Thread: PvP as MM or SV

Deleted

PvP as MM or SV

Hi guys, basically i really want to get into pvp for cata but alas i cant find a decent pvp spec. Im not interested in BM as i like the idea of MM and SV, where the hunter does the damage. If any of you PvP hunters out there could advise on this matter, it would be great.

I have tried MM but it seems very slow, i stand there trying to get an aimed shot off in bgs and the targets dead before i can lol. When it does hit, it seems to do little damge and i follow up with a SrS-AS and find myself focus drained with little damge done. I find a similar problem with the SV tree.

Oh if MM and SV arnt viable atm just say btw lol, then i will just wait it out or something. thx

My hunter's the one 80 I haven't really been wanting to play and my usual source for a heads up doesn't seem too pleased with it either. Right now, I'm just using a bs BM spec for everything (both my specs were PvP: SV and MM respectively, prior to the patch).

http://femaledwarf.prettypls.com/pvp...r-pvp-spec-4-0

Personally, I'll come back to mine a little while after Cata launches.

BM > SV > Marks right now. Without Fox it's pretty rough.

I have to disagree. marks is by far the better pvp spec. I currently do top kb and top 3 damage in nearly every bg I enter (on bloodlust, bg9) you just have to understand your new class mechanics and take the shots that are broken out of your rotation... (aimed shot, chimera shot) currently they cost way too much focus per damage, and aimed shot's cast time is ridiculous for its damage..

I love 4.0 because it puts a bigger gap between good hunters and bad ones... bad ones are the ones you see here complaining that they cant figure out how to make their class work, because they are unwilling to try anything outside the cookie cutter rotation they used all through wrath... there is very little wrong with the class at the moment, just a lot of bad players who are unwilling to learn or try anything new... they expect someone to hold their hand like wotlk did

---------- Post added 2010-10-22 at 10:12 AM ----------

not to mention marks is far ahead in pve as well

10+ Year Old Account
    my hunter is SV for pvp.... and luving the hell out of pvp again.... but that's also taking into account not using the pathetic spider for a pet....scorpid ftw!
    The sims lies, don't trust them....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malakath View Post
    my hunter is SV for pvp.... and luving the hell out of pvp again.... but that's also taking into account not using the pathetic spider for a pet....scorpid ftw!
    I like using a Silithid in PVP, it has the ranged snare and Fortitude.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

I would say MM for PvP, since they have Concussive Barrage, Posthaste, Silencing Shot, and Rapid Recuperation giving u 50 free focus everytime u get an HK (in conjunction with Rapid Killing of course, just put a point in there).
    Ive never tried PvPing with a disarm pet, i'll have to try out scorpids.

Quote Originally Posted by zaronn View Post
    I have to disagree. marks is by far the better pvp spec. I currently do top kb and top 3 damage in nearly every bg I enter (on bloodlust, bg9) you just have to understand your new class mechanics and take the shots that are broken out of your rotation... (aimed shot, chimera shot) currently they cost way too much focus per damage, and aimed shot's cast time is ridiculous for its damage..

I love 4.0 because it puts a bigger gap between good hunters and bad ones... bad ones are the ones you see here complaining that they cant figure out how to make their class work, because they are unwilling to try anything outside the cookie cutter rotation they used all through wrath... there is very little wrong with the class at the moment, just a lot of bad players who are unwilling to learn or try anything new... they expect someone to hold their hand like wotlk did
    Good call dropping Chimera completely. It's sad, but I guess that what it comes down to until Blizzard realizes how pathetic it is.

Question for you though, since you seem to believe things are fine in PvP, how are you doing in 1v1 situations versus similar geared, similar skilled players? I don't even bother engaging Shadow Priests, Mages, or Warlocks in 1v1 in a BG, for example, unless I see they have 28k HP or less (meaning they have no PvP gear). I probably don't need to mention healers, but I think that's pretty similar for all DPS classes these days.

That'll just tell you if they have low quality PVE gear though. My Lock sits at 31k health unbuffed in PVE gear. I can kill most Hunters in a couple casts though, so it might be good to avoid anyway. Conflag is back to hitting for 20k+ on targets with high resil. Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by harky View Post
    That'll just tell you if they have low quality PVE gear though. My Lock sits at 31k health unbuffed in PVE gear. I can kill most Hunters in a couple casts though, so it might be good to avoid anyway. Conflag is back to hitting for 20k+ on targets with high resil. Heh.
    HP is still a decent barometer for gear level and type. It's not always perfect, but it can give you an idea.

BM is by far the best PvP spec right now. Extreme focus efficiency, 10k KC crits, spirit beasts heals/devilsaur MS/corehound lust/silithid root and fort, and crouching tiger hidden chimera allow for great mobility with high damage output.

Quote Originally Posted by bamfrosty View Post
    BM is by far the best PvP spec right now. Extreme focus efficiency, 10k KC crits, spirit beasts heals/devilsaur MS/corehound lust/silithid root and fort, and crouching tiger hidden chimera allow for great mobility with high damage output.
    I'll have to agree here BM is probably the best for pvp with all the pet abilities with spirit beast and corehound makes it hella fun. But MM isnt bad either just ur pet dies alot and i like my pets buff and for him to do damage.

Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post
    Good call dropping Chimera completely. It's sad, but I guess that what it comes down to until Blizzard realizes how pathetic it is.

Question for you though, since you seem to believe things are fine in PvP, how are you doing in 1v1 situations versus similar geared, similar skilled players? I don't even bother engaging Shadow Priests, Mages, or Warlocks in 1v1 in a BG, for example, unless I see they have 28k HP or less (meaning they have no PvP gear). I probably don't need to mention healers, but I think that's pretty similar for all DPS classes these days.
    Shadow priests are still a problem 1v1, they are extremely OP, espically against classes like hunters with no real self healing (espically marks) so if it is a good shadow priest, mount/boots toward a healer or another person.. locks on the other hand just need to have their first cast silenced,and be blown up asap. their lack of real defensive cds makes them a relatively fast kill. but you need to have a health stone/pot and food ready for as soon as they die, or dots are going to finish you off. mages are still easy to kill, they take a lot of damage from us.. just make sure that when you think they are dead and cauterize procs, deterrence if you are low. and the dot it puts on the mage will finish him off about 1 second after deterrence ends
    Last edited by zaronn; 2010-10-26 at 01:59 PM.

ill have to agree there as well BMs burst is quite OP atm.you can seriously kill someone easily in the 3 second intimidation stun lol.and the spirit beast heal is amazing, being able to auto heal at 50% is unbelievable. BM pvp FTW

Deleted
    PvE Gear = MM
    PvP Gear = BM/SV