Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Didnt I post a thread like this earlier which was pretty much the same thing?

DS be the AoE ramp up for HP and use HW as the main AoE that uses HP? u.u

Quote Originally Posted by USMValor View Post
    Ele shamms, they have lightning bolt and chain lightning, our combo points are random and take longer to stack to the highest amount,9 instead of 3, chain lightning hits for slightly less then lightning bolt and gives us a chance to proc a stack on each jump, it can be glyphed to hit more with each hit a proc chance, why couldnt divine storm hit for less single target and give holy power?
    OMFG we have a guy comparing a elemental shaman with a retri pala(you are doing wrong math). How can u compare a ranged class with a mele class?.... Why don't you compare the enhancement shaman which does have to get 5 malestorm points to generate the instant cast and now for the Lava Lash he needs also 5 stacks of flametong totem to be able to do full dmg with that ability. And his white hits never have the chance of granting him instantly 5 points and free cast. Next time pls compare similar classes and do your lessons... atm retri pala hits like a truck with haste stacked because of that mastery.

Divine Storm's animation - best for ever. after Avenging Wrath, of course. animation of Templar's Verdict - sucks, really. more lightning shining brightly holy power in our divine hands!

PS get out this silly retri paladin's mastery. this is sucks. take it back and bing us something like:

- Increases the damage done by your Holy Magic by 20%. Each point of mastery increases damage by an additional 2.5%.

and we will be happy! =))
    Last edited by shekspeare; 2010-10-22 at 11:18 AM.

I have to say that i really enjoy the style of retribution as it is now. i LOVE the sound of TV and i also like the animation. even if our mastery is considered bad i like its original style compared to the flat dps-increase other classes / specs have. maybe an addition of a GCD-reduce for the next use of a holy-power-consuming-ability would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciah View Post
    I just want my spammable swirly DS back! D:
    same here. I hate that I can stand in SW or Dala and jsut use DS. No...now I need to have Holy Power to use DS :S

Lame.... I agree that Holy Wrath needs to be swapped with current DS and tat DS should be retri paladins version of Hammer of Righteousness. Giving 1 HoPo per cast.
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

How about give us an additional 30% threat reduction. Doing 12k dps on a single target 5 man boss fight makes for unhappy healers usually.

I like how ret pallys are playing right now on live. I enjoy the way that DS was redesigned, and love Holy Wrath as both single target and AoE, especially with the glyph to make it crit/stun dragonkin and elementals.

Have you seen a 3 HP DS crit in ICC right now? Fucking insane. Excuse my language, but it's needed for this. I never, ever saw DS hit that hard pre-4.0.1. And Holy Wrath is an all around amazing spell, whereas it was "meh" before. I use it constantly in ret as a filler in rotation, and the aggro it puts out in prot is phenomenal.

I say to you what I say to everyone I see in trade QQing about pallies...Read up on what you're doing, practice practice practice, and you'll find yourself doing just as well, if not better, then you were pre-4.0.1.

DS really sucks in its current state, I miss the good old DS.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by nwo View Post
    DS really sucks in its current state, I miss the good old DS.
    it doesnt suck. its not OP on trash like it used to be. all aoe classes were taken down a notch after the patch hit. this is intended

The only good thing I can say about our mastery proc is that we'll at least be able to recast inquisition without much dps loss.

I haven't really tested this much at 85, mostly because I've been reforging for other stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Rio View Post
    The only good thing I can say about our mastery proc is that we'll at least be able to recast inquisition without much dps loss.

I haven't really tested this much at 85, mostly because I've been reforging for other stats.
    and you see this as a good thing?

if you have 6 sec left on inquisition, and 3 HP, are you gonna re-apply it and overwrite it loosing 20% effective uptime each time, forget about it and don't aim for 100% uptime on inquisition, or wait and hope for a mastery proc at the right moment?

If you re-apply it before it ends, and get a mastery proc after -->> you will be frustrated
    that leaves 2 other options, which is basically "don't aim for 100% uptime, and re-apply it when you can, if you get a mastery proc use it instead.

Either way, you can't rely on mastery to keep it up, simple.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Ret was broken. If you don’t see eye to eye with us on that, then it’s understandable why the degree of change might be surprising to you
    i7 920@ 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte X58A-UD7, 6GB Ram Triple Channel OCZ @ 1900Mhz, CrossFire HD 5850 1Gb, Vertex 3 240Gb, BenQ M2700HD. G15 Keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by ragingsoul View Post
    and you see this as a good thing?

if you have 6 sec left on inquisition, and 3 HP, are you gonna re-apply it and overwrite it loosing 20% effective uptime each time, forget about it and don't aim for 100% uptime on inquisition, or wait and hope for a mastery proc at the right moment?

If you re-apply it before it ends, and get a mastery proc after -->> you will be frustrated
    that leaves 2 other options, which is basically "don't aim for 100% uptime, and re-apply it when you can, if you get a mastery proc use it instead.

Either way, you can't rely on mastery to keep it up, simple.
    This is true. Once again, RNG has ruined my hopes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rio View Post
    This is true. Once again, RNG has ruined my hopes.
    Ret is RNGtastic, but it's not a bad spec.

Quote Originally Posted by ChazleDazzle View Post
    I like how ret pallys are playing right now on live. I enjoy the way that DS was redesigned, and love Holy Wrath as both single target and AoE, especially with the glyph to make it crit/stun dragonkin and elementals.

Have you seen a 3 HP DS crit in ICC right now? Fucking insane. Excuse my language, but it's needed for this. I never, ever saw DS hit that hard pre-4.0.1. And Holy Wrath is an all around amazing spell, whereas it was "meh" before. I use it constantly in ret as a filler in rotation, and the aggro it puts out in prot is phenomenal.

I say to you what I say to everyone I see in trade QQing about pallies...Read up on what you're doing, practice practice practice, and you'll find yourself doing just as well, if not better, then you were pre-4.0.1.
    I never once said that I'm not doing as well or better than I was pre-4.0. I love Ret atm. This is mainly about removing HW from our single target rotation because of CC reasons, the same they did with Enhance.

Most tanks are too lazy to pull the group or boss away from the CC'd target. So when everything is on CD besides HW, you're screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Palegod View Post
    Oh I agree, but I long ago gave up on Blizzard listening to such things. Ret should be doing the same single target dps as fury too, given that both classes are hybrids, but good luck with that. Hell, think how the rogues must feel, since they're pure dps...
    Rets and Rogues are both vastly outperforming Warriors right now.

I don't see why Rets need spammable AOE damage that has no limitations. Since we essentially have infinite mana, they *have* to use HP to throttle DS. DS is meant for us to deal with large groups of low HP adds - we shouldn't get a free way to spam down groups. Our buffed single target DPS more than makes up for it. I know people are used to "free" AOE damage, but that's silly and get over it.

If I may interject as a prot pally, I like the idea of holy wrath requiring ho po. Then maybe it can do more damage and be great for threat. Especially for aoe fights. Right now the only I use ho po on is ShoR. And having to choose between more threat and survivability would be cool.

Deleted
    All classes aoe capabilites got hit pretty bad in 4.0.1.i've been leveling my lock in northrend lately and its simply no point to ROF at all, single target is the way to go as destro.

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    If I may interject as a prot pally, I like the idea of holy wrath requiring ho po. Then maybe it can do more damage and be great for threat. Especially for aoe fights. Right now the only I use ho po on is ShoR. And having to choose between more threat and survivability would be cool.
    I never thought of this. Someone should post this on Blizz forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Admincougar View Post
    i miss not really paying attention but still toping the meters =/
    thats like half the reason things like Ds arent in single target rotations anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by beingmused View Post
    Rets and Rogues are both vastly outperforming Warriors right now.
    I don't know in what world you live in, but warriors now fixed are doing equal if not more dps than us. mostly with their almost 100% crit on heroic strike every 3 sec.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Ret was broken. If you don’t see eye to eye with us on that, then it’s understandable why the degree of change might be surprising to you
    i7 920@ 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte X58A-UD7, 6GB Ram Triple Channel OCZ @ 1900Mhz, CrossFire HD 5850 1Gb, Vertex 3 240Gb, BenQ M2700HD. G15 Keyboard