Thread: Patch 4.03

Patch 4.03

Is it going to be released on the PTR? I haven't heard anything about it and was wondering if anyone has.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ndnt0xic View Post
    Is it going to be released on the PTR? I haven't heard anything about it and was wondering if anyone has.
    Its on the beta because 4.03 is the Cataclysm world change patch.

Yeah I know. That is why I'm wondering if it'll make it to the PTR before live.

If you know then why re you asking such a ridiculous question

it's not ridiculous at all. we just don't know the answer, it is unlikely but they might.

this has been speculated before....and alot of ppl seem to think no. i on one hand think that they would want to do some major stress testing with this patch on the ptr (beta is only small compared to the thousands that would show up on the ptr)

or heck maybe i am just wishfully thinking who know really...
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Wildstaff View Post
    If you know then why re you asking such a ridiculous question
    And how is this a ridiculous question?

Quote Originally Posted by Raith View Post
    it's not ridiculous at all. we just don't know the answer, it is unlikely but they might.
    It's pretty ridiculous. 4.0.3 has been on it's own PTR, it's called the Beta. it's been said many times before. and putting it on the PTR kinda ruins the point of having separate Beta servers when they could just put it on the PTR and be done with it

Deleted
    4.0.3 is the actual cataclysm patch, it includes everything basically.
    Its highly unlikely we will see such thing on the PTR just cause it would kinda... "spoil" the content that we will get.

they have already tested the pre-cata event on the 4.0.1 PTR ...... IMO they'll release a 4.0.1b to fix Bugs and stuff and start the pre-cata event with this patch

Quote Originally Posted by Wildstaff View Post
    It's pretty ridiculous. 4.0.3 has been on it's own PTR, it's called the Beta. it's been said many times before. and putting it on the PTR kinda ruins the point of having separate Beta servers when they could just put it on the PTR and be done with it
    Alright Debbie downer, relax. It was just a question. Not everyone has access to Beta. It is a patch that is being released before Cataclysm launches making it eligible for PTR testing.

It's not a pointless question since there is a difference between 4.0.3 and Cataclysm. We don't have access to the new zones for example and neither do we get archaeology. So in my opinion it is a valid question. However!

I don't think we will see 4.0.3 on the PTR because everything has been tested in the beta. A few invisible walls shouldn't need a whole PTR testing period. The only reason I can think of to put 4.0.3 on the PTR would be stress testing and I find that unlikely. So no, we probably won't see a PTR testing session before Cataclysm. Would be awesome to get a sneak peek, but unfortunately unlikely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Putting Patch 4.0.3 on PTR basically means that they would put up an open beta. They have not been bothered with this the last expansion nor did they indicate in any way, shape or form that they are willing to do that this time around.

In other words, no.

They already put patch 4.0.3 on the ptr. I did like all of the quests for it and dungeons it will be out my guess, in early Nov

Quote Originally Posted by Koen View Post
    Putting Patch 4.0.3 on PTR basically means that they would put up an open beta. They have not been bothered with this the last expansion nor did they indicate in any way, shape or form that they are willing to do that this time around.

In other words, no.
    you are forgetting stress testing in the masses that a close beta cannot offer! (imo)
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superpenguin3 View Post
    They already put patch 4.0.3 on the ptr. I did like all of the quests for it and dungeons it will be out my guess, in early Nov
    4.0.3 is the world changes, not the pre-cataclysm events and elemental bosses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    I can see who votes against that, and I can ban. Just saying.

Alright Debbie downer, relax. It was just a question. Not everyone has access to Beta. It is a patch that is being released before Cataclysm launches making it eligible for PTR testing.
    oh i am relaxed. i'm merely stating that they already have a large enough player base in the beta and putting it on the PTR would be repetitive. most people don't even use the PTR judging by the amount of people who didn't know crap about their class after 4.0.1 went live.

You are also forgetting that they need to test the application of the patch to the current release. The way beta is set up they don't have a way to do it. Shoot all of 4.0.1 was on the Beta servers too. By your logic they shouldn't have put it on the ptr either.

Deleted
    Some ppl have really no clue what the difference between the patch 4.0.3 and the beta is... putting 4.0.3 on the ptr would NOT make it an open beta since..
    You CANT create worgen or goblin
    You CANT visit the new zones like uldum or hyjal
    You CANT level above 80

Patch 4.0.3 simply make the stuff listed below
    Changes the old world
    Access to new race/class combos for the OLD races (tauren paladin)
    Flying in Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms

So that is a huge difference between the beta and just patch 4.0.3

If nothing else they need to make sure all of their expansion-only flags are in all the places they need to be and none of the places they don't.

They don't want players without the expansion to be able to run around Mount Hyjal and do quests, and they also don't want players without the expansion to not be able to complete any Stonetalon quests because the first one was accidentally flagged "expansion only"
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.