Thread: Gratz CoL.Red

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    Not that I'm against aAa winning, but the bullshit reasoning for a team to win a match after two draws due to the overall damage of just the first match is stupid. Why the hell wouldn't they combine the two matches, it gives the team who had the damage advantage in the first game the advantage of just playing to the draw in the second. Especially as long as the games were lasting it's just a stupid way of calling it.
    Seriously, how many matches did aAa win this way out of the entire series. What a crappy way to decide a draw. I'm sure they are laughing all the way to the bank, but Blizzard should be ashamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Diaxx View Post
    Overall damage is just stupid...
    It's a rule made by Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashii View Post
    Seriously, how many matches did aAa win this way out of the entire series. What a crappy way to decide a draw. I'm sure they are laughing all the way to the bank, but Blizzard should be ashamed.
    They won at least two wins in the final rounds this way, I think they won another in their first match up against Complexity.Red as well. It's just retarded, if you're going to do it that way at least combine both games.

Quote Originally Posted by Diaxx View Post
    Overall damage is just stupid...
    ^^
    This. Why isn't it damage + heals? Why don't they just reset the match?

Why doesn't Blizzard stick a crow bar into it's considerable wallet and award first place to both teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashii View Post
    ^^
    This. Why isn't it damage + heals? Why don't they just reset the match?

Why doesn't Blizzard stick a crow bar into it's considerable wallet and award first place to both teams.
    Well that's one thing I can understand why they don't include heals. Otherwise you'd get 'true' tri-heal teams (i.e. When the Stars Align but all healing specs) and they do nothing but heal to the draw.

IMO, regardless of rules, Col. Red is the champion. The fact that they got the kill 10 seconds too late doesn't change the fact that they managed an absolutely sick setup with an insane burst to kill Aaa's lock and then follow it up in the next match with a very nice win.

Personally I would love to see a rematch between the two where they were both fresh. I hope Blizz does something about that, even if only as an exhibition and not for the money.

Enigmz is a great druid, no doubt. But the other members of aAa were merely beyond decent imho. The lock missing to recast soul link and dying on the match before pretty much says anything, he's nowhere as good as Snutz hitting every shadowfury for straight 4 hours like a boss. The overall damage rule is pretty stupid and got them their title just by turtleing. It was clear from the beginning that LSD with affliction lock will dominate the meters in every fight due to the nature of their damage. Even though the individual skill of everyone on col.red is much higher they managed to win due to their imbalanced setup.

I won't blame anyone and rules are rules, but col.red was the better team, just like Loaded. I'm glad this expansion is over and hope they'll fix their balancing issues if the pvp part of WoW wants to be taken seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Merzbow View Post
    Enigmz is a great druid, no doubt. But the other members of aAa were merely beyond decent imho. The lock missing to recast soul link and dying on the match before pretty much says anything, he's nowhere as good as Snutz hitting every shadowfury for straight 4 hours like a boss.
    Hrk is pretty damn good as well. Inflame would've been a better fit to the playstyle of Enigmz and Hrk, but Inflame and Enigmz had a pretty bad fallout.

The overall damage rule is pretty stupid and got them their title just by turtleing. It was clear from the beginning that LSD with affliction lock will dominate the meters in every fight due to the nature of their damage.
    I agree. People complain about ele shaman a lot, but if you look at any meters for an LSD's matches, the aff lock will beat an ele shaman on damage barring the lock being CC trained by the enemy start to finish.

Even though the individual skill of everyone on col.red is much higher they managed to win due to their imbalanced setup.
    Just sayin', mage/lock/druid is a counter to lock/shaman/druid. aAa went with Baubles because ele shaman can't live through a single fear against a mage/lock/druid team. Baubles are the ONLY reason that aAa was able to hold up against Complexity.Red. So no, it had nothing to do with an "imbalanced setup". MLD, when played at its absolute highest level, isn't countered by skill. It's countered by just stacking baubles. If it weren't for the damage dealt rule, col.Red would not have lost, and it had nothing to do with "individual skill", either. Don't get me wrong, though, all 3 are phenomenal players. You're just greatly underestimating the strength of mage/lock/druid (which they switched to mage/lock/priest to apply more offensive pressure to fight the bauble) if you think that LSD is "imbalanced" compared to MLD.

