Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I do not believe that Blizzard is offering either side a particular bias, although it may come across that way when you mix the differences between the two factions with your own subjective point of view.

They are two different factions offering different races, storylines, quests, champions, racial abilities, and yes even lore. People will choose to play which race they want to play. For example, I play a human because they were my favorite in the RTS, not because of that awesome Every Man for Himself. It's just one (ONE) ability amongst a plethora (I used it, so bite me) of abilities at my character's disposal, not a life changing reason why I'll play one faction or another.

At the end of the night it's still a game, play what you enjoy, and let others play what they enjoy. The fanatical devotion to a faction is admirable for RPing, but a little silly outside the game.
    To be married on January 21st, 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorack View Post
    Actually, something just came to mind.

Allow horde vs horde (or alliance vs alliance w/e) random BGs... but just make the opposite faction appear as the opposite faction to the enemy team.

Only problem would be the alliance architecture in BGs.
    or have ffa team bgs ( horde and ally players can be on the same team)
    a red player is a red player.

Quote Originally Posted by Peroxide View Post
    I do not believe that Blizzard is offering either side a particular bias, although it may come across that way when you mix the differences between the two factions with your own subjective point of view.

They are two different factions offering different races, storylines, quests, champions, racial abilities, and yes even lore. People will choose to play which race they want to play. For example, I play a human because they were my favorite in the RTS, not because of that awesome Every Man for Himself. It's just one (ONE) ability amongst a plethora (I used it, so bite me) of abilities at my character's disposal, not a life changing reason why I'll play one faction or another.

At the end of the night it's still a game, play what you enjoy, and let others play what they enjoy. The fanatical devotion to a faction is admirable for RPing, but a little silly outside the game.
    Best.Reply.Ever.
    He's climbin' in your Deepholme
    Burnin' yo people up
    Tryin to kill em' so you need to hide yo kids hide yo wife
    Cause he burnin' erbody out there

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    Wrath of the Alliance King says hi
    !!MINI WALL OF TEXT INC!!

I dont think you get what hes saying. Hes not talking about npc's and lore and things like that. Most people that play this game dont give a rats about lore or who led what charge on which bad guy. Hes refering to pvp, and on almost every battle group, the horde tends to be better. Once faction changes opened up it became even more unbalanced. The majority of bg's I've entered since the launch of 4.0.1 have been alredy in progress with the horde haveing 8-12 casters with the left overs being healers, sitting there camping the GY. Im getting to the point where I dont wanna pvp anymore. It isnt even balanced, with the sheer amount of bots (that blizzard doesnt seem to do anythign about), the fact that you can make gold from pvping (via selling gems), the alliance battlegrounds are more than ever filled with the most god awful players left in this game, "hey guys lets lose this thing as fast as possible so I can go keyboard turn and back peddle away from more rogues in another bg" its all I see. I usually end the bg with over 2million in healing, if it lasts more than 5 mins (and I use mostly pve gear), with the top player doing roughly 300k in dmg while the lowest horde player has twice that. It really gets hard to want to participate in pvp. Also, in case you guys suggest that I get a premade going, thats kinda hard on my server seeing as its a low pop pve server, also I live in australia but play on a US time zone so the majority of my play time is spent when my server is dead. I hope with the removal of battle groups and rated bg's things will even out a bit.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Quote Originally Posted by chogally View Post
    or have ffa team bgs ( horde and ally players can be on the same team)
    a red player is a red player.
    WoW is a little more than mindless violence with no directed scenario...

It's mindless violence with a directed scenario. I doubt that'll change anytime soon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlindSnow View Post
    A normal person will roll a human, because they are plain, anything else would just be too nerdy.

Most geeks/nerds roll horde characters, because it fits their nerdism.

Tis true ya know!
    Wut...?

Picture this: You just been on a date or met a new friend or something in that direction.

The next day you talk and WOW comes into the subject. You say you play a blood elf and he/she just walk away and call u nerd.

Please calculate the possibilities. I have very little belief that RL social needs decide which race you play.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Game numbers are 51-49 in favour of Alliance.

