Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Processor Question

Which one is better? and why?
    Phenom II X4 965(3.4GHz) or Intel Core i5 760(2.80GHz)

you see i was going to buy http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883227288 today, but it just went out of stock yesterday...

so i started to look at this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883227258
    it says 500gb but apparently it is a 1TB HDD... ( i hear it has more room for expansion but loud fans)

so i guess i have another question... is it worth waiting for the I5 to come back in stock or should i just get the Phenom 2 x4
    Last edited by Norn; 2010-10-22 at 07:58 PM.

Phenom II X4 965(3.4GHz) and Intel Core i5 760(2.80GHz) are roughly same speed for all practical purposes without overclocking. i5 is better with OC.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    well that answers one question...
    i think im just going to wait and get the i5, i kinda like the way it looks more...
    inless some one can point out something better in the phenom one.

Price.

And guesstimating from last five years, you can buy new CPU for AM3 socket when WoW expansion #4 comes out, while LGA1156 is discontinued.

Still, i5 will triumph over those two factors if you're planning on overclocking it now on in near future.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    so, your agreeing with me, to wait for the i5 pc to come in stock.

i don't even know how to oc stuff anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Norn View Post
    i kinda like the way it looks more....
    It is pretty shiny.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    im glad some one agrees with me.

on another note this random dude ask me to refer him on new egg so he gets one percent... i don't trust him.

15+ Year Old Account
    i can refer you to tigerdirect so my gaming community gets more than that =P lol

edit: if you don't know him, dont use his link. i dont see the point in someone you dont know benefiting from you buying something through their referral link, if you do know him, then why not, free money for him and maybe you can convince him to take you to lunch haha
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right