Deleted

Connection Problems..

I was just in the middle of a BRD ( or rather finishing up some leftover bosses ) alt-tabbed out to check something on wowhead, tabbed back and saw I was disconnected. first I thought I had kicked my internet cable out (again <.<) plugged it properly in and tried to login, but it said "Unable to connect..blah blah" the kind ofm essage you get when you try to login without internet access. so, I cant login but my net is working. my brother who's sitting next to me is playing aswell.

- Is anyone else having trouble connecting?

Seems to be a substantial issue, with seemingly it being linked to somewhere being authentication and the realm lists.
    It will recognise incorrect login information as being incorrect, but upon entering those details correctly it will then fail to proceed any further with an unable to connect message.
    Ofc with the blizzard busy with blizzcon I am not expecting a fix any time soon.
    Some can log on, some can't.
    Continuing farce of the 4.0.1 bugfest.

Deleted
    So, am I getting this right when you say it could be quite some time till I can login again ? Ö

Your guess is as good as mine, but it always takes them a long time to fix things when they are distracted, not least the brushing under the rug of the blizzcon stream issues which are no better than last year.
    Told to contact rayv, who then proceed to take ages to get back to you with a reply that nothing is wrong.

The exact error on my end is the standard unable to connect message -
    Unable to connect. Please try again later. If the problem persists please contact Technical Support at [http://eu.blizzard.com/support/artic...ategoryId=2091].

This is most certainly a problem their end since incorrect login details are recognised as incorrect, but correct ones cause a failure to move forward any further in the login process beyond the authentication.
    I am not using McAfee, and since this has now suddenly been brought up by a number of posters simultaeneously both here and on the official forums makes it damn clear this is not our problem.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2010-10-24 at 05:51 AM.

Deleted
    @ S@thi: It's not the same error as those guys are getting. atleast it doesn't say anything about patching information.

It basicly says "Unable to connect, please try again later. if this problem persist please contact techincal support at: http://eu.blizzard.com/support/artic...ategoryId=2091

Also: I don't know if it makes any difference but I had no problem login in on beta, and it only seems to be my account, my brothers account could log in fine.

Deleted
    Same problem here (EU-Kel'thuzad). Doing Headless Horseman my screen froze (as so many times before since this patch -.- )I restarted the game but am "UNABLE TO CONNECT" ever since.

Annoying!

dude reboot your pc and the problem will be fixed it used to happen to me when i had shitty net whenever i would alt tab it would dc me and sometimes i would get the same message your getting for no reason its dumb.

It seems to hit some accounts and not others, even on the same computer.
    It can tell the difference between incorrect and correct login details, so the authentication is operating correctly, and therefore our connection to battle.net.
    The Beta and PTR are hosted in the US, so this is an EU only problem.

Deleted
    @ tinyqt, tried that, didn't work. didn't work on one of the other computers either.

---------- Post added 2010-10-24 at 05:57 AM ----------

Sounds like we got hit by the same thing C-nerd. oh well, gonna go get some sleep now and checkin once I wake up again.

The same happened to me 15 mins ago
    i hope they will come with a solution fast

Deleted
    Still the same problem.

I even deactivated my firewall, even though it's isually active and without problems.

Tried my second pc, nothing.

Tried logging into Starcraft II --> success.

WoW is not accessible though.

Got to go to work now anyway, but I hope it's fixed, when I'm back.

Blue post acknowledging they are aware of the problem, but no ETA on when it will be fixed.

Deleted
    sooo....patch 4.0.1 hits and we lose about 3-4 days of our playtime...
    yeah..thats nice.
    I'm also unable to login..

edit: also unable to join the EU forums.

Can't log, oh well needed a break anyway->

EU realms seem to be down. Cant get to the official site either.