Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Angry Tanking with noobs

    I started a Death Knight yesterday. Specced blood and went some dungeons.
    I have no tanking problems at all.
    But today I was in 2 runs...

    In the first, we were 4 Death Knights in total + 1 Priest healer.
    I did my job, and we didn't wipe or anything.
    But the other 3 Death Knights, seemed to think that Death Grip was the most powerful ability in their entire spellbook.
    I told them not to use it, but they just said I was a retard, that didn't know how to play my class. After that, I just pulled ~6 groups a time, so we could finish fast.


    The next dungeon I was in, there was a Druid healer, 2 Hunters, and me + another Death Knight.
    Again, the Death Knight though Death Grip = Win. This wasn't the most annoying thing though. What really bothered me, was the 2 Hunters.
    They pulled everything that was in range of their bows.
    Then I told them that they could tank if they wanted to. Then they got really pissed and started insulting me and blah blah. Then I said that they could pull all they wanted, as long as they used misdirect on me. I doubt they even knew what misdirect was, as they changed subject after I said that. Then one of them left, which was nice. Too bad he wasn't the big puller of those 2. The best part was when the Hunter told the healer not to heal me. There I just completely lost respect for the healer. The same shit kept going on all the way to the end, and we finally killed the last boss, where I left instantly after.

    Why are people this stupid? And why can't they see their own mistakes? If they get hit by a mob, it's the tanks fault. If they die, it's the tank and healer's fault.
    The hunter even told me "Hunters should not tank". I was amazed at how stupid he even was. He told me that he should not tank, but he seemed to think that when he pulled, the mobs would automaticly run to me? What to do with such people?

  2. #2
    The reason there are so few tanks isn't because tanking is hard, it's because everyone else is a fucking idiot. True story.

    And no, if a healer dies, it's the tank's fault. If a tank dies, it's the healer's fault. If a dps dies, fuck 'em. As a great man once said, "DPS = broccoli."
    Just use the vote kick deal if somebody is annoying, everyone always clicks yes anyhow.

  3. #3
    The Patient Glarb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Holland, EU
    Posts
    242
    Misdirection:
    Rank Level Cost
    1 70 19g
    You started a DK yesterday and are already rolling with lvl 70 Hunters?

    OT:
    Yeah, dps can be clueless most of the time. I haven't played a single instance since 4.0 where none of the dps started attacking at the same time as I did my charge.

  4. #4
    Ye. Holiday atm + full heirloom.

  5. #5
    Epic! Calon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Imperium of Man
    Posts
    1,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummbles View Post
    The reason there are so few tanks isn't because tanking is hard, it's because everyone else is a fucking idiot. True story.
    If a DPSer is using their snap-agro abilities such as taunt/death grip you have one card up your sleeve.
    "/w [healer] Please stop healing [XYZ], it'll teach him to stop taunting"
    Then just let them die, and move on without ressing them.

    Lessons not learned in blood are quick forgotten!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummbles View Post
    The reason there are so few tanks isn't because tanking is hard, it's because everyone else is a fucking idiot. True story.

    And no, if a healer dies, it's the tank's fault. If a tank dies, it's the healer's fault. If a dps dies, fuck 'em. As a great man once said, "DPS = broccoli."
    Just use the vote kick deal if somebody is annoying, everyone always clicks yes anyhow.
    This.

    If people are pulling without you, just run away from them until they die. That or if the entire group is retarded, like in your second story, pull so many it's a guarenteed wipe then spam sit so that its 100% chance to be crit
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleguy
    Hi, my druid is currently lvl 75 and i'm going for resto at lvl 80, so my question is, what is the most used resto healing rotation?.

  7. #7
    The Patient Glarb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Holland, EU
    Posts
    242
    Quote Originally Posted by SheEpYW0lf View Post
    Ye. Holiday atm + full heirloom.
    Okay, I stand corrected. Well done.

  8. #8
    i hate tanking with noobs and HATE healing with noobs i once had a tank who was whereing intel and spirit cloth and specced arms using a dagger and a fish in his other hand and thought running and grabbing 15 mobs and doning nothing to keep aggro was tanking im such a epic healer we didnt wipe..... till i got pissed wiped them and left lol

    I couldnt kick cause he didnt stop pulling and we had good dps
    Last edited by zaraki; 2010-10-22 at 10:16 AM.

