Quote Originally Posted by enoesiiw View Post
Maybe the guy was just making a tank set himself? I don't know why people always complain about ninjas. If you're so mad about people stealing from you just don't use the dungeon finder. It's that simple. If you do use it, use it with the knowledge that there is always a chance that people will take what you need, even if you feel they don't need it. It goes the same for raids, if you're going to pug with someone else as master looter, just expect everything you want to get ninja'd. At least then you can only be surprised for the better.
I believe it always to be polite, if you join as DPS, to say that you would like to roll on the tank gear as well. It's so easy, and avoids any sort of dispute.

And to all the people accusing the OP of QQing over some level 60 blue, that really isn't the issue the OP appears to be flagging up. He appears to be discussing the principle of ninja-looting, using this as his example. I won't comment on whether the case described by the OP was strict ninja-looting, but even if it wasn't, it was still at least somewhat discourteous. I like to advocate main spec > off-spec (main spec = what you are doing dungeon as) unless otherwise agreed at the start of the dungeon, as that is the general etiquette of level 80 dungeons. Why shouldn't it be the case for lower dungeons? Yes, gear may not be as important at lower levels, but ninja-looting is still selfish.