Thread: Pet macro

Deleted

Pet macro

Hello,

Im trying to create a macro for all my pets. I got all pet summons on F1 to F4 but I also want to use my F keys to use the abbilities the pets bring.
    Now I was tring something like this but it wont work.

#showtooltip Succubus
    /cast [noSuccubus] Summon Succubus
    /cast Seduction(Special Ability)

The macro should summon the pet if I dont got the succubus ( Also when I got felhunter on, it should first summon Succubus ) And if I do got the pet it should cast seduce.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks and I'm sorry if the grammer is bad, haha

Seedless,,

For the summons, try

Code:
    #showtooltip Summon Succubus
    /cast [nopet:Succubus] Summon Succubus
    I would suggest a single button for the ability, so you can use the same irrespective of which pet is out.
    Which would be assuming the use of only a single ability.

Code:
    /cast [pet:Voidwalker] Sacrifice
    /cast [pet:Succubus] Seduction
    /cast [pet:Felhunter] Spell Lock
    Change to other abilities if need be.
    That could be adapted to use the following which will cast sacrifice if in combat, and Consume Shadows if not.

Code:
    /cast [pet:Voidwalker,combat] Sacrifice;[pet:Voidwalker,nocombat]  Consume Shadows
    There are also options for perhaps two abilities based on a modifer key being held down, say for devour magic or spell lock, but I have given you plenty to work with already, and I am sure there are better ways to do some of what I have done there.

So how can i make macro that tells Felhunter to come devour magic from me and doesnt swap my target and lets the Felhunter continue to attack after that? =)

would it be something like

/target Ashmodeus
    /cast [pet:Felhunter] Devour Magic

Im so bad with macros =) Also, all my previous macros broke, meaning i had macro that with my SP spam, it would use my trinket, but somehow its not working in 4.0 anymore...
    Last edited by Ashmodan; 2010-10-25 at 04:20 AM. Reason: typing

Deleted
    Friendly Devour magic isnt possible anymore Ashmodeus.

As for Computernerd, Thanks, just testing stuff out now, The Nopet:Succubus works tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    Since when? Anyway my imp dispells me but it has to target someone so you wouldn't be able to not switch targets that I know of.
    They were stating that in the context of the felhunter, not the imp as such.
    More that because the imp got the defensive or friendly dispell, the felhunter is no longer able to dispell from friendly targets.
    That was what they meant.

So the devour magic macro is not possible, but using Singe Magic on the Imp is.

This is just a generic target yourself macro, where irrespective of your current target, the named ability will target you the player.

Code:
    /cast [@player] Spell
    Or specifically in that case.

Code:
    /cast [@player] Singe Magic
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2010-10-25 at 04:25 PM.

Just to make a small contribution:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nomod, pet:felguard]Felstorm;[pet:felguard]Axe toss;[pet:Imp]Singe Magic;[nomod,pet:succubus]Whiplash;[pet:succubus]Seduction;[nomod,pet:felhunter]Devour Magic;[pet:felhunter]Spell Lock;[pet:voidwalker]Sacrifice

That's the macro I use to basically put all my pet skills to one button, it's certainly not suitable for more complex use (focus targets and etc) but otherwise it does fine for me as a general use macro.

It includes everything except the Imp's Flee (which I have bound elsewhere) and the Voidwalker's Consume Shadows (of which I simply ran out of space for) though you could fit the latter in if you remove #showtooltip but I insist on having it most of the time.
    Last edited by Secht; 2010-10-27 at 02:44 PM.

I personally use two pet macro's using the most "important" abilities that I find useful

pet1
    #showtooltip
    /cast [pet:Imp, target=player] Singe Magic;
    /cast [pet:Felhunter] Devour Magic;
    /cast [pet:Voidwalker] Consume Shadows;
    /cast [pet:Succubus] Whiplash;
    /cast [pet:Felguard] Felstorm

pet2
    #showtooltip
    /cast [pet:Imp, target=player] Flee;
    /cast [pet:Felhunter] Spell Lock;
    /cast [pet:Voidwalker] Sacrifice;