I feel useless in PvP [Ret]

I quit WoW back in November after the vind and I've recently reacquired an interest in it. I was 2400 rated for most of wotlk running ret/fmage/priest, so I'm at least appreciably knowledgeable concerning paladin mechanics, at least pre-patch. I dove straight into a BG yesterday to acquaint myself with the new everything, and I have to admit, it's pretty nifty. However, I noticed that everything I do is based off of RNG procs and I have very limited control closing gaps against anything with either a magical snare or purge spell. It's like I'm playing my warrior, but with less damage and no way to counter casters (save Rebuke, which is fucking awesome, if I'm in range). Am I doing something wrong? I'm in Full Relentless with like two Wrathful offpieces.

Also, what's the deal with Hand of Freedom?

you probably aren't doing anything wrong. The changes to cleanse and lack of dispel protection on Freedom kind of limit mobility pretty significantly.

My best suggestion would be to bring a pocket healer who can dispel/heal you. If you get that, you'll start trucking people. Otherwise, just gotta sit patient and wait for blizzard to get around to fixing that aspect of ret pvp

Hand of Freedom has no dispel protection sooooooo... yeeeeeaaaahhhh

So... no more stun break? No magic dispel? Just... the same as it was pre patch basically? I mean, I guess it's cool that there's a pseudo rotation now, even though it consists of spamming CS and Judge while waiting for Exo procs, then either using TV or WoG... but it just feels like it's still too damage oriented with really no way to utilize it. And still extremely limited offensive utility.

give to our Hand Of Freedom a passive ability of Divine Purpose!
    PS I write this in all topics =)