Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Ny'alotha - A Old God Speculation

Hello, Dark Side here with another Old god speculation. Naturally with Blizzcons reveal of the expansions Old God, it was only a matter of time till i made a thread involving my thoughts on the subject, plus some filler speculations so this op isnt 2 sentances long. WARNING: THE FOLLOWING IS SPECULATION AND SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN AS TRUTH!!!

At the Lore Panel of Blizzcon, they revealed that the new old god would be one name N'zath, and that he would reside in the Emerald Dream. As far as i can tell, there is a enterance to the emerald dream at the bottom of the Maelstrom via Rift of Aln, and it is speculated that there is a old god in the maelstrom so this fits. In the Yogg-Saron Puzzel Box (that i am just learning about now), it says many interesting things, the one that caught my eye was "Ny'alotha", which is used as a place in most contexts. I am going to geuss that Ny'alotha is the enterance to the emrald dream, or where the old god resides in the emerald dream. That really concludes my thoughts on N'zath (which for those who care, i pronounce Nah-zaw-th), I now present you with filler speculation of limited to no relevence!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lets take a look at the well of eternity:

"Ten thousand years before the orcs and humans clashed in their First War, the world of Azeroth cradled only one massive continent, surrounded by the sea. That landmass, known as Kalimdor, was home to a number of disparate races and creatures, all vying for survival amongst the savage elements of the waking world. At the dark continent's center was a mysterious lake of incandescent energies. The lake, which would later be called the Well of Eternity, was the true heart of the world's magic and natural power. Drawing its energies from the infinite Great Dark Beyond, the Well acted as a mystical fount, sending its potent energies out across the world to nourish life in all its wondrous forms."

According to this, The well was powerfull enough to spread its magic all over the planet, but what about other types of magic? I beleive that the curse of flesh was spread by harnessing this wells power in this way. The old god in the well(which if theres one in the maelstrom, there would ahve been one in the well) could have cast the curse of flesh and it amplified from there all over the world like a raido broadcast and turned all the titans creations to flesh. Why the Pantheon themselves arent flesh, i dont know (bearing in mind, this is all speculation, and not true by any stretch of imagination, i am just typing my mind).

Now to the second WoE:
    As you know, Illidan took 7(ish) vials of Well water and used it to create a new Well of Eternity at the base of Hyjals World Tree. In cataclysm, Ragnaros is trying to destroy the tree, but why? What does Ragnaros have to gain from destroying a tree? Nothing!, therefore I believe that a old god (from somewhere, i dont know) wants to use ragnaros to destroy it because of this:

"if the tree were ever destroyed, this Well would be the source of unfathomable power to an evil creature powerful enough to wield it"

This means that now that the old gods know how to use the well to send a wave of power over the world, they could do it again, only this time much worse, perhaps transforming all the life into shapeless or something this time.

I appologize for the oddly/poorly written and short speculation this time, aswell as another N'zath thread (which im sure is just what we needed) i just needed to get my main point across.

Thoughts?

Edit:
    A Credit to Stayven from Ensidia for helping me brainstorm, You rock dude!
    Last edited by Dark Side; 2010-10-23 at 01:04 AM.

No wonder you haven't been posting much in the N'zath thread.

Edit: And now that I've actually read your post, very interesting, as always. It would actually make sense that an old god is using Ragnaros to destroy the world tree, as given by other lore he was a lieutenant of the old gods, right?

This just raises the question of, just what WOULD it do to the world were he to succeed?
    Last edited by kneeo; 2010-10-23 at 01:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

doesnt wash. deathwing was corrupted by whispers from the old gods. ragnaros serves deathwing. deathwing serves the old gods wether he knows it or not. ergo why would an old god be trying to destroy one of its brethren.

15+ Year Old Account
    If the World Tree burns, the whole world burns.
    Seems like enough of a reason for an Elemental Fire Lord
    Dawwwwwww

Bloodsail Admiral DownButStillOut's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Intresting, Though I would think Ragnoros only assaulted Noldrassil because he hates trees, you have raised another logical meaning of why he would do it!
    BeeeeeeeoooooOOOOoooooooooooooooOOOO-FFFSSSHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM!!!
    My attempt at being less of a pessimist was choosing Dawnbringer as my choice of server.
    I regret somethings! (like setting this in my signature)

I thought Rag abit of a diversion.

