Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The key that's in there is just a chance at what used to be (2 years ago) free swag. I know that last year a lot of the normally free swag required some slip of paper or token from the goodie bag. Sadly, I was unable to make it out there this year due to a serious case of unemployment, which has now thankfully cleared up. (I still have the rash, though. Hopefully that'll go away on its own.)

the in game deathwing pet comes from the cata CE right?

Damn free authenticators, nice touch of Deathwing as well

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahstrasza View Post
    the in game deathwing pet comes from the cata CE right?
    Deathwing whelpling is from the Cata CE, yes. Deathwing Murloc is from Blizzcon.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Nice a bunch of junk and not worth the price paid for a Blizzcon ticket. JMO.

Gimme that Deathling, it looks great! Hope theyll put it in the store too.

Quote Originally Posted by dkiller21 View Post
    why does the virtual key only give us the pet when we paid just as much for it
    Paid just as much? Blizzcon ticket 150$ virtual ticket 40$. Unless I'm really bad at maths I hardly think you can call that paying 'just as much' for it.

And the virtual ticket gives you the pet and the Starcraft icon.

---------- Post added 2010-10-22 at 06:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Nice a bunch of junk and not worth the price paid for a Blizzcon ticket. JMO.
    And yet Blizzcon is still losing Blizzard a shitload of dollars each year. They could just not organise it and be better off financially. Or not give a goodie bag and people would still pay and attend it. People should be happy they even get anything at all.

Ahhh nice bag, much better than the one last year. Shame I'm not going this year
    Deathling > Noob

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzinjoe View Post
    And yet Blizzcon is still losing Blizzard a shitload of dollars each year. They could just not organise it and be better off financially. Or not give a goodie bag and people would still pay and attend it. People should be happy they even get anything at all.
    And yet they, as a company, still do hold it. You're right - they must be doing it out of the goodness of their hearts and so that their bosses at Activision can sleep better at night with a warm fuzzy feeling. The fact that they get a massive promotional event that thousands of people attend that focusses on only their three products with no conflicting advertising from any other game company (and complete control over the message) - which in turn generates huge amounts of industry and press attention on those products and millions of dollors worth of free advertising is besides the point. Also besides the point is that even the actual costs of holding it get offset (at least in part, I have no idea if what you say about ticket prices not offsetting the cost of holding the event is true) by the fact that the core target market of that advertising will *actually pay* to be advertised to....like I said, all those things are beside the point. After all, they're doing it for the fuzzy feelings. And the kids. And puppies.

Don't get me wrong I think Blizcon is a fantastic idea, it's great for fans to have an event like this - but let's not kid ourselves that it isn't great for Blizzard, too.

IMO there should be snacks in the goodie bag. If I got one and opened that shit up only to find a bag a Cheetos staring at me... holy shit, that would be good day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Literaltruth View Post
    And yet they, as a company, still do hold it. You're right - they must be doing it out of the goodness of their hearts and so that their bosses at Activision can sleep better at night with a warm fuzzy feeling. The fact that they get a massive promotional event that thousands of people attend that focusses on only their three products with no conflicting advertising from any other game company (and complete control over the message) - which in turn generates huge amounts of industry and press attention on those products and millions of dollors worth of free advertising is besides the point. Also besides the point is that even the actual costs of holding it get offset (at least in part, I have no idea if what you say about ticket prices not offsetting the cost of holding the event is true) by the fact that the core target market of that advertising will *actually pay* to be advertised to....like I said, all those things are beside the point. After all, they're doing it for the fuzzy feelings. And the kids. And puppies.

Don't get me wrong I think Blizcon is a fantastic idea, it's great for fans to have an event like this - but let's not kid ourselves that it isn't great for Blizzard, too.
    This^^
    While Blizzard might lose alot of cash on Blizzcon and not earn it back with the tickets themself, the PR generated from such an event holds alot more value to the company than anything else, now with the live stream they're also able to sell even more tickets and get more cash to minimize their losses and gain even more PR/dollar spent.

Kill your lame pictures preview.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    Free copy of SC2 is a nice touch. Large majority of people going will have it, so you pass it on to a friend and get more people hooked.

Like heroin.

Extremely fun heroin.
    It´s a trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Literaltruth View Post
    Eh, they'll just release two non-combat pets and another mount in their online store and make back every penny that the event ended up costing them. These guys print their own money. Plus, if you've ever been to a Blizzcon you know that the store there is *packed* from the second Blizzcon opens to the last minute of the convention. They sell TONS of merchandise during this event... so while ticket sales may not cover the cost of the event the rest of the stuff (including the money I'm sure they get from their partners at the event like Nvidia, Intel, Figure Prints, Jinx T-shirts, DirecTV, etc. etc.) surely does. It's a good time for sure. I've just gone the DirecTV route this time, but I've been to two of them and it's well worth the price of admission.

I wish i was there....Btw can we get someone streaming like last year? i gief cookies :P.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Just make sure you hold it right, you know, to hide the "Trial Edition" at the top.
    Pity it was not available few months ago. Would save 60€. Game is boring and deleted it after 1 week - free money for Blizzard.
    91 lvl Elit Alcoholic Ирез

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzinjoe View Post

And its all a major tax write off.

Plus think how much merchandise they sell there... 30 bucks approx for a T-shirt that cost them like 1.50 to have made (bulk prices).

I'm disappointed that Boub didn't report on it when the Deathling was leaked, about 1,5 week ago.
    Don't conform to The Man Boub!

WTB wallpaper of the 4th pic. The one with Kerrigan over deathwing and diablo.

I want Deathling.