Thread: Best BG Healer?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was also wondering this. I have an 80 holy paladin and 80 disc priest. I sorta want a resto druid but dont really want to level.
    85 priest working on my dk next

Disc Priest > Hpally > Druid > Shammy for BG Healer.

DPriest is really OP right now and will even more at 85. Disc, is disgustingly OP in PVP right now. They can outlast tanks with multiple tenacity in WG.

Holy paladins and Disc priests are the OP healers in BG's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathtanker View Post
    skills > class
    ^Definatly this in Cataclysm. I've read in blues that it may take people some time to realize, but with the way talents have been changed along with the way buffs have been changed, it is definatly now a matter of the skill of the player is much more important than what class the're using.

In WotLK and certianly TBC, the class you were using was important for A) Certian boss encounters, and B) the buffs/abilites they have (3% hit Shaman, Priest; and 3 or 5% crit Mage/Warlock, ect.)

I suppose I should answer the actual question, In WotLK, I really loved the damage i could do with my disc priest while still doing decent healing through bubbles and that evanglism thing. as well as pennance! Other than that druids are always a pain in the butt, although they will be sheepable if not already.

best answer i got i dont have a shaman or paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Gossipgirlxo View Post
    cuz line of sight has totally worked in battlegrounds for the last 3 years...
    I lol'd

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vision33r View Post

DPriest is really OP right now and will even more at 85. Disc, is disgustingly OP in PVP right now. They can outlast tanks with multiple tenacity in WG.
    As many said. Skill > Class. But if I gotta choose a class this guy summed it up pretty nicely.

Most "botters" arent even away from their computer, so they have no problem clicking a button every so often. I honestly dont think there will ever be a way to prevent people from botting. If someone is not playing in a BG in person, they are, but not doing anything. Take AB and Blacksmith.. Ive seen many BGs where a rogue or druid will just camp out inside Blacksmith and every so often, go in combat so they dont get booted. Sad thing is for doing nothing, they get the most honor. I know.. not fair.

I think botting/going afk will always be a pain in everyone's asses in this BG.

i have a dpriest, rdruid, and rshaman and the priest is by far the squishiest of the 3. ferals and warriors can drop me through pain suppression with 1450 resil.

of the 3 healers my shaman has easily the best throughput and survivability even without instant ghostwolf. none of my healers can tank like a hpaly though.

Quote Originally Posted by lockos View Post
    just 15 mins ago on an eos bg the alliance team had a resto druid.
    he did 3 milions healing.......
    6 ppl were nuking him

i was( mage) using spellsteal counterspell ignite stun also one of the players on him was a prot warrior and we all know what cc they have

the burst and substained dps on him was crazy but he didn't die .................. at a moment i was spellstealing his hots and i was able to survive 4 dps on me for like 1 min......

he was just impossible to die even with bl we didn't take him under 30-40% i am fire mage with 1100 haste atm 44% crit and 3550 sp ( bg buffed) i can really do an insane amount of dmg when bl is up and he was just jumping around hotting him self up ignoring 6 ppl nuking him
    at the end of the bg i had 1.2 milions dmg and i can tell you that 500-600k was on that guy.

if resto druids are like this at cataclysm we are going to see ranked bgs with 4-5 resto druids
    but i really hope they are more balanced at 85 or they will get nerfed hard

but i am really wandering priest/mages/locks were nerfed on live and druids//warriors/ paladins got buffed why they are allowing resto druids to be so god mode.

maybe the expansion is over now and pvp since ranked arena games are disabled doesn't mean much but we are some ppl that we like doing bgs even now and it is really unpleasant to fight against malfurion ( druid)
    I'll translate.
    I'm a fire mage in PVP, and I was doing everything I could to lock down a resto druid, and he wouldn't die, even with six DPS on him.
    We couldn't take him below 30-40%, and half of the 1.2m damage I did during the whole BG was on him.

I think that the way classes are now are the exact same way they will be in Cata, and that our current status is a good representation of the changes that will be made between now and then.

Big thanks to Safhira for my Signature!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/llane/Gog…

10+ Year Old Account

I don't know what planet you're living on. Disc is, by all high level players I've seen posts/videos from, the absolute worst healer in PvP in Cataclysm as of early November. Seeing as how you're relating this Cataclysm discussion to level 80 and having Tenacity in Wintergrasp though, I can't put much stock in your perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't go as far as calling it the best healer for rated bg's but i definatly see holy priests making a comeback for bg's

Deleted
    Hpallies & druids by far.

I personally am going to level a pally because I'm bored with druids, though.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillieB View Post
    I wouldn't go as far as calling it the best healer for rated bg's but i definatly see holy priests making a comeback for bg's
    I have been playing around with Holy in BG's a LOT the past couple weeks, and I have to say... they are coming into their own. They will most likely never be too awful good in arena, BUT.... in BG's... they have so many instant cast heals, CoH, PoM, Emp Renew, Shields that are not bad, Desperate Prayer 45s CD).

Not to mention: Guardian Spirit, Serendipity to get out Faster GHeal or PoH, Body and Soul (60% movement speed inc from shield for 4sec and dispels a poison in addition to a disease from Cure).

Chastise... yeah. A stun for a healer... it is pretty sweet. Plus the Psy Scream and Mind Control... all decent CC in BG's.

Overall, imho as a long time priest player... Holy is actually better than Disc in BG's right now, Disc will probably still be better in arenas in the future (Cata) depending on the balancing they do and such.

With 1580 Res in BG's right now, plus all the CC and Instant cast I rarely, if ever, die... provided I don't put myself in a realy stupid spot.

Oh and later edit: Holy Priest with Emp Renew can easily match druid Hots. Without even breaking a sweat, in BG's anyhow.... and if they know how to play, of course, which is the aforementioned: skill>class/spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

Resto Druid

No need for more words

I always dread seeing the enemy have holy pallies, even tho I'm one myself, because they never die.

Been gearing up my alt gatherer druid in BGs these last weeks, currently sitting on ~1100 Resil and 34k life self buffed and am really starting to enjoy myself.

Granted restos got a severe output nerf on Lifebloom for PvP, I'd still say that our survivability more then makes up for it. The PvP toolbox on druids is sick compared to the other healers. (And yes, I have lv 80 shaman/paladin/priest).

Personally i feel very strong in BGs, and as Deftonia said, its always a pain see a hostile Holy paladin.

Deleted
    All healers are pretty OP now imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreezlol View Post
    All healers are pretty OP now imo.
    Seemingly endless mana pools is a main factor in this. Healers will be running out of mana ALOT faster at 85, especially bad ones spamming high cost spells.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    1: Resto Druid - Pain in the backside!
    2: Holy Pala - Pain in the backside!
    3: Disc Priest - Pest
    4: Holy Priest - Minor Pest
    5: Resto Shaman - Usually dispatched quickly
    Insert Signiture here.