  9. #9
    I'm afraid of what might come tho, after reading stories like these.

    My idea would be: they will learn eventually, or they won't, in which case they'll grow bored of WoW soon enough and rainbows will appear.

    But the thing I'm afraid of is: These are paying customers and Blizzard wants to keep those, so they might tune difficulty levels so retards can still enjoy the game (at our expense).

    Blizzard is making the decisions in favor of the retards instead of listening to the people with half a brain.

  10. #10
    My girlfriend is my healer when I tank, so I'm always in control of their life support But thats the wotlk generation. Lets hope they get a clue in cataclysm.

  11. #11
    Brewmaster Xuany's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    Posts
    1,486
    The DK's I run across are REALLY geared, Terribly geared, or decent geared and only Death Grip when the mob isn't in AoE radius. As for people in general I notice most of them are terrible DPS, I finished an HoR run with 5k DPS 50% of the damage done.. (prot warrior) that was painfully slow. I've also ran into people who just pull regardless if a healer or tank is behind them, those are funny because I just stand there. I also run with a healer buddy who can be much more of an asshole than me so he takes care of the baddies.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummbles View Post
    The reason there are so few tanks isn't because tanking is hard, it's because everyone else is a fucking idiot. True story.

    And no, if a healer dies, it's the tank's fault. If a tank dies, it's the healer's fault. If a dps dies, fuck 'em. As a great man once said, "DPS = broccoli."
    Just use the vote kick deal if somebody is annoying, everyone always clicks yes anyhow.
    This completely sums up my mentality gong into Cataclysm. I tanked all through BC and Wrath and noticed the slip in IQ of the average dps. I'm really hoping that Cata brings back the old group mentalities we all had back in the earlier days of the game.

  13. #13
    Scarab Lord Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,807
    itt: stupid people also play world of warcraft

    why do you think everyone smokes pot or gets wasted before they run chain heroics D:
    You get a thumbs up, pat on the back and a "way to go" from your label every day, looking boy
    Hey, looking boy, what you say looking boy? I get a "hell yeah" from Dre, looking boy
    I work for everything I have, never asked nobody for shit. Get outta my face, looking boy


  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    itt: stupid people also play world of warcraft

    why do you think everyone smokes pot or gets wasted before they run chain heroics D:
    because it makes everything...just great

  15. #15
    Just operate a "You pull it, you tank it" policy. I protect the healer at all times, but if a DPS pulls a mob before me, or overaggroes, i let them keep it.

    But yes it is annoying (especially as a DK tank myself) to see DKs using Death Grips so unnecessarily. This is a particular annoyance when Im running instances on my priest and see DK tanks pulling mobs with Death Grip.

  16. #16
    Mechagnome Minifig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Legoland.
    Posts
    534
    Quote Originally Posted by SheEpYW0lf View Post
    Ye. Holiday atm + full heirloom.
    Damn, nice job man. I thought I leveled quick.. my record without heirloom items is 45 in four days.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Minifig View Post
    Damn, nice job man. I thought I leveled quick.. my record without heirloom items is 45 in four days.
    Outlands is a breeze.

  18. #18
    Ok, I'm going to make a statement that is going to seem very outlandish.

    A lot of people in lower level dungeons are fucking morons.

    The real game starts at maximum level as the said morons are forced to learn how to play or quit WoW as no one guild/raid leader will put up with their bullshit. This will be moot in Cataclysm as the said morons will be able to get pvp gear for doing nothing so the odds of seeing mouthbreathers in bgs sporting the latest season's pvp gear are great indeed.

  19. #19
    They should make death grip like victory rush problem 80% solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummbles View Post
    The reason there are so few tanks isn't because tanking is hard, it's because everyone else is a fucking idiot. True story.

  20. #20
    Got a dk tank the other day he was dw aswell and was blaming me for getting aggro off him :| but ot when I tank aswell its the same old story dps pulls before me gets 100% aggro then they are like "omg noob tank". Hoping that ppl will start to use there brain abit more in Cata.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •