affects all the other damage you do and not just seal damage wich means that the extra 2 piece bonus also gives lower numbers because of this so the 2 piece also isnt worth as much on a target dummy as it would be in a raid situation and the 2 piece is affect more things since it increeases all damage meaning you still get a 5% increase to seal and judgement damage with it and also a 5% increase tom all the other damage sources.
    so for this test i think the target dummy devalues the dubble 2 set setup more than the 4 set t10 setup.
    actually:

10% attack speed buff only affects melee swings (procs more seals) and the accompanying HoL (free TV, which procs a seal as well) and AoW procs.
    5% spell haste buff only affects CS CD (more seal procs) and spell GCD.
    8% spell damage debuff only affects holy damage (i.e. seals, exorcism, judgement, hammer of wrath and holy wrath).
    4% physical damage and 12% armor affects all physical damage (i.e. melee swings, CS and TV, but also SoC)
    10% AP affects everything, but seals scale better with it due to seals scaling with AP and SoC scaling with weapon damage (basically, SoC means your seals do an extra 7% weapon damage).

while all these all effect other portions of your damage, seals are the only part that's affected by all of these, and basically just scale better with buffs.