Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulPoetry View Post
    afaik, mages can't heal themselves? might be wrong but i can't think of anything off the top of my head.
    Mages can regenerate 60% of their health by casting Evocation, while Glyph of Evocation is enabled.

---------- Post added 2010-10-25 at 08:23 AM ----------

This is why we are getting Camouflage. We will under Camouflage be "immune" to ranged spells and abilites until hit by melee. Getting away from a melee is not a problem. I think this will fix a lot. However, at this time if i get a Warlock on me i'm most likely going to die.
    THESE NEW RAIDS HAVE TO EZ EASY MODES, AND TOO HARD HARD MODES. WHILE WE STILL GET THE HARDMODES DOWN, WAIT 1 MONTH FOR BLIZZARD TO NERF THEM SO THAT EVERY1 NOT ONLY GETS TO EXPERIANCE EASY MODES BUT ALSO GETS TO EXPERIANCE HARD MODES TOO....

First of all why am I seeing everyone bringing up "hunters being able to abuse max range of 40 yds"?

News flash, 4.0.1 gave almost all class abilities a 40 yard range....Making hunters unable to abuse that anymore, and they actually nerfed silencing shots range to a 35 yard range making it possible for casters to abuse this against hunters....

Just a small note, Chimera shots 5% heal for 44 focus, and on a 10 second CD is NOTHING....a 1.5k heal is literally the amount of damage I take from 1 DoT tick... Now maybe when it healed 15% it would be substantial, but for now 5% is hardly worth mentioning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavendo View Post
    Remember that all specs will have access to 2/2 Spirit Bond once you're at lvl 82.

In Cataclysm, our health pools will be significantly larger than they are now. I've seen videos where hunters are at 80k health in questing gear. At that point, +2% from Spirit Bond or +5% from Chimera Shot won't seem so silly.
    except incoming damage is scaled also, it will still be silly.

just saying, people think 80k hp with current damage,
    monster damage / health scales up a ton also, even non-elites.

all 80k is, is a bigger number.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Mages also have a fire ability that heals them ithink

Quote Originally Posted by Deos View Post
    Melee takes a shitton more damage and always requires more healing. Hunters are ranged, and also got a 30sec aggro dump, in case you pull aggro. if melee pulls aggro the mob just instantly turns around and hits them, even if they do have aggro dump and wont get oneshotted (only one melee among them all has it though).
    first of all this is complete BS. it may have been relevant in vanilla wow but it certain isn't now. everyone in the raid takes damage at certain times if melee is taking more its because you're awful. secondly if melee pulls aggro your tank is fail.

---------- Post added 2010-10-25 at 11:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Psilo View Post
    Mages don't Evocate for health; they gain back mana to kill shit - not to heal themselves. The best defense for a Mage, aside from a healer, is CC and offensive damage. The health gain from Evocation is just a bonus and is most useful in questing.

The only situation in which I can see a Mage using Evocate for health is 1v1 against melee classes that are frozen. That's really limited in scope.

I'm not suggesting that Hunters don't deserve a self-heal, but suggesting that they deserve one because everybody else has it is not a constructive argument. Also, take it to the official forums if you want something to change. This thread seems to serve the purpose of whining and little else.
    apparently you've never actually PvPd. This past weekend during the blizzcon arena matches IIRC it was the semi finals when both healers died almost at the same time and a clutch evocate, for health, won the match.

i would kill for something like evocate even with all its drawbacks.