Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Great, now we're going to get raids tailored to having observers 'helping' the raid.

Man, Back when I raided we didn't need an extra 5 man groupt o call stuff out on vent..

Ignoring that, I really don't see the issue with this. Make them invulnerable, but still see their life move according to effects or give them an option to. If they die, instant-rerez etc....

This would be a wonderful idea, all around. I would personally love it- Why not post it on the suggestion forums?

Quote Originally Posted by slashbase View Post
    Great, now we're going to get raids tailored to having observers 'helping' the raid.
    Implying that people aren't intelligent to notice stuff themselves.

No, just look at the lag brought by the people spectating FPS games

don't forget that the wow arena competitions already have an observer mode.

also, this idea has been already discussed several times in the past years on the official forums (google 'wow spectator mode' or anything similar)
    Last edited by Daeveren; 2010-10-21 at 03:49 PM.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    2:18 Blizzcon Day 1 - "Observation mode will be talked about more" (From Lore's, Tank Spot, tweets)

~neocort

10+ Year Old Account
    They have this in Guild Wars to see PvP battles. Was awesome and hope it comes into WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Parhadox View Post
    Blizzard will never find reason to do this, also due to the fact we can see every fight in youtube.
    Lol this is like saying '' we have ground mail why use e-mail there is no reason to do so''

Quote Originally Posted by Neocort View Post
    This has always been a question of mine. How come we can't watch others raid...live? Sure there are videos, but as a raider and a GL it would be nice to be able to have folks watch fights (for fun and learning purposes)as they occur.

So, when I saw the "floating GM" in the Paragon vs Atramedes (Cataclysm beta) video it made me wonder...is this what the GM is doing? If so, it appears that the mechanism is already in game...any chance of it being implemented someday, as a guild perk maybe?

~neocort
    It's a great idea, but it's a pipe dream.

There is just too many people, and too much going on. It probably isn't feasable to add another 100+ people in an instance. Now, a 5 person "Viewing Cap" to show initiates exactly how you do bosses? That is a GREAT idea.

But 2500 people watching Premonition and Paragon? Sounds like a nightmare to me.