Thread: Fury Stats

Fury Stats

agility/crit -vrs- str/ap
    Haste -vrs- crit

I have spent a lot of gold reforging and restoring, geming and regeming and have also tried many different combinations of gear and have settled on the below stats and weapon combination H cryptmaker/R cryptmaker. Cant try every gem/gear combination short of spending all my gold so hoping for some advice in addition to what I have observed.

Stats

AP:4971
    Haste:12.56
    Hit:27.09
    Crit:44.15
    Exp:27
    Mastery:8 (base value)

Q1: Points for mastery or no points for mastery?...is the increase in enrage causation and effects a value at cost to other stats?
    Q2: Haste -vrs Crit.. at 44% crit I find that even just auto attacking the GM dummy (100 melee samples), flurry consistantly refreshes before the 3 hit count down. Some guildies have 33% crit and 20 something percent of haste? which is better?

Q3: I have a lot of STR/Hit, STR/Crit Gems and gain all socket bonuses including +68 STR... should we concentrate like before (i.e. all ArP gems pre patch (and if so with what?)) or diversify stats gaining socket bonuses for overall balance?

Q4: I have settled on H Cryptmaker and Reg Cryptmaker and have back packed shadows edge, H citadel enforcer, etc...we used to want heaviest/slowest highest damage weapon in main hand so should shadows edge still be a priority at cost of expertise?

Q5: crit -vrs- AP ... I can swap out a few rings and purchase the vendor Agil/Crit cloak to replce might ocean serpant cloak and increase crit to about 48% (+4%) at the cost of about -450 APower...?

Q6: it used to be that precision and rampage were "added on top of" the character tool tip values of hit and crit. I get the fact that precision is now included into the character tool tip hit value of 27% for example...but is this also the case with rampage adding 7% crit? It seems so for auto attacks on dummies because the numbers point to character tool tip values but when I heroic strike and blood surge rotation I am consitantly in the 60s for crit percentages (when expecting 50s)...which is obviously above my 44% crit.

I used to enjoy offspec tanking but now I hate it...how does Arms compare to Fury these days? And why does the 2 set bonus still improve bleed effects when fury can spec into them anymore...not fair in my opinion.

Thanks

1) Since mastery is nice, but hit cap is better. I reforged a ton of gear to hit, leaving very little for mastery so I have been skipping over that stat and have been doing fine in raids.

2) I sit right at 40% crit and rarely have flurry fall off. You can venture lower if you like, I haven't tried that out yet.

3) Since I have to gem for hit anyway (10str/10hit), might as well pick up all the +str bonuses.

4) H cryptmaker is your highest weapon damage 2H weapon, keep it in your MH. OH is your choice of the reg cryptmaker stat stick vs the SE's slightly higher top end damage. I'd keep the stat stick if I were you.

5) I would avoid agility like the plague, it only provides additional crit, which has become less important with rage gen normalization. 264 str gear > 264 agi gear.

6) Rampage is represented on your character summary even if you do not see the buff on your character. If you need verification, respec and check you crit before and after you spec into rampage.

Just for reference - the expertise cap has changed; you now only require 22 rather than 26. They did some testing and posted some results on EJs awhile back, I think you can find the results here:

http://elitistjerks.com/f81/t97237-c...r_changes/p21/

Just provides a bit more flexibility with your stats and gear choices.

4) H cryptmaker is your highest weapon damage 2H weapon, keep it in your MH. OH is your choice of the reg cryptmaker stat stick vs the SE's slightly higher top end damage. I'd keep the stat stick if I were you.
    Pretty sure you can't use both reg and Heroic version of the same ICC item, like you could TOC items.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Probably because it's not unique. I know you can't do it with DBW or WFS.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    They only made trinkets unique
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    It would appear the world is retardeding at a pace much more rapid than previously anticipated.