Thread: cataclysm money

cataclysm money

Which profession will be huge comes out cata at release?

10+ Year Old Account
    Gathering poffs
    Faith Alone is Not Enough to Stop all the Enemies of the Light!
    - Retribution Paladin since 2007.

Burning Blade EU

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Jesus christ, I just agreed with Jaylock. I need to go and have a shower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mining and JC.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darchow View Post
    Gathering poffs
    Exactly. At release everyone will want to powerlevel their profs so the gathering mats will go through the roof. Only once people start hitting 85 will they start really needing gems and enchants for their gear that they've had crafted or bought.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah gathering professions are amazing over the first couple of months while people are leveling there professions up. In wotlk i was quite fast to 80 and 450 mining and was doing laps of wintergrasp on pally at 77 and sold my first titansteel bar for 900g. So mining and alchemy for easy money for the first few months then drop on to the Enchanting/JC bandwagon for the rest of the expansion.

Deleted
    Gathering professions are always insanely profitable during the first months. You can probably easily farm thousands of gold worth of materials in an hour. I know I did at the start of wrath!

15+ Year Old Account
    i think ench, JC, inscription, engi, and all gathering profs

Deleted
    Probably gathering proffesions. the new 'Titansteel' etc will be worth A LOT.

As said, gathering is super profitable. But anything can bank if you know what to do. Remember the +hit cloth gear at 85? That shit made enough gold that my buddy maxed out his tailor in gold after he bought epic flying for a few people for Christmas. Titansteel destoyer made bank cash, after titansteel bars dropped a bit (unless you gahered the mats on your own and sold it). Same with other just hit 85 starter craftables. If there are new glyphs they will sell hard, but I've not seen anythig on those. Enchanting mat cost will be so redicylous it will be worth doing every quest on an enchanter to get the gold and mats to sell. There is profit it everything.

gathering is quick cash, but not most profitable per hour outside of the first two weeks. Bank hard on it early, but don't neglect other professions. A bolt of new cloth might sell for 50g, but you might make another 2k profit selling it as a chest piece.

---------- Post added 2010-10-23 at 06:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dabros View Post
    i think ench, JC, inscription, engi, and all gathering profs
    As far as I can tell the only profitable thing enginers get to make is the looterang, and as that will probably be used to level eng, and everybody and their alt has eng, it won't sell for as much as mat cost.

Did I miss anything else usefull eng can sell?

---------- Post added 2010-10-23 at 06:06 PM ----------

I forgot the bows guns and bow/gun enchants.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Deleted
    Gathering proffesions during 1 month.

Enchanting. DE all those quest greens you get, sell the mats.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...monzi/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Crokey View Post
    You know you just wrote 7 paragraphs about some people you have never met, playing a computer game in a way you disagree with?

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i'm leveling my mage (herb) with my druid just to cash in early.

Enchanting too. but people who are leveling probably arent enchanting their greens. thats probably a long term goal. like 2 months in.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Yeah i'm leveling my mage (herb) with my druid just to cash in early.

Enchanting too. but people who are leveling probably arent enchanting their greens. thats probably a long term goal. like 2 months in.
    enchanting mats will go for the most 2 days into launch. when people dig 85, buy their crafted gear and want the best enchant on it ot do heroics.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll View Post
    enchanting mats will go for the most 2 days into launch. when people dig 85, buy their crafted gear and want the best enchant on it ot do heroics.
    People need the mats to make the crafted gear though. Everything sells for great profits at start. Personally i think mining is simple amazing for first month.

Enchanting and Jewelcrafting will always be professions to make some good money.

Deleted
    I know that the 'Frozen Orb' of Cataclysm will cost ALOT, like 5k at release.

I think I'm gonna level my DK with herbalism/mining first. The first 2 weeks all those mats are usally very pricy.

I revived my DK and dedicated to mining and herbalism since he has mount speed talent. So far, I've got him close to maxing out mining and herbalism.

Deleted
    Yeah, I'm going to swap one of my crafting profs to mining and swap it back after couple months. The prices of titansteel was incredible in the first month of wotlk.