Question about wowhead client

hey wowhead client is save?? dont have keyloggers or any? my guild leader say that.. so i ask here

for the moment i only trust the curse client. but not very much.

You can be sure the wowhead client does not contain keyloggers if you have up to date anti-virus/malware protection.
    Also, I am sure Wowhead would not ruin their reputation by releasing a keylogger.

thanks all, yeah.. i hate addons... but your guild need you have addons for raid

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why a guild would require the Wowhead Client - that just helps WoWHead get more info, and makes a page about your character with all your stats and gear and tradeskills.

Your safest bet with any addons is to download from respectable hosting sites, such as wowinterface and curse.
    A manual install by downloading, and extracting to a folder of your choice to perform a scan or whatever is something you could do should you so wish.
    The GM is overparanoid since common sense as described above will prevent getting anything malicious masquerading as an addon.

@Taryble
    Actually I think the GM was questioning the safety of the wowhead client.

Wowhead while not being an addon hosting site, is well respected as a community site, so providing that you download it from the proper site there should be nothing to worry about.
    Though again the above steps can put your mind at ease if need be.

The good hosting sites will have to authorise any new updates to addons, or new ones by reviewing their contents before they appear on the website for download, so ensuring that you download from those and unless you have confidence in the source, not downloading from a 3rd party site, particularly those linked in the comments, then you will be fine.
    If there is a website listed and you are unsure, then you can always come ask us if we know anything of it, or any further questions regarding what we described here.

I use the WoWhead Client, simply to keep my Wowhead profiles/quests/items/companions up to date.

I have it load on Windows Startup minimized in the taskbar and Upload automatically when WoW exits, so I never even have to think about it or know its there. It also automatically updates its in-game addon when it gets an update.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The Wowhead client is safe. It's a normal addon with an auto-uploader. This type of thing has been used by WowHead, Allakazam, and Thottbot for the last 5 years. They're safe, they're reliable, and they've been heavily tested by paranoid geeks (like me - I've used, in the past, both the Thottbot and Wowhead clients, and I picked my way through their code once upon a time).