Hiding Quest Mobs Names?

Anyone know of an add-on that does this?

With 4.0, they added a new feature in which monsters that you currently have to kill for a quest will have their names appear over their head at all times. There's no way to remove it, to my knowledge, but was wondering if any add-ons out there are capable of it.

Deleted
    Names are rendered in the C engine. Addons cannot manipulate it.

Ugh. >_<

Is there by chance an in game option to disable it that I did not see when looking?

Not sure, but there does seem to be some options in the default UI regarding names display.
    Try this.

Interface - Names - NPC Names - None.

That's been disabled since I started WoW.

I've tried everything in that section of the game.

My OCD + Names in the game world = Me wanting to stab my computer screen. And the sad fact is, I'm not joking >_< Even sadder fact is that I'd be going crazy over the assymetry of the stab wound on said screen, if I survived the shock. >_>;

Deleted
    You actualy can change this. Under the "Name" section of the interface options. Here you'll find a drop down menu where you can choos to show names on "Quest NPC", "All NPC" or "None".

edit: This was set to a default for Quest NPC when patch 4.0.1 came in.
    Last edited by mmoc9bca5565b2; 2010-10-21 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trops View Post
    You actualy can change this, somewhere in the interface options there is a dropdown menu where you can select to see mobs names always, quest, never. (or something similar to that.)
    Same problem for me, I tried disabling this interface option but it doesn't work... It's a bad thing for players in a pvp realm :/
    "We are players here as well. We are merely playing these roles and nothing more."

Interface > Names > Dropdown menu in upper left to "none"

I've had it set to "none".

Is it just bugged or something?

Deleted
    Ah I see the dropdown menu doesn't work no matter what you set it to. If I set it to none I'll still see some quest npc names.
    They will probably fix this soon, you can always create an in-game ticket to let a GM know about this issue