WotLK was Alliance centered - Horde was mostly an afterthought.
    SHould have been a /thread after this, IMO.
    « DOr shar'adore da shando! » ♥

« Vladka | Ryska | Radka »

I wish I was a Gnome Horde !

Pretty sure:
    A) There are 10 year old children that:
    i) Want to be "the bad guys" so they roll Horde.
    ii) Want to be "the good guys" so the roll Alliance.
    B) There are 10+ players that:
    i) Want to be "the bad guys" so they roll Horde.
    ii) Want to be "the good guys" so they roll Alliance.
    C) When you're losing you think the opposing faction looks better.
    D) When you're winning you think the opposing faction looks worse.
    E) Cookies are best with whipped cream and pickles.
    J) You lost interest in this post at point "A".
    W) People who make fanboy threads fail in some significant way, usually overcompensating for something.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTheGreat View Post
    Attractive count: 12

OT: Horde is also home to the more "mature" players in my opinion.
    This was the reason why I switched factions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kailtas View Post
    Wut...?

Picture this: You just been on a date or met a new friend or something in that direction.

The next day you talk and WOW comes into the subject. You say you play a blood elf and he/she just walk away and call u nerd.

Please calculate the possibilities. I have very little belief that RL social needs decide which race you play.
    This has nothing to with real life, or going on dates.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    So the game atm is pretty much world of hordecraft, because of the vast number differences, if you are on one of the few realms that are alliance heavy (likely a pvE realm) you can be forgiven for not really getting it.

But I think all will agree that balanced factions is teh best gaming environment. More fun in WG/TB, in levelling, in BGs. These days you struggle to find any allinace players to fight its boring.

So why are the horde such a popular faction all round? Why did most alliance players change also and what /how can the imbalance be fixed?

Why horde are so popular

1. They are the cooler faction: THey have nicer animations, look cooler in fighting and casting.
    2. They've got the only attractive human-looking race, the blood elves. [yes elves are supposed to be very beautiful, but it doesn't help that the alliance elves, the night elves are not equally as attractive, nor does it help that the actual humans are so un-attractive...especailly human males.

3. The horde have the more attractive racials too.

Don't get me wrong when the game first started off, it was the exact opposite in terms of numbers. The horde was intentionally designed to be cooler, and more powerful hence the better racials especially in pvp. The horde were given blood elves also to make them more attractive looking option. It was much needed and it worked. IF you loved the horde faction but couldn't really stand the appearance of the races, then you ad least had the manga style blood elves.

In time, more new players joined the horde faction, more alliance players swapped over.

What can be done to fix it
    It's a two part strategy... first they have to stop the leak, i.e. make sure equal number of people are choosing both factions, rather than horde. They can do this by making the alliance races just as cool, and making the races that are meant to be attractive, like the night elves actaully quite attractive and the humans too. Then also make their racials more powerful.

This will not reverse the numbers, but it would make the alliance equally as attractive to play on.

Secondly, after the re-modelled and re-animated races and the racial revamp have gone in, they should open up for a limited time only eitehr free faction changes on realms that have majority of one faction as I don't think free transfers does a good enough job. You see if they do free faction change now, it won't make any difference, no one wants to play again on crappy looking alliance, with weak racials and generally bad co-ordination and play. a Revamp will and must occur.

This topic cannot be brought up without mentioning the two new races, worgen and goblins. Imo, worgen are the cooler race, but not by much, goblins are more fun, in total they cancel each other out. The forsaken were the coolest race on wow's intros, or arguably the trolls, yet people prefferred the more human looking humans & night elves, the horde had no such option till Belves cvame out and for a change a nice looking human-like race was available. Don't get me wrong there are some nice looking night elf faces, however with older polygon counts, and terrible animations, they simply did not compare. Worgen are like undead/trolls, a cool alliance race and will have the sort of impact on alliance players that the forsaken had.

However worgen come into a game with faction changes, transfers and rolling toons of both factions on the same pvp server, none of which were avaialble when blood elves or any of the races were first introduced.

