Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    I do see where Swizzle is coming from though and somewhat agree. Speccing frostfire orb should really remove flame orb and give frostfire orb on the frost tab as an actual spell as opposed to the current using of flame orb icon/tooltip but firing a different spell.
    Speccing Frostfire Orb DOES remove Flame Orb.

And would they move it to the Frost tree? It isn't Frost Orb. Frostfire spells go in the Fire tab apparently, like Frostfire Bolt.

There is currently a Frostfire Orb icon in game, you can see it if you look through the icons available when you are making a macro.

They also do have separate tooltips. You can see them on Wowhead.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2010-10-23 at 09:55 PM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Speccing Frostfire Orb DOES remove Flame Orb.

And would they move it to the Frost tree? It isn't Frost Orb. Frostfire spells go in the Fire tab apparently, like Frostfire Bolt.

There is currently a Frostfire Orb icon in game, you can see it if you look through the icons available when you are making a macro.

They also do have separate tooltips. You can see them on Wowhead.
    Fair enough on the spell tabs, but I think you don't quite understand what I meant. You lose the ability to launch a flame orb yes, but you still cast flame orb itself to launch frostfire orb. The icon and tooltip don't change.

The icon is used in the talent itself. The spell on WoWhead you're referring to is likely http://cata.wowhead.com/spell=92283 and currently isn't used anywhere in the game visible to the player.

Ah, that's odd, I would have expected the tooltip and icon to update, I see what you mean. Although considering that they have got the spell icon and tooltip for Frostfire Orb on Wowhead it is possible that they are in the game files and have simply not been attached correctly to the spell, especially since spell tooltips now update in real time.
    The icon I meant wasn't actually the one used for the talent, there is a second one with frost in the center and fire around it, sort of the reverse of how it looks on the talent which has fire in the center and frost around it. It us just a little further down the list of icons than the first one.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2010-10-23 at 10:51 PM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fair enough on the spell tabs, but I think you don't quite understand what I meant. You lose the ability to launch a flame orb yes, but you still cast flame orb itself to launch frostfire orb. The icon and tooltip don't change.

The icon is used in the talent itself. The spell on WoWhead you're referring to is likely http://cata.wowhead.com/spell=92283 and currently isn't used anywhere in the game visible to the player.
    This is what was confusing me. I get the whole it deals FF damage and not just fire, but when you use a fire spell, it seems odd that Cold Snap resets it.
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    I was wondering,
    if you have firepower, the fire orb explodes right?
    and it's possible to spec both FFO AND FP together
    so if you spec them both together, does the FFO explode? does it explode with frostfire damage? does it make a freeze/snare effect like a delayed frost nova?
    I hope it does ^_^

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamG3691 View Post
    I was wondering,
    if you have firepower, the fire orb explodes right?
    and it's possible to spec both FFO AND FP together
    so if you spec them both together, does the FFO explode? does it explode with frostfire damage? does it make a freeze/snare effect like a delayed frost nova?
    I hope it does ^_^
    Something along the lines of 2/8/31? I'd assume it would explode given that the spell is still flame orb, and I'd also have to assume that the explosion would be pure fire damage. Don't know how good that spec is however.
    BfA Beta Time

I would have prefered that the talent made it a frost orb im not digging frostfire at all =(

Quote Originally Posted by Belahl View Post
    I would have prefered that the talent made it a frost orb im not digging frostfire at all =(
    Diablo 2 sorc frozen orb gogo!?

15+ Year Old Account
    Fire power does indeed make it explode.

Ah, that's odd, I would have expected the tooltip and icon to update, I see what you mean. Although considering that they have got the spell icon and tooltip for Frostfire Orb on Wowhead it is possible that they are in the game files and have simply not been attached correctly to the spell, especially since spell tooltips now update in real time.
    The icon I meant wasn't actually the one used for the talent, there is a second one with frost in the center and fire around it, sort of the reverse of how it looks on the talent which has fire in the center and frost around it. It us just a little further down the list of icons than the first one.
    Yeah, frost mages have been asking for it to actually update since it was implemented but nothing yet. It'll probably get implemented as you say, just not a high priority right now.

I did find the icon you're talking about. I agree, it does match the spell's animation better than the talent version. I've actually seen that used in the beta, it's a quest item in very early Uldum. http://cata.wowhead.com/item=62054 and if memory serves it was the original FFO talent icon. Personally I'll be modding FFO to that icon if it doesn't get used in the end for the spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Something along the lines of 2/8/31? I'd assume it would explode given that the spell is still flame orb, and I'd also have to assume that the explosion would be pure fire damage. Don't know how good that spec is however.
    Fire damage, yes. Not sure how well it scales though. http://www.wowhead.com/spell=83619 Here's the base spell. The explosion doesn't seem to gain that much power unless it was overhauled recently. I was experimenting with it as an alternative to ignite fairly early in the beta, but it didn't seem to work. Ignite on your 100% crit rate FFBs is just too good.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamG3691 View Post
    won't the talent icon be able to be used as a macro symbol?
    if so, just make a macro to do the exact same spell, just with the talent's icon :P
    I'll probably just dump the icon in with the rest of my icon mods, it'll be easier and I don't have to deal with yet another macro.
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2010-10-24 at 12:01 AM.

Deleted
    won't the talent icon be able to be used as a macro symbol?
    if so, just make a macro to do the exact same spell, just with the talent's icon :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, think about it this way. Both Disc and Holy spells are Holy Healing, but that doesn't mean they're all going to be in the Holy Tab of the spell book. Just because it does certain damage or acts a certain way doesn't mean it's going to be in a specific tab.

All of a Hunter's shots aren't just in the Marksman Tab. All of a Shaman's Enhancing Totems and Weapon Enchants aren't in the Enhancement Tab. Heck, Rune Strike, an almost purely Blood DK ability, and Festering Strike, an almost purely Unholy DK ability, are both in the Frost Tab.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Does it move the spell to the frost school? Because if not then that makes as much sense as Marisa Tomei winning an Oscar.
    George is getting angry!

I'll probably just dump the icon in with the rest of my icon mods, it'll be easier and I don't have to deal with yet another macro.

Hah, I thought I was the only one who did this. Most of my spells are macro'd to icons I prefer or think fit them better.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hah, I thought I was the only one who did this. Most of my spells are macro'd to icons I prefer or think fit them better.
    You can actually get the game to accept custom icons without using macros if you've got a .blp converter. In this case I'd save and convert it to .blp, name it spell_mage_flameorb.blp, and dump it in WoW/Interface/Icons. It'll change flame orb's icon whenever it shows up in the game, but I suppose that's not what most people would be after if you switch specs from frost to anything else. Works fairly well for me because I only really play frost mage.