Thread: EBB replacement

EBB replacement

Does anyone know of a good replacement for Elkano's Buff Bars? Basically something to consolidate and move buffs but still keep them all visible with clearly visible timers. And before you say it I don't like the Blizzard UI buff consolidator.

4.0.1 broke my EBB and his update is even more broken

Thanks

Try Satrina's buff bar.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Priests will receive Blood Strike and the ability to wield two handed swords

I don't have an answer for you at this point but I would just like to know the extent of the problems with your EBB. Becausse I've heard people saying it's completely broken however the only problem with mine is being unable to click off buffs.

Is this the case for you or is it a more severe problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Ludovician View Post
    I don't have an answer for you at this point but I would just like to know the extent of the problems with your EBB. Becausse I've heard people saying it's completely broken however the only problem with mine is being unable to click off buffs.

Is this the case for you or is it a more severe problem?
    That was the original problem, then I tried updating to the newer version on Curse. That was a bad idea, it removed all of my saved settings and now won't even save new bars I try to create. Buffs are not appearing properly and I'm really just tired of messing with it. I loved the mod, but I think I'm just going to try something else if I can find a good one.

Also, thanks lifesavers, I just downloaded Satrina's Buff Frames it to give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by andraxion View Post
    There's not much Elkano can do, Blizzard broke the buff cancelling and I'm sure Elkano is working hard to find a fix. Besides, EBB is probably the best looking mod out there. Not like you'll find something so customizable, with the exception of Raven but eh.

That was your problem anyways, Curse is a piece of shit. Go to the root of the mod, Wowace. You can read the tickets, how people fixed the problems and any additional author notes.
    Ironic, since both Wowace and Mmo-champion are owned by Curse now. Thanks man I'll check out the latest on there. I do agree that EBB is the best one out there.

Thanks guys, just got the 157 alpha off of Wowace and it looks to be working perfectly. (Other than you still can't click-off buffs, but it seems a workaround is coming soon. Plus /cancelaura works for now.)

Curse is just a front end for wowace, and by an intentional decision curse will display only selected releases.
    Curse will not list alpha, and I don't think beta releases for reasons of them not always being suitable for the mass audience.
    It is not a case of being behind, just being the more select source keeping the potentially broken or testing material away from those who should not be using it.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Curse is just a front end for wowace, and by an intentional decision curse will display only selected releases.
    Curse will not list alpha, and I don't think beta releases for reasons of them not always being suitable for the mass audience.
    It is not a case of being behind, just being the more select source keeping the potentially broken or testing material away from those who should not be using it.
    If you use the Curse Updater you can set it to what level you want to see. Default is Release I believe, but you cna change it to show beta or even alpha versions. And if you choose Alpha and there's a beta or release that is newer, you'll still see the newest version. Basically you just tell it how experimental you're willing to go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by andraxion View Post
    I'm not saying Curse as a whole is bad, just that Curse fell behind with their addon management. While Curse is Curseforge/Wowace, Wowace has a stronger community. The addons that get pumped out of there are usually very high quality.
    Curse actively gives authors money for their work on addons that are provided free to customers. Plus, the files on curse are exactly the same ones that are on WoWace (because they get synced).

---------- Post added 2010-10-23 at 10:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Curse does list betas. Alphas are hidden on the page, but still d/l-able using the CC.

You can also get alphas and such if you click the "CurseForge" link (or Wowace link if that is where the addon is from) in the info section at the top (wow version, last updated, version, creator, etc).