Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question blizzcon virtual ticket.... Viewing client?

Does anyone know where to download the clients to watch the blizzcon stream??

Ive payed and all, but i can only get that demo player..

thx

you just have too log in and wait for the even too start ^^

http://blizzcon.rayv.com/Pages/en/FAQ.aspx

Do I need to download anything to view the live stream?

You can either download a video viewer from the RayV site or watch the Internet stream in your browser using RayV's Flash player. Supported browsers currently include: Microsoft® Internet Explorer 6.0 and above, Safari 3 and above, and Firefox 2 and above.

I've looked all over the "rayv" site and i cant find any downloads.

Deleted
    If you can't find any downloads but are able to watch the demo-video, then you already have all you need and you'll just have to wait a few more hours for the main programm to start.

Deleted
    Assuming it's like last year, the demo becomes the actual feed once you log in.

Although I was also checking the FAQ to see if this year they would support/provide an external viewer. Hate the need to watch something embedded in a space wasting webpage. Prefer to have a window I can manipulate the location and size of.

Why would you pay $40 for that, there's always people who livestream it on justin.tv ect... and team liquid even hacked the RayV client for free streaming directly from them.

Deleted
    Before I could see the demo I was prompted to download RayV Installer 3.8MB - if you can see it without this you probably already have it installed (it's not an uncommon player for streaming on some sites, and was used last year). You just wait until it actually starts and the feed will go live.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    Why would you pay $40 for that, there's always people who livestream it on justin.tv ect... and team liquid even hacked the RayV client for free streaming directly from them.
    Because with the Free stream I don't get a cute little pet to add to my collection So I get to watch Blizzcon, whichever stage I want to whenever I want Live AND i get the added bonus of the pet!

I can see why some people wouldn't buy it, but I also know why I bought it :P

Well Mercarcher because sometimes in life just because you CAN...doesn't mean you SHOULD.

Its a matter of ethics....doing right versus wrong, etc. Being a role-model for your kids (or if you are a kid right now...for your future kids...do you want to "ok" them doing wrong?)

If that doesn't sway you -- well how about just the assurance of knowing if you paid for it you are guaranteed the footage because if it fails on you -- you have recourse to the company to demand a refund....if you hack it -- who says the feed will A) be there for the entire event , B) you get caught hacking that's against the law , C) if the feed goes down doesn't work you are just SOL....you can't blame anyone....what are you gonna say "Blizz WTF man your stream died while I was STEALING it.....I demand you pay me for my theft!"

Quote Originally Posted by Morte View Post
    Well Mercarcher because sometimes in life just because you CAN...doesn't mean you SHOULD.

Its a matter of ethics....doing right versus wrong, etc. Being a role-model for your kids (or if you are a kid right now...for your future kids...do you want to "ok" them doing wrong?)

If that doesn't sway you -- well how about just the assurance of knowing if you paid for it you are guaranteed the footage because if it fails on you -- you have recourse to the company to demand a refund....if you hack it -- who says the feed will A) be there for the entire event , B) you get caught hacking that's against the law , C) if the feed goes down doesn't work you are just SOL....you can't blame anyone....what are you gonna say "Blizz WTF man your stream died while I was STEALING it.....I demand you pay me for my theft!"
    Or you realize $40 is a ridiculous amount for them to charge for a live stream and your protesting the cost by pirating it. If it were cheaper I'd pay them, but $40 is absurd.

Or you realize $40 is a ridiculous amount for them to charge for a live stream and your protesting the cost by pirating it. If it were cheaper I'd pay them, but $40 is absurd.
    Protesting the cost is not watching it. Pirating it is theft of services. It's people like you that cost other people jobs. If you don't like the cost...don't watch it. Refresh MMOChamp for recaps or gtfo.

I wish you people would just drink bleach and get it over with instead of bitching
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Deleted
    2 Wrongs don't make a right, and by not paying and still watching via other means is stealing, not protest.

Quote Originally Posted by fooliuscaesar13 View Post
    Protesting the cost is not watching it. Pirating it is theft of services. It's people like you that cost other people jobs. If you don't like the cost...don't watch it. Refresh MMOChamp for recaps or gtfo.
    I'm not costing anyone their job, I'd never pay $40 for it, someone "sharing" theirs with me doesn't harm anyone. If I can't find someone streaming and have the option between not seeing it and paying $40, they still won't get my money.

I'm not costing anyone their job, I'd never pay $40 for it, someone "sharing" theirs with me doesn't harm anyone. If I can't find someone streaming and have the option between not seeing it and paying $40, they still won't get my money.
    Don't see what the big deal is. Some people have the spare income and can spend it however they want. Whats that got to do with you?

Just like some people can't afford it, Or some people won't pay it, Some people can and will. Nothing more to it.

But trying to belittle people who have purchased it, is in my opinion not called for.

You obviously don't have a clue about economics or how generating revenue directly affects whether people will be employed in the next business year or quarter. "Sharing" a stream isn't as bad as outright piracy, but you are still possibly affecting someone's future by not paying for something that you are using.
    If you watch the stream using a pirated client, you are stealing services. Using a product without paying for it causes resources to be used without revenue being generated, which in the long term costs people their jobs.
    Like I said before...if you want to protest the cost, then don't watch it. Write a letter to someone. Do something that really protests this instead of doing lipservice on an internet forum you chickensh*t.

Quote Originally Posted by fooliuscaesar13 View Post
    You obviously don't have a clue about economics or how generating revenue directly affects whether people will be employed in the next business year or quarter. "Sharing" a stream isn't as bad as outright piracy, but you are still possibly affecting someone's future by not paying for something that you are using.
    If you watch the stream using a pirated client, you are stealing services. Using a product without paying for it causes resources to be used without revenue being generated, which in the long term costs people their jobs.
    Like I said before...if you want to protest the cost, then don't watch it. Write a letter to someone. Do something that really protests this instead of doing lipservice on an internet forum you chickensh*t.
    I'm probably just gonna watch it on justin.tv or something, there were 30+ streams up on there last year with 100o+ people 'sharing' their stream. I suppose you'd say that I'm an asshole for pirating every game that looks interesting, and then only buying it if its good? (I actually do buy game I pirate if their good), funny thing about this even if I buy it I still usually use the pirated version because DRM now a days makes it easier to pirate than it does to actually play the real version.

This thread is surprisingly entertaining.
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

I pay because I appreciate the fact that a company is putting a lot of effort into providing myself with an experience that I am unable to attend in person. I want to thank them by paying for their service so they can continue to provide it to myself and others because if we didn't they wouldn't offer it and I know that the first people who would complain about not having it are the people who don't even pay to watch it.

Also in reference to your later post... Do you really think it doesn't take a lot of time and equipment for a company to go into a large event like Blizzcon and film it live? If you really think that then I suggest you go take a look at what it costs to purchase the camera and other equipment used for this event.
    ~ Never switching off the boss to kill adds and blinking into defile; the story of Swizzle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinmaul
    Never tell the truth if it's going to make you look bad. You tell them you are an officer in Paragon and that you are fluent in Finnish. Then you can say you are used to long grinds and doing whatever it takes to ensure a big finish.