Thread: Heroic LK Tips?

Heroic LK Tips?

I'm being brought in for my guild's first attempt at (and hopeful kill of) Heroic LK10 and I'd be lying to say I wasn't a little nervous. Yes, I know, nervous over a video game, I should probably get out more. Anyways, I was wondering if I could get some general tips from the more experienced hunters who have already done the fight? Any responses would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by TheFuse; 2010-10-22 at 03:16 AM.

Ten man, edited the OP.

Don't expect to be top dps by any means, tranq shambler enrages quickly, kill frost spheres, use frost traps when valks are about to spawn, and DON'T SPREAD F***ING DEFILE!

Well, first off Heroic LK has been made much harder imo with the 4.0.1 changes due to hard hits on tank.

Dont stand in defile, pre-pot for dps boost/healing boost. Also, i like to have some speed pots incase of that nasty 2nd valk/defile toughie.

Best of luck (Defile and not stacking for valks are the two key wipers)

Also, dont feel bad about being nervous, when i first did heroic lk25, i think i had an unhealthy heart rate and was practically praying to not have a bad defile that was my fault.

Yea pre-4.0.1 I didn't have to Tranq the adds when only one was enraged. Now it's a necessity. So be on the ball with Tranqing and if you're BM have a Fervor ready for a double Tranq if need be.

Be very careful of 2nd/3rd defile/val'kyr. Never know which is gonna come first.

Enjoy Phase 3 if you get there. The down phases are where we're awesome. Multi-Shot and kill like 10 ghosts at once. You most likely won't be killing val'kyr or the spirits in P3 (outside down phase) so that shouldn't be a big deal.

Best of luck!

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Truesight View Post
    Yea pre-4.0.1 I didn't have to Tranq the adds when only one was enraged. Now it's a necessity. So be on the ball with Tranqing and if you're BM have a Fervor ready for a double Tranq if need be.

Be very careful of 2nd/3rd defile/val'kyr. Never know which is gonna come first.

Enjoy Phase 3 if you get there. The down phases are where we're awesome. Multi-Shot and kill like 10 ghosts at once. You most likely won't be killing val'kyr or the spirits in P3 (outside down phase) so that shouldn't be a big deal.

Best of luck!

That's probably why you haven't killed Heroic LK, because Tranqing has always been a necessity.
    I'll not spend my days glancing over my shoulder for assassins. Let them look back for me. --Elbryan, the Nightbird.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Thundercougr/

It's hard to ask for tips when it's your group's first attempt on heroic LK. Best tip I can give you is bring a lot of patience and watch a lot of strat videos.

As for generic tips: there should be 3 defiles in P2. The 2nd one is the scary one because the valks and the Defile go off within 2 seconds of each other so you want to group up, but not have everyone stand in the defile. Keep your eyes on your timers while looking for a route to take in case you get it. IMO it's the most difficult part in the H LK encounter.

FFS turn and run, don't back up.

Thank you for all the tips, it's greatly appreciated. I currently run Marksman but would I be better off going Beast Mastery or Survival?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFuse View Post
    Thank you for all the tips, it's greatly appreciated. I currently run Marksman but would I be better off going Beast Mastery or Survival?
    I would personally go BM if you're on the ball with getting pets on valks. However, your guild might require you MM for silences, no?
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

with the tranq change it might be a bit annoying now to dispell the enrages, if you have a balance druid in the group it is better to let him do it because their dispell is free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mikena View Post
    with the tranq change it might be a bit annoying now to dispell the enrages, if you have a balance druid in the group it is better to let him do it because their dispell is free.
    This, we changed to a Druid for dispelling in our LK 25Hc

10+ Year Old Account
    What people said about balance druids tranqing now is true, the 45? focus it costs for hunters is a bit ridiculous.

The biggest thing to worry about in Heroic LK (especially 10) is Defile. Most the time the DBM warnings are a few seconds slower then just looking what Lich King is targeting. In our kills you can really see the difference between the players that look to see who he targets and the players that wait for a DBM warning.

Generally the people that look drop defile way out of the group flawlessly and the people that wait almost wipe us.

H LK with 30% buff is by far a lot more reliant on people playing good then meeting his enrage timer, so if you have to pick between burning to the best of your ability or paying attention to your job in the raid, pay the (#%( attention.