Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Paranormal Activity 2

Anyone else hit up the midnight showing of Paranormal Activity 2? The theater I went to had it sold out on IMAX + 2 regular screens. Then they opened another screen and people were still flooding in when we got our tickets. I hate going when it's that crowded. I thought being that it was a weeknight it wouldn't get that much attention. I sure was wrong about that.

The movie itself was great. I think it was an improvement from the first installment,but also it was quite the compliment to the first film. The pacing is better in this one and the effects are even better than before. This movie had the theater roaring at the tense scenes. Some guys behind us were screaming louder than their dates which was pretty funny. I do not scare easily, but I can honestly say this movie is creepy and gives you a sense of uneasiness. Especially because some of the content reminded me of my own personal experiences from when my family lived in a farm house that had very strange goings on in it.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's on IMAX? Meh, I'll rent it, again. Much more scarier that way imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    It's on IMAX? Meh, I'll rent it, again. Much more scarier that way imo.
    It is on IMAX. At least here it is. I was surprised by that.

I thought it was decent. Many of the jump scenes you could see coming, as in any horror movie, but they still made you jump a little and then that one scene, you know the one, glad I wasn't eating anything or I'd have choked on it.

Definitely better than the first. My favorite was part was when this big black dude who was sitting in front of us who screamed like a little girl during one of the jump scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralook View Post
    Definitely better than the first. My favorite was part was when this big black dude who was sitting in front of us who screamed like a little girl during one of the jump scenes.
    Did he sound like Sherman (Johan Hill) when he screamed in Accepted? That'd have been awesome.

Really the only thing I liked about the first one was the boobs on the main actress, and I have the same sentiments about the second one. Nothing special, sadly. WTB horror films like Damien and The Exorcist back.

Deleted
    The first one was scarier in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Really the only thing I liked about the first one was the boobs on the main actress, and I have the same sentiments about the second one. Nothing special, sadly. WTB horror films like Damien and The Exorcist back.
    Grow up...
    I registered on MMO-Champion and all I got was this lousy signature.

I'm a cynic. Deal with it!

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm torn. I liked the second movie but it didn't have the same effect as the first because I knew what to expect. The first one was original and made an impact but if they keep making sequels it will cheapen what made it good in the first place.

Deleted
    Just as crappy as the first movie. I hate this new 1$ budget fashion... it really sucks life out of you when you see such a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekhetyo View Post
    Grow up...
    Terribly sorry you feel that way, but it really wasn't amazing for me. Her boobs were more captivating than the story and the way it was told, and after seeing PA2 I can't say anything changed. I'm sure it's fun for a lot of people, but they can't even begin to compare to horror classics...especially now that it's falling into the same hole that Saw and The Ring did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Terribly sorry you feel that way, but it really wasn't amazing for me. Her boobs were more captivating than the story and the way it was told, and after seeing PA2 I can't say anything changed. I'm sure it's fun for a lot of people, but they can't even begin to compare to horror classics...especially now that it's falling into the same hole that Saw and The Ring did.
    Or he was probably referring to your idiotic boob comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    Or he was probably referring to your idiotic boob comment.
    So you deny that she had captivating boobs? D=

There was like one small jump moment in the first one, so there really wasn't anything to look at except those tank topped boobies.

Deleted
    Did'nt think much of this one really. def not on the same level as the first one. seemed it only picked up within the last 20mins or so.

Just as crappy as the first movie. I hate this new 1$ budget fashion... it really sucks life out of you when you see such a movie.
    Because 150 million dollar budgeted movies with super special shiny explosions but absolutely horrible acting/storyline would be a much better tradeoff, amirite?

Paranormal Activity(only seen first) was great, especially given the budget it has. Can definitely understand how "Blair Witch" type movies turn people off though.

Quote Originally Posted by Samalas View Post
    Because 150 million dollar budgeted movies with super special shiny explosions but absolutely horrible acting/storyline would be a much better tradeoff, amirite?

Paranormal Activity(only seen first) was great, especially given the budget it has. Can definitely understand how "Blair Witch" type movies turn people off though.
    i never quite understood why people made comparisons to blair witch, especially for PA. Nothing happens in BW until the very end when they're in the house. It's just like brian in family guy summed it up to the blind dude "they're walking in the forest, nothings happening, nothings happening, theyre still walking... its over. People look pissed"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Samalas View Post

Seriously, the fact that it's made with low budget has nothing to do with the quality of the movie. It's shitty with low budget, would've been equally shitty with big budget too probably with those directors and writers. I guess it's some big brother-generation thingy to fantacize about people's bedrooms and crappy plots.

I could just as easily make a toilet paper statue and call it good because it's good for a .... statue made of toilet paper.

Just like if you buy cheap toilet paper and your fingers go right through it as you're wiping your ass... it's not good because it's cheap in comparison. Or Baby diapers that give them diaper rash... they're not good because they're cheap.

And you can't compare it with price /quality argument. It costs you (the customer) the same amount. You don't win anything with that shit.
    Last edited by mmocf0c1a2ac32; 2010-11-05 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Udderchaos View Post
    i never quite understood why people made comparisons to blair witch, especially for PA. Nothing happens in BW until the very end when they're in the house. It's just like brian in family guy summed it up to the blind dude "they're walking in the forest, nothings happening, nothings happening, theyre still walking... its over. People look pissed"
    By Blair Witch I meant the people in the movies are the ones who "made" it. Think REC or Cloverfield also, definitely wasn't comparing them directly.

Seriously, the fact that it's made with low budget has nothing to do with the quality of the movie. It's shitty with low budget, would've been equally shitty with big budget too probably with those directors and writers. I guess it's some big brother-generation thingy to fantacize about people's bedrooms and crappy plots.

I could just as easily make a toilet paper statue and call it good because it's good for a .... statue made of toilet paper.

Just like if you buy cheap toilet paper and your fingers go right through it as you're wiping your ass... it's not good because it's cheap in comparison. Or Baby diapers that give them diaper rash... they're not good because they're cheap.

And you can't compare it with price /quality argument. It costs you (the customer) the same amount. You don't win anything with that shit.
    Again, just because a movie is made cheap doesn't automatically make it bad. I haven't seen the second so I won't comment on it, but the first movie was great. It moved slow, which could turn a lot of people off, but the suspense in the movie was amazing. Just because you thought it was a bad movie with a low budget doesn't mean it is.