15+ Year Old Account

Beta Videos: Argaloth

Towelliee vs Argaloth

Phoenix vs Argaloth

Deleted
    Ah, it's from Tol Barad.

I thought BoT
    Last edited by mmoce04a3b2ccc; 2010-10-24 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Pitlord, wtf :O

Deleted
    so it's a pit lord?... disappointing...

---------- Post added 2010-10-24 at 03:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
    Why a Pitlord?

Did I miss something, or where do they get Burning Legion creatures from?
    tol barad was a collaboration between kul tiras and the kirin tor, to be a prison for the most powerful evil things, a bit like the violet hold, but for even MORE powerful things

but come on, all of the new things that could have been made, ANY demon at all, and they did a pit lord...

I think for now it is a placeholder. Besides Felfire Storm, it is exactly the same mechanics as Brutallus so I do see them changing it.
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably the first boss most people will encounter, and quite an easy one at that. He hits tanks for roughly 10k, which on tanks with 115k+ starter hp, is nothing. Has a rather short enrage timer of 5 minutes, and 21 million hp on 10 man, 67 million on 25. Meteor slash does 200k/ 500k split between the number of targets it hits, so split the group up properly. Dispel his magic debuff or you'll get destroyed quickly. Fel firestorm isn't too threatening, and is used every 33% until he dies.

Overall, an easy fight with great loot. He drops pvp trinkets/necks/ belts and t11 gloves and legs.

This is subject to change at any time, I'll edit in any changes if they occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolatinia View Post

Deathwing begins to explode as he explodes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOS76y-kW5s
    Algaloth 10 man when he was first released.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolatinia View Post

Deathwing begins to explode as he explodes

it make me sad that this voa style raid has survived from wotlk.............

:/
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Netherfall View Post
    Overall, an easy fight with great loot. He drops pvp trinkets/necks/ belts and t11 gloves and legs.
    Can somebody with a beta account PLEASE voice some dissent on this?

Voa was a load of crap because of the easymode tier gears, if they want it to be an easy raid thats one thing but tier gear should mean something more then rng.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyvefire View Post

Voa was a load of crap because of the easymode tier gears, if they want it to be an easy raid thats one thing but tier gear should mean something more then rng.
    that is true but only for shoulders in cata, rest you can grind by doing dailies or killing one/two bosses each week but shoulders just like in pvp will mean 'hey this guy/gal did some riding'

and ofc pants and gloves are not most visible parts of your gear imho

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyvefire View Post

Lemme see if I can find the thread, but Valnoth did say that with this beta build most of the beginning raid fights are in fact too easy, and are being buffed a significant amount (with a few exceptions)to better reflect the feel of Cataclysm raiding. Like I said, I'll update changes the next time I kill him again.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...64216&sid=2000 is the thread, 7th post.