Custom Spell Timer?

Yep, looking for an add-on that will let me create custom timers for spellcasts. IE:

I cast Holy Word: Sanctuary (holy priest chakra aoe) and have an 18 second timer pop up. Haven't tried to use Forte for it yet, because Forte is being really buggy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    FW is working very much fine for me. Make sure you're getting betas.

Yeah but...how do I make custom spell timers in Forte? It's so damn confusing =/

Even moreso, Holy Word: Sanctuary isn't a buff, so there's really no way of tracking its duration, which is why I need something that will start an 18 second timer as soon as the spellcast is complete.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

If you use Deadly Boss mods it's super easy. Just make this macro.

#showtooltip
    /dbm timer 18 HW: Sanctuary
    /cast Holy Word: Sanctuary

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Yeah but...how do I make custom spell timers in Forte? It's so damn confusing =/

Even moreso, Holy Word: Sanctuary isn't a buff, so there's really no way of tracking its duration, which is why I need something that will start an 18 second timer as soon as the spellcast is complete.
    Holy Word: Sanctuary's cooldown will be hard to track accurately. Last time I checked out the events it fired, on the PTR, it only fired 'SPELL_CAST_START' and 'SPELL_PERIODIC_HEAL'. A unique event is not fired when the actual cooldown begins.
    Last edited by Woogs; 2010-10-23 at 04:25 AM. Reason: spelling

Deleted
    Probably UNIT_SPELLCAST of some sort though.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Probably UNIT_SPELLCAST of some sort though.
    That's true since you're only tracking it for yourself, you could:

1) Listen for a 'UNIT_SPELLCAST_START' event and then get casting info using UnitCastingInfo() to make sure it is the spell you are looking for.
    2) Listen for a 'UNIT_SPELLCAST_SUCCEEDED' event to make sure the cast went through. The cast did not go through if you only get a 'UNIT_SPELLCAST_STOP' event.
    3) Start the timer.

Deleted
    UNIT_SPELLCAST_SUCCEEDED passes the spell being cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    UNIT_SPELLCAST_SUCCEEDED passes the spell being cast.
    Woops, I thought it only passed a unit ID. That makes it a lot easier; pretty much only one step.