Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    Why should we be forced to mute and then unmute our speakers whenever we want to log in?

Some people don't like being rushed to log in before a dragon has the chance to make the annoying sound. I think all the people who like it now are bandwagoning, and will eventually come to dislike it after a year or two. If it weren't making the sound every time we logged in, it wouldn't be as annoying.

I really can't see why people argue against removing an annoying sound if they log in fast enough anyway.

All evidence of your post points to you not caring one way or another, so your opinion doesn't count for much. Can't understand why people like you feel the need to tell others ways around something that shouldn't have to be worked around.
    You're not forced to mute your speakers at all. You can just put up with the roar, it's really not that bad. But if you're going to bitch about it every time you hear it, you might as well just mute them.

I doubt anyone truly likes the roar, it's just some people (like myself) can live with it, or choose one of those "fixes" for it ("Rush" login, mute speakers, whatever), because it's not really that big of a deal.

I'm not arguing against removing it, I'm fine if they do, I'm just saying, everyone who continues to QQ about it is QQing for a dumb reason IMO.

I was trying to help, by giving suggestions and just flat out stating that it's not such a big problem, but clearly I was wrong and this little sound you hear every once in a while that isn't that hard to get rid of is a serious world crisis and we have to stop it A.S.A.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampantsoto View Post
    Once Vin Diesel is an adult I will feed him more than just crickets

Quote Originally Posted by Pukka View Post
    Look guys, The Login screen is epic. That is all.
    'Epic' is a word that is thrown around all too often today.

I like it, except the shriek!
    Your point is now invalid.

I have a Top Hat.

I am The Burning Legion!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    I like it, except the shriek!
    That could definitely use some work.

Screen yes, roar no. 7/10.

Would be VERY simply to have a check box under sound options to just disable the roar sound file from playing. Dont see why blizz cant spend the five minutes to implement this which would end up satisfying well over half the wow population.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aundas View Post
    'Epic' is a word that is thrown around all too often today.
    That's because blizzard started handing out epics to everyone like it was candy after Vanilla :P.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Munk View Post
    Screen yes, roar no. 7/10.

Would be VERY simply to have a check box under sound options to just disable the roar sound file from playing. Dont see why blizz cant spend the five minutes to implement this which would end up satisfying well over half the wow population.
    Talk about greedy.

Blizzard can spend 5 minutes to make this checkbox, but people cant spend 2 seconds to mute their speakers while they log in?

Why is it always Blizzard's job to do this crap? It's just a roar. It's not that bad, and it's not that hard to get rid of yourself.
    Last edited by Goldrinn; 2010-10-24 at 03:40 AM.

Who's to say they won't add a checkbox?

Quote Originally Posted by Kwickslash View Post
    That's because blizzard started handing out epics to everyone like it was candy after Vanilla :P.
    I agree, but I think the impact that the word held was lost when it became synonymous to 'cool,' I.E. "That's so epic bro," when describing something moderately interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the log in screen. I really don't see why the roar/screech is a huge bother to people. Really, I have no idea. Its not like its an annoying Murloc or anything.

Personally, since the opening theme takes a while to start up in Wrath, the roar lets me know the game loaded after I hit play. Now I can rely on that in Cataclysm.

Plus, Classic and Burning Crusade's screen was just a portal. Nothing else. That seems boring to me.

"With King's Light and Lion's Roar, By kingdom's pact, our spirits soar, Against the Darkness, we stand in defiance, Even in death, Glory to the Alliance!" - Ken Silver, Human Hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    ya didnt really want 2 more years of roaring dragon but it is awesome.
    Victoria Aut Mors

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDoomcookie View Post
    So many people QQing over the roar...
    Guys... you're playing a FANTASY game FULL of DRAGONS. If you can't handle their vocalizations, you might want to find a different game genre to play.
    This.

Wonderful Ysera set by Aderianu of AHS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldrinn View Post
    You're not forced to mute your speakers at all. You can just put up with the roar, it's really not that bad. But if you're going to bitch about it every time you hear it, you might as well just mute them.

I doubt anyone truly likes the roar, it's just some people (like myself) can live with it, or choose one of those "fixes" for it ("Rush" login, mute speakers, whatever), because it's not really that big of a deal.

I'm not arguing against removing it, I'm fine if they do, I'm just saying, everyone who continues to QQ about it is QQing for a dumb reason IMO.

I was trying to help, by giving suggestions and just flat out stating that it's not such a big problem, but clearly I was wrong and this little sound you hear every once in a while that isn't that hard to get rid of is a serious world crisis and we have to stop it A.S.A.P.
    Not trying to come across harshly. I was aggravated at the people saying to stop whining when I said they were arguing to keep it (because that's the logical conclusion I came to when told to stop voicing what I thought about the screech). When I state I'd like it removed, because it annoys the shit out of me, and someones stating "stop QQ'ing it's fine" tells me either they don't care or are against removing it.

It's not a huge problem, I know, but I'd think after the sindragosa screen we'd had enough annoying dragon cries. This screech bugs me. I just think it's something that shouldn't be implemented in the first place rather than have us find a workaround just so we don't have to listen to it... if we're ever caught booted for afk'ing, or were distracted after opening the program up.

Trying to voice an opinion on forums always seems like bitching, unless you agree with it.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

If you don't like the login screen then don't login. Problem solved for all of us.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    its amazing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleid View Post
    If you don't like the login screen then don't login. Problem solved for all of us.
    If you can't come up with a better response than "turn the other cheek" then don't respond. It'll make everyone else happier.

Like I posted in the other thread about this same exact thing, there are more people who HATE the dragon roar than like it, and far more people that just don't care about it one way or the other. Therefore, there are technically more people behind removing it than leaving it. If you don't care one way or the other, you won't miss it if it's gone.

If I was a troll, I would say that in addition to having the roar, the login screen is Horde-biased by showing Deathwing destroying Stormwind, thus further proving the imba love Blizzard has for Horde, but I am not a troll. I like the login screen and Deathwing is a dragon, and a big scary one at that. It is his duty to roar and scare the living s--! out of you.

Deleted
    I thought horde biased expansions was the problem in cata, whiners? Now this? Please dig yourself back in your hole and come out when you're ready to post some proper critics/opinions.

Everyday I log on, it's to the image of Stormwind City in flames.

Couldn't be happier.
    Quote Originally Posted by dyce09

Do yourself a favor and don't comment. You are perpetuating what you seem to hate the most on this forum.
    Another post: Cause Dyce asked me not to.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    it is a good one! but i wont lie i always loved the reg wow login... it made sense!!!!!! your typing your password in to enter the world of warcraft and the portal entrance is right where you type it in
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    OMG EVERYONE IS BANNED.