Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    My question is that (Unless they retconned this) all of the elemental lords work for the old gods(source warcraft 3 manual) why is it that the naga had to mind control Neptulon with a giant squid and why is the twilight cult fighting Therazane?

10+ Year Old Account
    They've been on their own for thousands of years and they like it. They aren't interested in invading Azeroth like Ragnaros and Al'Akir were.

Not yet, anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DismalNether View Post
    My question is that (Unless they retconned this) all of the elemental lords work for the old gods(source warcraft 3 manual) why is it that the naga had to mind control Neptulon with a giant squid and why is the twilight cult fighting Therazane?
    The Old gods want to give the elemental lord title to Azshara so they had to sap his power. And Therazane just doesnt like the twilight cult screwing with nature i guess :-\.

Remember, i made this thread in October...things have changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by gamma Ray View Post
    The Old Gods and the Curse of the Flesh are older than the well of eternity. According to the WC3 manual at least. The Old Gods and their Elemental lords ruled over Azeroth which was in utter chaos. After the Elemental Lords were banished to the Elemental Plane and the Old Gods chained within the earth, natural calmed and Azeroth could be shaped. During this time the Dragons were given their task along with the Earthen, Sea Giants, and other Titanic creations. The Well of Eternity was created after the Old Gods were defeated, meaning that the Curse of the Flesh was before the titans came or the well.

As for the Old God speculation.

R'lyeh is an underwater city that Cthulhu lives. In the Lovecraft story "Call of the Cthulhu" and "Dagon" the "city" is simply an underwater island that raises out of the ground that the characters visit or hear about.

Blizzard loves Lovecraft so much (and who doesn't!?) we can guess that Ny'alotha is going to be an underwater land that rises above ground. I would expect it to be near or within Vashjr.

The Emerald Dream is just that, A dream. The entrance for players are the 4 portals in game, but for the druids they sleep. Their pact with Ysera was that they would sleep for allotted time and live in the dream and then come out and live in the normal world for a time. The World Tree is not a gateway or has been indicated as such by any lore that I've read.
    Interesting in seeing as our next x-pac likely takes place on another continent, possibly the broken isles, south seas, and/or pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by DismalNether View Post
    After the Titan's chained the Old Gods beneath the earth the Elemental Lords basically "quit" working for the Old Gods. The OG's power was no longer able to keep the Elemental Lords bound to the physical world and they were sent to the elemental plane where they were basically fighting each other for ages.

The reason that Ragnaros was on Azeroth is because of the Spell during the War of the 3 Hammers. He was working only for himself during Vanilla. He may be allied with Deathwing right now, but Deathwing isn't working for an Old God proper, even if he was sent to madness by their whispers.

At this point none of the Elemental Lords are working for the Old Gods. Neptulon is the target of the Naga because of his Trident. If they can take his artifact they can control the seas of Azeroth, a power that basically gives them complete control of the world. He's basically Ariel's father in the Little Mermaid.