Thread: Soulburn bug

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Soulburn bug

Hello,

While leveling my lock (and even at duels at lvl 80) when i use my soulburn spell it seems to bugg every now and then.
    i use soulburn --> soulfire but it sais i cant use the spell. i cant even get a regular soulfire cast off. It shows the fire coming from my hands (as the regular visual.) i also get the soulburn visual + de buff in my buffbar. but it wont let me cast soulfire, drainlife, searing pain. It doesnt happen all the time but it occured way more then im happy with.

anyone else got similar problems? or anyone knows a way to fix?

Tnx

Mars

This is happening to me as well :P as far as I have observed it happens when I try to soulfire before the GCD is over.. otherwise it never happens button spamming ftl

well i guess clickers wont have this problem then. But well i wanna be competitive in arena and i was losing allot of duels cause i couldnt use soulburn + soulfire when spamming the button. (confused me allot at start)
    now i just click off the soulburn buff and let the 40 sec pass.

meh /fix plz blizz

Deleted
    Same here

Already got an open Ticket about it..

I hope Blizzard knows about this, really bothering bug. :>
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by SwiZzZ* View Post
    Hello,

While leveling my lock (and even at duels at lvl 80) when i use my soulburn spell it seems to bugg every now and then.
    i use soulburn --> soulfire but it sais i cant use the spell. i cant even get a regular soulfire cast off. It shows the fire coming from my hands (as the regular visual.) i also get the soulburn visual + de buff in my buffbar. but it wont let me cast soulfire, drainlife, searing pain. It doesnt happen all the time but it occured way more then im happy with.

anyone else got similar problems? or anyone knows a way to fix?

Tnx

Mars
    I have the same exact thing happen to me. It is very random when it happens and I can't seem to duplicate on purpose. It is def something all locks need to make a ticket on. This can be the difference of winning and losing many arena encounters imo.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bah indeed, like almost all the time my soulburn gets bugged and says: " Can't do that yet " really annoying.. I hope this gets fixed as soon as possible..

:)

Just got a answer from a gm.
    They are aware of the problem and gonna try to hotfix it ASAP!

Same here. Superannoying. :<

Good news, SwiZzZ.

It's an out of range/LoS issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by andromalia View Post
    It's an out of range/LoS issue.
    Don't post stuff like this if you're not sure,I don't see how this is an out of range/los issue, i've been behind the boss' ass in heroics and this bug still happened to me..

Quote Originally Posted by Intensity View Post
    Don't post stuff like this if you're not sure,I don't see how this is an out of range/los issue, i've been behind the boss' ass in heroics and this bug still happened to me..
    Not sure what you mean? If i'm not in range or in LoS or turned around or in general can't cast a spell at the boss and I use Soul Burn, I can't use a spell. That's pretty sure to me.

Not sure what you mean? If i'm not in range or in LoS or turned around or in general can't cast a spell at the boss and I use Soul Burn, I can't use a spell. That's pretty sure to me.
    It has nothing to do with LoS or range or moving or any of the crap people have been theorizing. I've experienced this bug over and over at different times with different situations, none of them consistent. Has anybody seen any posts by Blizzard acknowledging the bug exists? This is really pissing me off that it's taking this long to fix, it's been bugged since before Cataclysm came out. Why give us this new shard mechanic if the most common use for it is bugged to all hell?

I managed to make it duplicable, put soulburn up then begin casting a soulburn spell like soul fire but interrupt it before its finished by moving. You will now still have the buff but the game wont let you cast any spell that has a soulburn effect until the soulburn buff has gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    It has nothing to do with LoS or range or moving or any of the crap people have been theorizing.
    Is that why I can duplicate it?

Soulfire bugs out on me whenever I use Soulburn and by Imp pet proc's the instant Soulfire. 2 Buffs for instant Soulfire = no go. I haven't tried clicking off either of the buffs during this, but I'm pretty sure that'll fix it.

Is that why I can duplicate it?
    And yet, I cannot. I would like you to tell me how I could have this bug happen if it was LoS or out of range when I was standing in melee range in Metamorphosis on Festergut.

Quote Originally Posted by Aesiir View Post
    Soulfire bugs out on me whenever I use Soulburn and by Imp pet proc's the instant Soulfire. 2 Buffs for instant Soulfire = no go. I haven't tried clicking off either of the buffs during this, but I'm pretty sure that'll fix it.
    I've been able to Soulfire twice in a row when this happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have had that since soulburn was introduced... incredibly annoying.
    Happens quite alot to be honest.

most annoying bug ever especially since all specs should spec into imp soulfire (for now)

Same here :S
    It's just annoing