Thread: Victory Rush

Victory Rush

Is there any use for this while tanking? I've seen it on a few people's bars when they've posted their UI

Yes, it gives you nice number of hp.

There is a talent that procs Victory Rush when you devastate an enemy with less then 20% health, however it only heals you for 5% ( before glyphs/talents ) instead of the 20%
    A hero of war, yeah that's what I'll be. And when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me

Deleted
    There is always a chance that you get a killing blow, and in the case you do get one, and you have the gcd for it, it can't hurt to actually use it, because with the field dressing talent it's still a good heal.

Besides from that, some people have the "execute" VR talent from prot.
    Or is usefull when you grind/solo stuff.

Very situational ability, but no reason not to have it on your bars/keybinds somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't say I use it as much as maybe I should in group settings...but it's definitely keybound and I try and throw it out there for bonus heals. For soloing it's gravy.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Deleted
    Victory rush can heal up to 36% of your maximum life! (after killingblow)
    Or 9% when devastating a mob below 20% (also counts if you kill rats with devastate as it brings them past the 20% mark instantly it WILL proc, testet mutibletimes in the barrens. it has to SHOW/DO damage (if autoattack kills it and devastate hit "nothing" then it wont proc)

Being based on AP you use victory rush when Shieldslam and Revenge are on CD as it will do more damage than your devastate in raids (45% of AP, crits for 15-18k in icc for me, not well geared i must say)

10+ Year Old Account
    Impending Victory is rather awesome for old world soloing. Get boss to 20% - spam dev - victory rush when it procs - faceroll last 20% without worrying as much about dying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

VR also used to be limited to Berserker Stance and Battle Stance. Now it can be used in any stance...

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    All I can say is, protection warrior in Wintergrasp. You get 5+ stacks of tenacity, 10v1 is no problem. Once you live long enough to get 10k+ AP from vengeance, start one shoting people with shield slams and get 75k+ heals from victory rush. Feels good man
    Quote Originally Posted by thoukaia View Post
    Dung is absolutely correct
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...edar&cn=Dungly
    Prot for life

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruinner View Post
    Is there any use for this while tanking? I've seen it on a few people's bars when they've posted their UI
    Atm, no I don't think there is much to be gained from it. The reason is that you need to talent and glyph it properly to make the size of the heal noticeable. I managed to pull a heal, up and around 10k in size from it but due to the fact that we are still running instances where healers are spamming to keep you topped up, there is not a lot of opportunity to use.

It doesn't work quite as conveniently as a DK's death strike. Instead you need to proc it by using devastate and while you will use a lot of devastate, you have a short, limited window of opportunity to use it. I can think of ways to make use of it but I don't think it's worth the points and glyphs at this time. For now, I'll rather spec for other utilities and revisit the idea when Cata comes out.