I will throw this out there, though:
    Sodah, on his priest in the finals, was... Wow. That was probably one of the most spectacular performances I've ever seen. Sodah could honestly take that entire finals, put music behind it, and call it a PvP video, because what he was doing out there looked like someone edited out the human mistakes and was only showing highlight reels. Sodah was landing massive bomb fears constantly (I don't even remember seeing one smaller than 2 people). Hell, he was going for burns when he had 1k mana.

Simply put: Sodah was monstrous out there and played better than any other healer has in the history of Blizzcon.

I agree. People complain about ele shaman a lot, but if you look at any meters for an LSD's matches, the aff lock will beat an ele shaman on damage barring the lock being CC trained by the enemy start to finish.
    It isn't about overall damage, but about the burst damage he can put out in a few globals, also the skillcap of wotlk elemental shamans was far lower than any other class/spec combination during S8.

I don't know the exact rules myself but WoW Riot states "If someone is very close to scoring a goal, the match is allowed to continue." so if aAa decided not to play because of the 20-minute mark without even hearing from the admins it's their own damn fault. And to say it not right after the match but after the ceremony is just ridiculous...

And I was sure that I heard the guy says they have 20 more sec to score a kill when James died.
    Really wish they had a watch on the screen to save that kind of grif

coL.red are the true winners of blizzcon 2010
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    It isn't about overall damage, but about the burst damage he can put out in a few globals, also the skillcap of wotlk elemental shamans was far lower than any other class/spec combination during S8.
    Ah yes, "skillcap". The buzz word people use on these forums to make it sound like they have a grasp on PvP. Ele shaman and resto shaman play nearly the exact same way. Yet ele's skillcap is "low" and resto's skillcap is "high" according to people on these forums.

Rogues are, by far, the absolute lowest skillcap class that has ever existed in WoW. You can try to argue it as much as you want, but when you can fuck up as much as the rogues on the two RLSes at MLG Raleigh and STILL win a tournament, something is severely imbalanced with the class. No other class or spec can get away with as many positioning errors or as many cooldown overlaps as rogues and still win. Or go back and watch Team Dignitas at Raleigh struggle against any RLS (haha, RMP losing to RLS, that's cute) because Hydra constantly fears while tremor is still down. Yet, if Team Dignitas had won, everyone would be calling them the greatest shit ever, despite not being able to properly handle tremor totems.

If you truly think that ele has the lowest skillcap, then you're incapable of understanding what the term "skillcap" means.

was there video of this tourney? and is it being replayed (the video)?

If you truly think that ele has the lowest skillcap, then you're incapable of understanding what the term "skillcap" means.
    Ele have the lowest skillcap of all viable compo in arena.
    And ele and resto dont play the same way. At all.

On topic, Col.Red played amazingly, but aAa deserved their victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    Ele have the lowest skillcap of all viable compo in arena.
    And ele and resto dont play the same way. At all.
    Ah, so you're one of those people who not only knows literally nothing about ele and resto playstyles, but you also use the word "skillcap" incorrectly. I think you're in the wrong section of the forums. This is the PvP section, not the PvE section, because you clearly know nothing about PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Psilo View Post
    A thread on ArenaJunkies suggested (I have no way of proving it) that damage was counted past the 20 minute mark for that round which tied them up 2-2, the one in which there was ~40K on the side of aAa. Apparently, at the 20 minute mark col.Red was actually winning, and hence, got royally fucked more than once.

Again, I have no way to prove it and don't even know if that is true... but watching the gameplay it seems obvious to me that col.Red outplayed aAa but because of their comp they couldn't put out more damage: the Frost Mage is focused more on control and the Destro Lock is burst vs. an Elem Sham that is a damage sponge, tremor totem, and back up healer, and then an Affliction Lock that gets healed by doing damage.

Anybody that watched the matches could clearly see that aAa was on their heels for every fight that went the full duration. It's a design failure that the team that is playing most defensively ends up putting out "more" damage and is able to win by pushing that 20 minute time limit.

Also, I'd honestly rather see matches last 20 seconds and see something die than this 20 minute bullshit.
    reckful from complexity wrote that on wowriot, but didnt provide any evidence. So might just be that hes just a butthurt american.

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge View Post
    coL.red are the true winners of blizzcon 2010
    Yeah, must feel great to be the "true" winners.