So, people will choose the horde as long as it continues to be the more attractive faction. Blizzard succeeded too well. Now with faction changes, and transfers avaialble, there is no need to make the alliance a more attractive faction. THey should now make the factions equally as attractive.

When they re-model and touch up the original races, they need to ensure night elves are as attractive and fancy in a cool way as blood elves are, humans have some actually nice faces and better postures etc. and gnerally cool up the allinace races. Also make sure their racials re equally potent in pvp
    WoWcensus wants a word with you mate.

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census...ervertypeid=-1
    Total Alliance: 1,399,798 - 51%
    Total Horde: 1,321,395 - 49%

---------- Post added 2010-10-22 at 01:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTheGreat View Post
    Attractive count: 12

OT: Horde is also home to the more "mature" players in my opinion.
    That's what Horde players are telling themselves to feel superior, because they're all kids. Get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    WoWcensus wants a word with you mate.

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census...ervertypeid=-1
    Total Alliance: 1,399,798 - 51%
    Total Horde: 1,321,395 - 49%[COLOR="red"]
    rule exception i haz them

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census...servertypeid=2

Quote Originally Posted by chogally View Post
    SO one server has more horde...Overall its still pretty even.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    racials doesnt mean much to number 3.
    to number 1, thats what you may think, but i like the animations from both, and really, when you fight something you normally hasnt time to look at your handsome character shooting stuff.
    to number 2, elves are pretty attractive imo. dont give much for that, if you pick Belf because they look pretty and is much prettier than all others on your faction, then the alliance probaly wont miss you.
    and cataclysm brings what both has missed. the Alliance, gets Worgen, a badass savage race and Horde, gets Goblins, a funny crazy races, like Gnomes.
    I know it is a matter of perspective, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, looks and animations are very subjective things, but you know there are somethign that more people will find generally better looking and cooler than others.

here's to hoping they make a good job of the character re-modelling...i would love to have nice looking humans & Nelves for a change, and more detailed tauren faces..they look so 2-D
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2010-10-22 at 01:43 AM. Reason: was saying rubbish before

Draenei females are the most attractive in my opinion, but maybe thats just me.

Otherwise, yeah. But I like alliance : D
    Quote Originally Posted by Baever View Post
    Heroic modes =/= additional bosses. It's the same encounter, but cannot be steamrolled by an inbred Texan with same IQ as a roll of toilet paper.
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbimojo View Post
    And, more, I'm fairly certain there are several homosexual characters in the game - they don't need to have <Gay> under their name to make it so.
    I'm that guy who enjoys sitting their 6'5" frame in front of little kids in movie theaters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    I will never be Horde. If it continues to be World of Hordecraft all through Cataclysm, I'll probably find a new game.
    Because the game plays differently when one faction gets a few more updates than the other?! Good, find a new game. I play both Horde and Alliance (prefer Alliance) and would rather see less people with this thought process and see more people playing a game for what it is.

This game was designed on two factions and the lore behind them and the World of Azeroth. If more than half (my numbers, not fact) of the 12 Million subscribers out there choose a faction based on looks, so be it! The game goes on and so does your character and theirs.

That's silly. I'm actually rolling a few Alliance characters in Cata, and I know a bunch of others as well.

to the person who started this thread - please check numbers before you post something so retarded. the game actually favors the alliance slightly not the horde. and as for all the reasons you listed above for why YOU think the horde are kewl - i bet half the people in wow would use those exact same reasons against them/or for why the alliance is better.
    please research before posting crap like this
    thanks in advance

ps i have played since early 2006 - i have been on chromaggus bladefist sylvanas and magtheridon. the only realm i would consider horde dominant is magtheridon.. bladefist horde were underpopulated by far - sylvans (where i currently am) alliance dominate - chromaggus when i last was there horde were a childrens tale. only maghteridon favored the horde and even then not by much.
    so please again i ask you to do some decent research before pulling stuff like this out of ur ass
    Last edited by 312guiltyspark; 2010-10-22 at 01:42 AM.