10+ Year Old Account

Projected Textures?

Im hoping someone has an answer for this little issue since it's quickly becoming a pain!

Since the new patch was released i've been unable to physicly see patches on the ground such as D&D, Cumbustion / Deconsumbtion at Halions den etc etc, the only things that are working properly is Efflorescense, holy barrier n' the other new priest effect.
    I've tried with recommended settings, i've fiddled around with various "solutions" such as enabling Tripple buffering, it fixed it for 1 attempt at RS, a corpserun / ress n' the problem was back.
    While its been possible to avoid it normaly, all it takes is 1 attempt under a raid where people might need to adjust n' you forget where the patch was dropped causing disaster.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Ps : Its not the graphic card, just updated to Radeon HD 8350 the day before the patch, tried the manufactors driver, upgraded driver from Ati's site, running Win7 - Dx11 bla bla bla.

Do you have the new option to enhance your own spell effects on? If so, turn it off.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I'm having similar issues. I run the video settings at ultra and it still doesn't show the projected textures which is a little irritating. Any help on this info would be sublime.

Projected Textures is what allows you to see things such as D&D and Consecrate. If you turn that on and you're still having problems, then I'm sorry. I don't know of anything else. Best of luck to you.

yep everyone i have raided with since patch has had this problem - lack of cosmic smash on algalon - no dnd on lady deathwhisper - even sindragosas frost bombs are ridiculously hard to see. and even with player spells like death knights death and decay - my own efflorescence etc. cant see them.

wierd thing is i know its not my settings because occasionally - very very occasionally i see one appear perfectly;S

AS said above it's fixed by turning off Enhance your own spell effects.

15+ Year Old Account
    1. go to game menu
    2. interface
    3. hit tab display
    4. deselect empathize my spells
    5. it works!
    Last edited by apepi; 2010-10-22 at 01:52 AM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Do you have the new option to enhance your own spell effects on? If so, turn it off.
    This certainly did the trick for me, many thx to you Abandon

1.Exit game
    2.Enter your WoW folder, delete the cache folder
    3.Enter your interface folder--->addons and delete every file that starts with Blizzard (these will be recreated)
    4.Enter the game, make sure you have Projected Textures enabled, and set your particle density to high
    5.Press esc, enter the interface menu--->display. Once there, uncheck Emphasize My Spell effect.
    6.Log out, and then back in.

This worked for me and all my guildmates when we were in RS, and Halion can be quite hard without seeing the textures on the ground-.-.
    There is certainly easier ways to do this as the others above me already mentioned, but this worked for me like a charm. GL

Wow thanks. I spent most of H. Deathwhisper trying unsuccessfully to get out of DnD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mörrlin View Post
    1.Exit game
    2.Enter your WoW folder, delete the cache folder
    3.Enter your interface folder--->addons and delete every file that starts with Blizzard (these will be recreated)
    4.Enter the game, make sure you have Projected Textures enabled, and set your particle density to high
    5.Press esc, enter the interface menu--->display. Once there, uncheck Emphasize My Spell effect.
    6.Log out, and then back in.

This worked for me and all my guildmates when we were in RS, and Halion can be quite hard without seeing the textures on the ground-.-.
    There is certainly easier ways to do this as the others above me already mentioned, but this worked for me like a charm. GL
    worked, deleting the folders in the addon folder was the part that fixed it for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    fantastic - is all i have to say

i personally didnt have to delete the folders etc, just unticking the box for my own spells in game was enough thanks.

cant wait till next raid. lol
    Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Just wait for Tirion Fordring to come back from ICC singing "I got 99 problems but a Lich ain't one".
    Armoury

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    So there was my problem...
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.