Deleted

SLI/crossfire cataclysm

I wanted to know but World of Warcraft cataclysm supports Sli/Crossfire ?
    and it would be convenient? or better to go Single GPU?

Deleted
    Always go single GPU, less hassle , less heat , more cost effective.

Its just marketing, and it only makes sense if the fastest single card isnt fast enough for the games you want to play, which in return begs the question if the game is properly optimized

Crossfire (imo) is only really needed for FPS games. Any type of mid-range/high-end xfire would be beyond overkill for WoW.
    If you plan on playing other games like BC2, Crysis, Stalker etc etc, definiately go xfire if you can't afford to hack out $600-700+ for a single gpu.

---

Try this thread, may have some info, althou it just seems like a bitchfest from a glance :S
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-sli-crossfire
    Last edited by SiNz; 2010-10-24 at 12:24 AM.

Deleted
    I needed a PC to play only in world of warcraft and i was wondering if putting everything to the max (texture filtering / effect / anisotropic / shadow quality / etc .....) it was better to go on a single GPU or multiple GPUs. (Games at 1920x1080 resolution).
    I thought SLI / crossfire but looking on the forums do not know if the support this technology.

My indecision was:
    New AMD Radeon 6870 (x 1)
    "" "" Radeon 6870 (x 2) crossfire

(460 gtx 1 gb) x 1 ( x 2 )

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alandil View Post
    I needed a PC to play only in world of warcraft and i was wondering if putting everything to the max (texture filtering / effect / anisotropic / shadow quality / etc .....) it was better to go on a single GPU or multiple GPUs. (Games at 1920x1080 resolution).
    I thought SLI / crossfire but looking on the forums do not know if the support this technology.

My indecision was:
    New AMD Radeon 6870 (x 1)
    "" "" Radeon 6870 (x 2) crossfire

(460 gtx 1 gb) x 1 ( x 2 )
    My Radeon 5770 handles everything at nearly max (not at max: 4x AF, Environment Detail on High, Ground Clutter on High, Shadows on Good). So figure what a single GTX 460 or 6870 would do.

Quote Originally Posted by Visker View Post
    more cost effective.
    Not always, but in this case yes.