Addon sound issue

Hello,
    as far as we all know, the addons are now associated with the sound bar, which means we have to hear all the "HAYA, YEEHA, WOOSH, SWISH, AH AAAAAAAAH, HOPE WANES, AAAAAAH, DISH, BOOM, UH" in all our marching through ICC like we are doing since last year and killing that pink drake for hundreth time.

There is some addon which enables sound and shit when addons produce noises but I hate it. here is a link, you might wanna try it tho:
    AddonSound @ curse.com

Well, I HEARD that Blizzard wants to fix it. in a future patch. well fuck you I am tired of this shit.
    is there a way to delete all the sound files associated with previous mentioned HAYA and YEEHAs? all the weapon sound, yelling sound and shit till this thing is sorted and then repair all the way to glory? I am forced to put WoW volume up, hence put vent volume up as well, therefore my ears are fucked hence is my brain farting and I am having nightmares of gnome's death sound.

please enlighten me. PLEASE.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2010-10-22 at 07:10 AM.
    Jamshield - Silvermoon EU

having the same problem

You can override the sound files with blank wave files. The "hard" part is finding the filenames.

Find out the path and filename within the MPQ, and recreate it in your \World of Warcraft\Data\ directory. For example, create an blank file at C:\World of Warcraft\Data\Spells\AbolishMagic.wav

I did this to get rid of the "woosh" sound when spamming a button.

-- edit: actually, I think I misunderstood what you were asking but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by matty View Post
    You can override the sound files with blank wave files. The "hard" part is finding the filenames.

Find out the path and filename within the MPQ, and recreate it in your \World of Warcraft\Data\ directory. For example, create an blank file at C:\World of Warcraft\Data\Spells\AbolishMagic.wav

I did this to get rid of the "woosh" sound when spamming a button.

-- edit: actually, I think I misunderstood what you were asking but oh well.
    This is EXACTLY what I wanted. I got rid of that Woosh as well, but problem is that I have to do this thing with over 9000 different sounds. aint there a way to mass-delete shit?
    Jamshield - Silvermoon EU

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nope, because you can't DELETE anything. All that trick does is make it load a sound file with no sound in it.

You MIGHT be able to use a mass-renamer program - just make a bunch of copies of your "empty" sound file (one for each sound you wanna silence), and then feed a mass-renaming program a list of the names of all those copies, and all the names you need. It'll do all the work of renaming.