Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...

Seriously, people gave this guy 6 pages? It's way to obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by tobyps View Post
    Cataclysm will come out December 7, 2010. That date is also the 69th anniversary of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. There no doubt somebody at Blizzard thought "hey wouldn't it be a cool coincidence if we made Cataclysm release on the day that will live in infamy?" Frankly, the thought of a Japanese company using Pearl Harbor as a marketing ploy for its product is deeply offensive to me. My grandfather will killed in Pearl Harbor. I have canceled my subscription, and I encourage other patriotic Americans to boycott Blizzard products. I have also filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Thank you for your time.
    Japanese? Isnt the Blizzard HQ in california?

I will continue to play WoW, SC2, and some day hopfully sooner than later will start playing Diablo 3. I seriously doubt blizzard or even activision put any thought into the release date rather than "When will our game be done?" It's silly to look too deeply into things.

Cataclysm will come out December 7, 2010. That date is also the 69th anniversary of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. There no doubt somebody at Blizzard thought "hey wouldn't it be a cool coincidence if we made Cataclysm release on the day that will live in infamy?" Frankly, the thought of a Japanese company using Pearl Harbor as a marketing ploy for its product is deeply offensive to me. My grandfather will killed in Pearl Harbor. I have canceled my subscription, and I encourage other patriotic Americans to boycott Blizzard products. I have also filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Thank you for your time.
    As if the troll weren't obvious enough...

10+ Year Old Account
    "patriotic americans" lol,
    how can u be a patriot of a country formed by people from all kinds of nations,
    i'm a patriotic "Gaian/Terran/Earthen", so i dont care =P

anyway... 1/10. now back under your bridge!

+2 points for perfect title
    +3 points for obvious bad information that people STILL responded to
    +2 for having 0/10 posts on the first page and still getting over 5 pages
    +4 points for getting people to actually go into paragraphs of serious conversation stating why you're wrong
    -2 points for taking 4 replies to finally get someone that fell for it
    -2 points for general saturation of thread with trololol responses

Final tally: 7/10, not bad but not even close to legendary

Anyway, wasn't there another thread before the release date was announced where someone compiled a list like 2 screens long of shit that's happened on 12/7 through the years?
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Deleted
    lol

my only qualm with the release date is it falls in my school's exam week.
    Blizz is trying to ruin my college career
    My guild <Rollin Deep> - See one of these guys? Run. Else you will die.

I came into this thread thinking the OP would have something flat-out ridiculous to say. But boy, did I underestimate just HOW ridiculous it would be.

Zomg blizzard is taking over the government to slowly turn it into an empire with your lordship ghostcrawler as the one and only emperor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishamyyl View Post
    my only qualm with the release date is it falls in my school's exam week.
    Blizz is trying to ruin my college career
    Simple, don't level. It's just a game, and school is far more important. The content will be there when you hit 85.

Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    If anyone falls for this troll I'll be sad
    The problem is i dont think it is a troll...there is just the right amount of retarded stupidity and irational anger for it to be genuine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    The problem is i dont think it is a troll...there is just the right amount of retarded stupidity and irational anger for it to be genuine.
    Troll or not, the argument is stupid.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithilquessir View Post
    do you know where California is?

In Japan, duh.

Deleted
    /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Alesthes View Post
    Seriously?

I was also born on the same day as Saddam Hussein (28th of April). Does that make me the antichrist?
    nah, he's just a stool pigeon
    if your birthday is the same as George Bush Jr., THEN you are the anti-christ

I was born around the same time the Paraguay War started. Damn you fate!
    obvious troll is obvious.

15+ Year Old Account
    With all respect towards those who fought in that war:
    If we were to cancel release dates on all the days where something horrible has happened in the past, then there wouldn't be any more releases at all.

Also: A fast scroll through all replies shows that a lot of non-constructive posts have been made, so I am locking this thread.
    Dawwwwwww