LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    "Cumming over their dps on curator"............ that's disturbing
    You're funny

Ulduar > Kara > Daylight > SSC > Rest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by palladinthug View Post
    Inverted Kara please.
    This was my thought, or at least my thought was similar. To have Karazhan sort of "fall over" during the cataclysm, and journey through it sideways.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

we'll be saying the same about Ulduar one day, only sad thing is unlike Kara Ulduar will never be soloable due to the mechanics, So coming back to kill time there will never be viable.

I didn't read OP, so if this is incredibly off topic please disregard.

Anywho, one reason that Kara was so great was the immersion. It was actually a castle, not a one-way road of mostly ice and skulls that has a teleporters to take you to the next area.

P.S. Don't get me wrong, I love the portals, they make easy traveling, but I wish they were done more Ulduar-like. There were both portals AND a real route. That alone, in my opinion, would have made ICC ~15% better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Karazhan was the BRD/Gnomeregan of raids. No thanks I want raids to be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    I didn't read OP, so if this is incredibly off topic please disregard.

Anywho, one reason that Kara was so great was the immersion. It was actually a castle, not a one-way road of mostly ice and skulls that has a teleporters to take you to the next area.

P.S. Don't get me wrong, I love the portals, they make easy traveling, but I wish they were done more Ulduar-like. There were both portals AND a real route. That alone, in my opinion, would have made ICC ~15% better.
    Meh. I just wish ICC was more spooky. Like random enemies popping from the walls, bone chilling voices and bosses that make you go " eeeewwwwww".

Quote Originally Posted by DionLight7 View Post
    Meh. I just wish ICC was more spooky. Like random enemies popping from the walls, bone chilling voices and bosses that make you go " eeeewwwwww".
    Ooh, that too! My first run through I was very excited about all of the traps, but then got disappointed when there weren't any more (besides frogger 2.0, which I don't count too much. Oh, and maybe also the plague wing, so two traps).

Kara was, hell is, one of the best raids of all time. If someone offered to give me an updated, more difficult version of Kara, I wouldn't even hesitate.

Clarify: Obviously not Kara with all bosses being 88, but original bosses in a similar format. The layout of that place is still amazing and so easy to maneuver compared to the other shit pumped out after it (yeah, TK, I'm looking at you). If not, just another 10 man a couple buddies and I can go into and not take seriously and just enjoy after raiding for a week. That's what Kara was after we all outgeared it, but we all went back because that place is awesome.

YES! Something castle-like.

Deleted
    Lots of parts of kara we cant get to, Netherspace under it, the crypts under it, and there was a 3rd thing i cant currently remember :S.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kara is the best instance in game and always will be , cant get tired of it :/ i want blizz to make kara lvl 85 instance in cataclysm

10+ Year Old Account
    Kara was your favourite because it was your 1st proper experience in raiding. Ulduar is current favourite because probably most of the active population these days had their 1st raiding experience in there, and also Ulduar made raid available to the masses after the nerfs on the 3rd week, and introduction of hard modes.

For me i still remember going into MC and having a blast, in a much more chaotic bug ridden environment.

Thats why so many people talk fondly of vanilla, the feeling of discovering a new world without knowing everything forehand by going to fan sites and such was remarkable, even thought it was a a bit crap and overly frustrating game compared to today's standards.

Its all about the 1st experiences.

I still love wow, but i know i will never enjoy it has much has i did on the 4 or 5 months it took me to get to 60.

My two favorite raids to date are Karazhan and Ulduar. It is hard to say exactly what it is about them that made me love them so much. The atmosphere and architecture of both were just fantastic. All of the bosses were very fun in each. I'm sure that Cataclysm will give me another raid that I fall in love with. I can't wait. ^_^

Kara is where I first started raiding, and I have similar nostalgic memories, I practically could have written the OP myself. We had a lot of laughs at the opera event, too! Shade of Aran is one of my favorite bosses of all time, just the atmosphere of getting locked into his room, his maniacal and eerily desperate shouts, the variety of mechanics and phases, it was all perfectly blended into an amazing boss encounter that is seldom repeated these days. I'm not really sure why, I mean boss fights these days have all of those elements, but I guess that fight just has some kind of "x-factor" for me.

I Love all the raids in TBC Except MH cues just sit there and aoe / single target wave after wave after wave of trash mobs before you got to the boss where just waaay to booing in the long run thou i would love to see some TBC Like Raids in cata not copies thou with buffed hp cues we all know how good that went with naxx the best raid instance of vanilla

I prefer karazhan over any other content, very varying mechanics and was a good amount of thrash inbetween bosses etc, I used to do karazhan up to 5 times a week, played on other ppls chars when my own chars were saved if they lacked ppl (like a guy in my guild had 2 accs so I'd tank on his alt druid and he came on his own char). I'm going by the belief that you should do the content when its still "fresh" so I don't like going there now and ruin all my memories same with ulduar hardmodes...doing firefighter now and u feel you'd have wiped if it was in naxx/ulduar gear

I would love to see another kara-like instance. Revamp kara like naxx, only do a better job of it. or kara crypts would be sweet. ulduar and kara tied imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh karazhan, got bored of that after the first week.
    Its all about the 1st experiences.
    yeah I agree, not a 100% but yeah that is usually the case.

My first raid was the original onyxia, but I cant say I enjoyed it alot. Next was molten core, that was horrible - it really was :P
    My most belowed raid memories are from blackwing lair and zul'gurub, great times with great people.

Never experienced that feeling again, raids just got more and more bland in comparison to that feeling. It's tough to compeet with nostalgia for sure :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I would very much like the forbidden dungeon., as I like to call it or "the crypts" to be done into a dungeon as originally intended