Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Call me crazy, but i have this theory after reading "Necronomicon". In the short story "The call of Cthulhu" (Cthulhu = C'thun), Cthulhu is described and known as appearing as human, dragon, and some octopuss-alike creature. So obviously my guess, is that Cho'gall were able to ressurect some spark in C'thun, that somehow corrupted Deathwing, making him a part of himself, a vessel, -------- Deathwing & C'thun is the same, but this will be revealed first in the Deathwing encounter.
    So last boss = Deathwing -> C'thun in a phase change. Wild guess...

Edit: -> This is when taking into account that Deathwing has in some points of the game tentacles, and that himself and twilight cultists have mentioned higher beings as their leaders.
    Last edited by Moffeloff; 2010-10-24 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    oh he is long dead
    well he maybe now a steampunk-cyborg for all we know

Quote Originally Posted by zoma View Post
    Kael'thas
    Onyxia (I've heard she has been rezzed, but haven't seen her mention in any of the entry level raids.)
    Whoever was in charge of making Deathwing's armor (We've had Mimiron the Engineer, Putricide the Alchemist, why not a Blacksmith raid boss?)
    Random Elemental
    Random Dragon
    Dragonmaw Orc
    Someone introduced before Deathwing raid patch, but after Cataclysm release.
    Forgemaster Garrfrost
    Ignis the Furnacemaster.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping something like you go in clear a small amount of trash fight him say he flies of at X% Hp you clear trash trying to get to him, maybe add some phases where you fly a dragon? or something along those lines but interesting

Quote Originally Posted by palladish View Post
    I'm hoping something like you go in clear a small amount of trash fight him say he flies of at X% Hp you clear trash trying to get to him, maybe add some phases where you fly a dragon? or something along those lines but interesting
    I think having an encounter where Deathwing runs away would just ruin that sense of "Oh shit" you get from him. His fight needs to be an all out chaotic fight to the death. Arthas was kind of a bitch cake, and he didn't run in the Lich King fight.

15+ Year Old Account
    I garuntee that a certain amount of the bosses in Deathwings raid will have no significant role in lore and are only placed as filler. Lets look at the past shall we,
    ICC: 7/12 had nothing to do with lore
    Sunwell: 3/4 had nothing to do with lore
    AQ40: 13/15(?) had nothing to do with lore

The outlook looks grim for having the raid full of lore characters

Undead Cairne

i think deathwing wont actually be the last boss, but we will slay him then fight the old god responsible for him

I'd like to see something completely different. The entire raid would be just 1 fight where we'd be occupying Ony, Nef and a good number of black, chromatic and twilight adds at the same time while Ysera, Alexstraza and their broods tried to rip Deathwing to shreds. What would make it even more epic would be if we were imbued with a touch of Alexstraza's power so we could rez fallen dragons. The point of the fight wouldn't be to defear the bosses, but to survive the 10 or 15 minutes until deathwing was defeated. Or if we were unable to rez enough dragons quick enough, deathwing would win the battle above and come wipe us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Me: "Yo, wanna go 5-man Ony's Lair and try for the mount?"
    Friend: "Hey yeah, sure thing man!"
    Other friend: "Okay, SWEET! Let's do this!"

*zone into Onyxia's Lair*

Me: "Whoa, this trash is so easy at level 85!"
    Other friend: "LOLOLOL 100k CRIT!"
    Friend: "oh god, is that Onyxi-"

Deathwing: "THIS WORLD SHALL BUUUUURRRRNNNNNNN"
    All of us: "OH GOD NO!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I also like the idea of a raid dedicated to fighting Deathwing multiple times in many diferent ways. We could have a miniboss to get the people warmed up (like the "ogre council" in Gruul's lairs) then fight Deathwing in many diferent stages, each one dropping a piece of his armor that acts like a loot chest.

I'd rather not see an Old God in that raid, I think they'd steal DW's thunder and I'd rather get 2 raids then 1, but it could work if well played.