With ol Raggy trying to burn the world tree, i personally believe it has to do with the roots of Nordrissal, and how theoreticly they could be burried deep enough to reach the prison of an Old God (similiar to the tree in Northrend). However Nordrissal is special because 1) from a seed from the Mother Tree; 2) Blessed by 3 of the aspects, Life, Nature, and Time; 3) Fed of the energy of the well of eternity. As far as we know the tree could be protecting the well, as the aspects intended it, keeping it from the corruption of the true well of eternity. If Ragnaros destroy our World Tree, the power of the well could be used by dark forces. Also if the World Tree is such a force of good, maybe it is hurting the Old Gods in such a way that they fear it. (This is speculation, and my personal explanation for why the Old Gods send him against Nordrissal.) Of course it could just be the Tree's connection to the Emerald Dream, and with its destruction could be the fall of the final tether the Dream has to our world (taken from the darksore questing when the green dragon mentions the cataclysm breaking the ties with the Dream).

Sorry for the bad spelling
    Last edited by Winterstorm; 2010-10-23 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Mispelled Sorry

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterstorm View Post
    With ol Raggy trying to burn the world tree, i personally believe it has to do with the roots of Nordrissal, and how theoreticly they could be burried deep enough to reach the prison of an Old God (similiar to the tree in Northrend). However Nordrissal is special because 1) from a seed from the Mother Tree; 2) Blessed by 3 of the aspects, Life, Nature, and Time; 3) Fed of the energy of the well of eternity. As far as we know the tree could be protecting the well, as the aspects intended it, keeping it from the corruption of the true well of eternity. If Ragnaros destroy our World Tree, the power of the well could be used by dark forces. Also if the World Tree is such a force of good, maybe it is hurting the Old Gods in such a way that they fear it. (This is speculation, and my personal explanation for why the Old Gods send him against Nordrissal.) Of course it could just be the Tree's connection to the Emerald Dream, and with its destruction could be the fall of the final tether the Dream has to our world (taken from the darksore questing when the green dragon mentions the cataclysm breaking the ties with the Dream).

Sorry for the bad spelling
    It is probable that they are using it to break a old gods prison, there is one in that area. Though i would have to say its a bit silly (not neccisarily wrong, just silly) that old gods are afraid of trees .

The cataclysm did break the emerald dream a bit, thats why all the ancients were able to return to azeroth. Im glad someone else noticed that

10+ Year Old Account
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the tree is the druids way into the emerald dream right? Or at least the key way for the mortal races. If it was destroyed, would the mortal races(and I mean druids in this respect) have a way in?

It just seemed to me that the reason its being attacked is to stop us interfering with something in the dream.
    My Youtube videos. Co op gaming. A work in progress, but check em out, you might get a laugh.

I don't doubt that there is an old god in the area under Hyjal but shouldnt he have done something by now i mean the barrow deep is in there and in the Warcrart 3 and when you go in there the bear are pissed do you think that it could be the doing of an the old god. I like the idea that an Old God used the well of eternity to send out its curse across the world and maybe thats how he got into the emerald dream when the well blew up instead of being tore in half like i first thought but was pushed(or part of him) into the emerald dream so he can work in both worlds....Or i could be just over thinking because thats what a lore nerd does in his spare time i guess..

You said you have the Yogg-Saron puzzle box what does that do that item alone makes want to lvl archeology well that and the scarab mount

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishform View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the tree is the druids way into the emerald dream right? Or at least the key way for the mortal races. If it was destroyed, would the mortal races(and I mean druids in this respect) have a way in?

