Thread: Best BG Healer?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Best BG Healer?

Hey all

just wondering your opinions on best healers in bgs. I'm planning on doing rated bgs exclusively in cata and would like to know what healer you see in a bg that just makes you go omg yes we have that guy!

I have a druid/paladin/shaman at 80 right now, could level a priest. So far I'm thinking Paladin for all the useful spells they have (like the hands) to help win rated bgs. What do you all think?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    skills > class

Quote Originally Posted by Deathtanker View Post
    skills > class
    oh

my

god

the truth, it has been spoken.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bstore2 View Post
    Hey all

just wondering your opinions on best healers in bgs. I'm planning on doing rated bgs exclusively in cata and would like to know what healer you see in a bg that just makes you go omg yes we have that guy!

I have a druid/paladin/shaman at 80 right now, could level a priest. So far I'm thinking Paladin for all the useful spells they have (like the hands) to help win rated bgs. What do you all think?
    Healing class ability at 80 vs. Healing class ability at 85 may be vastly different.
    Xentin
    Damage Control [Suramar-US]

skills > class
    this, not to mention things are still being balanced. also preference > someone elses idea of "best"

edit: lol, ironically, my personal opinion/preference is priest. mana burn and life grip and arguably still the best dps. (ironic because priest is the only class you don't have)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

skills > class
    Unless Resto Druid.

Which also answers the OP's question.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I personally like shaman the best. Earth shield is great when you're stunned, instant wolf form to get away from those pesky rogues, your "oh-shit" macro is very powerful, heroism is great for arenas... I could go on and on.

I have to say as a Frost DK I have no problem just demolishing Resto Shamans 1v1 and sometimes 1v2 if I can CC the DPS with HC without him/her trinketing.

Deleted
    If youre trying to kill them, trees are the worst, followed by hpalas.

If its a duel, discs are the worst.

Blood DK is fun if you like healing. You just won't get to heal other people very much

Quote Originally Posted by Kesia View Post
    I personally like shaman the best. Earth shield is great when you're stunned, instant wolf form to get away from those pesky rogues, your "oh-shit" macro is very powerful, heroism is great for arenas... I could go on and on.
    I have to ask, what "oh-shit" macro ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    oh

my

god

the truth, it has been spoken.
    its all lies..!!!

Holy pallys never die in bg's unless theres more than like 5 people on them

or 3 casters with blanket silence.

Naming the most OP healer at the moment will not make the best BG healer in the future, it simply makes you the first to get nerfed.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    Unless Resto Druid.

Which also answers the OP's question.
    This! It isn't hard to HoT everyone and line of sight the other team.

Deleted
    Paladins will be really good for BG healing in cata

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurzura View Post
    This! It isn't hard to HoT everyone and line of sight the other team.
    cuz line of sight has totally worked in battlegrounds for the last 3 years...

just 15 mins ago on an eos bg the alliance team had a resto druid.
    he did 3 milions healing.......
    6 ppl were nuking him

i was( mage) using spellsteal counterspell ignite stun also one of the players on him was a prot warrior and we all know what cc they have

the burst and substained dps on him was crazy but he didn't die .................. at a moment i was spellstealing his hots and i was able to survive 4 dps on me for like 1 min......

he was just impossible to die even with bl we didn't take him under 30-40% i am fire mage with 1100 haste atm 44% crit and 3550 sp ( bg buffed) i can really do an insane amount of dmg when bl is up and he was just jumping around hotting him self up ignoring 6 ppl nuking him
    at the end of the bg i had 1.2 milions dmg and i can tell you that 500-600k was on that guy.

if resto druids are like this at cataclysm we are going to see ranked bgs with 4-5 resto druids
    but i really hope they are more balanced at 85 or they will get nerfed hard

but i am really wandering priest/mages/locks were nerfed on live and druids//warriors/ paladins got buffed why they are allowing resto druids to be so god mode.

maybe the expansion is over now and pvp since ranked arena games are disabled doesn't mean much but we are some ppl that we like doing bgs even now and it is really unpleasant to fight against malfurion ( druid)

Skills will play a good part, though I certainly feel that hots will play a very good role due to their set and forget nature.
    Together with the escape mechanisms offered to the class I think resto druids will cater very well to newer players trying healing in battlegrounds.