It just seemed to me that the reason its being attacked is to stop us interfering with something in the dream.
    There are still the four other portals to the dream, but maybe it requires all of them to get in.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalZohnny View Post
    I don't doubt that there is an old god in the area under Hyjal but shouldnt he have done something by now i mean the barrow deep is in there and in the Warcrart 3 and when you go in there the bear are pissed do you think that it could be the doing of an the old god. I like the idea that an Old God used the well of eternity to send out its curse across the world and maybe thats how he got into the emerald dream when the well blew up instead of being tore in half like i first thought but was pushed(or part of him) into the emerald dream so he can work in both worlds....Or i could be just over thinking because thats what a lore nerd does in his spare time i guess..

You said you have the Yogg-Saron puzzle box what does that do that item alone makes want to lvl archeology well that and the scarab mount
    I dont have it, i havent even trained in archeology. Its whispers were posted in a different thread

15+ Year Old Account
    Dark were you the person who asked the question?:P

rags' wan tot burn things down because....he is fire,and what is the biggest thing to burn down?That huge tree!So perfect for a bonfire...

But yeah he must be wanting to burn it down to help the old gods.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Am confused as to why Al'akir would work with ragnoris after he killed his son.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by turlyonlost to tirion wtf View Post
    Am confused as to why Al'akir would work with ragnoris after he killed his son.
    I dont get that either, good point

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Dark were you the person who asked the question?:P

rags' wan tot burn things down because....he is fire,and what is the biggest thing to burn down?That huge tree!So perfect for a bonfire...

But yeah he must be wanting to burn it down to help the old gods.
    No, i have never had anything to do with blizzcon

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
    I dont get that either, good point

No, i have never had anything to do with blizzcon
    But boy I beat you got all happy when you heard him ask that question:P
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    But boy I beat you got all happy when you heard him ask that question:P
    Actually, i got a pm from Stayven saying "Are you watching blizcon?! the new old god has been released!" so i found the first old god thread i could find and these were my exact feelings, post 2 in the thread:http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...th-new-Old-God!
    It was the only thing on my mind at the time

Found the whispers from the Yogg-Saron puzzle box pretty interesting it seems he knows of the other old gods so instead of kill him we should have asked him questions about the other ones lol

At the bottom of the ocean even light must die
    The silent, sleeping, staring houses in the backwoods always dream. It would be merciful to tear them down.
    There is no sharp distinction between the real and the unreal.
    Even death may die.
    There is a little lamb lost in dark woods.
    All places, all things have souls. All souls can be devoured.
    What can change the nature of a man?
    The stars sweep chill currents that make men shiver in the dark.
    You will all be alone in the end.
    Do you dream while you sleep or is it an escape from the horrors of reality?
    Look around. They will all betray you. Flee screaming into the black forest.
    In the land of Ny'alotha there is only sleep.
    In the sleeping city of Ny'alotha walk only mad things.
    Ny'alotha is a city of old, terrible, unnumbered crimes.
    Y'knath k'th'rygg k'yi mrr'ungha gr'mula.
    The void sucks at your soul. It is content to feast slowly.
    The drowned god's heart is black ice.
    It is standing right behind you. Do not move. Do not breathe.
    Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside.
    In the sunken city, he lays dreaming.
    Open me! Open me! Open me! Then only will you know peace.
    You resist. You cling to your life as if it actually matters. You will learn.

I'm really hoping Ny'alotha/N'zath gets its own expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    sounds like the dream is going to be a raid. an old god RAID MUWHAHAHHAHAH

also isnt the rift also connected to the nether? basically its a giant rift for everything

azeroth, the great dark, the emerald dream, and the nether

i expect to see some legion folks there because they can. i doubt its an old god responsible for demons if they show up

btw dark. when cata comes out ur gunna be my archeology partner.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splub View Post
    I'm really hoping Ny'alotha/N'zath gets its own expansion.
    didnt they jsut say it would be this expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    sounds like the dream is going to be a raid. an old god RAID MUWHAHAHHAHAH

also isnt the rift also connected to the nether? basically its a giant rift for everything

azeroth, the great dark, the emerald dream, and the nether

i expect to see some legion folks there because they can. i doubt its an old god responsible for demons if they show up

btw dark. when cata comes out ur gunna be my archeology partner.
    Maybeh, lord knows im gonna level like hell to get 85 first in my guild.