Thread: Hunter looting

Hunter looting

I log on today and one of the enhancement shamans in the guild pulls me onto vent. He has been trying to get the Seal of Many Mouths for a while. It hasnt dropped for a long time BUT over the last 2 weeks its dropped and the hunters in the guild have been bidding high and taking it.

So my question is this.....

Did something change where expertise is actually worthwhile for hunters or is reforging however much off for another stat really worth it over another ring?

They already had the ring off of Dreamwalker and the rep ring for ICC for both of em so its not like upgrading a 251 for a 264 or anything like that.

Hunters are STILL trying to get expertise?! ugh and here I thought focus would clean up most of the retards.

OT: No expertise is still bad for hunters and if hunters have expertise, they're bad.

Shouldnt be given to a hunter over a melee but with reforging it could well be an upgrade over lower items.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullblast View Post
    Shouldnt be given to a hunter over a melee but with reforging it could well be an upgrade over lower items.
    Have to be a really low item, because you can't reforge *all* the expertise.

15+ Year Old Account
    Expertise = 100% useless to a hunter. Any hunter should be denied expertise gear if any melee class wants it.

well after patch 4.0.1 with the changes to our pets scaling they can be parried now unless we are expertise capped. On the Lich King HM and in cataclysm with the more strategic type boss fights parry haste will become a huge deal causing you tank to get flattened if your pet in constantly getting parried, sooo either get capped or put your pet on passive.

Quote Originally Posted by clayvox21 View Post
    I log on today and one of the enhancement shamans in the guild pulls me onto vent. He has been trying to get the Seal of Many Mouths for a while. It hasnt dropped for a long time BUT over the last 2 weeks its dropped and the hunters in the guild have been bidding high and taking it.
    Your master looter/RL needs to be shot! Even with the pet changes, shammy expertised capped is gonna put out a lot more dmg...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixon View Post
    well after patch 4.0.1 with the changes to our pets scaling they can be parried now unless we are expertise capped. On the Lich King HM and in cataclysm with the more strategic type boss fights parry haste will become a huge deal causing you tank to get flattened if your pet in constantly getting parried, sooo either get capped or put your pet on passive.
    Don't our pet automatically stand behind the boss? I don't think bosses can ass parry can they? If not then your point is moot :P. If they can...well thats annoying.

Deleted
    u shouldnt get an expertise ring even if it does decrease ur pets chance to be parried, really.

totally joking in response to a silly post that is prolly fake to begin with. was just feeding the trolls sry if i confused some of the ppl actually taking this seriously.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I see that you are joking here but some people are going to read this and take it as fact. Pets get the expertise cap from us being hit capped. Also, pets shouldn't be parried because they will attack a boss from behind.

10+ Year Old Account
    totally joking in response to a silly post that is prolly fake to begin with. was just feeding the trolls sry if i confused some of the ppl actually taking this seriously.
    Bad Mixon...don't feed the trolls! Let them go hungry until the cannibalize each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ultimately it's the person distributing loot who's the moron.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember flaming hunters that have this ring. Expertise is useless for hunters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    I remember flaming hunters that have this ring. Expertise is useless for hunters.
    This, it's like hunters taking the cloak off of Marrowgar 10 too. Just foolish.

Lemme get this straight; they had the ring from Dreamwalker and the ICC rep ring (assuming the 277 version).... and they wanted Seal of Many Mouths? I honestly wonder if some people are willfully stupid, as in they go out of their way to be extra-special stupid, knowingly, like they are attempting to pass some illusory barometer for idiocy in an effort to qualify for the Stupidity Olympics.

EDIT: too much? :P
    Last edited by Herecius; 2010-10-25 at 04:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Lemme get this straight; they had the ring from Dreamwalker and the ICC rep ring (assuming the 277 version).... and they wanted Seal of Many Mouths? I honestly wonder if some people are willfully stupid, as in they go out of their way to be extra-special stupid, knowingly, like they are attempting to pass some illusory barometer for idiocy in an effort to qualify for the Stupidity Olympics.

EDIT: too much? :P
    nope, exactly what I was thinking.

Another possibilty is: they wanted to annoy the shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by natrii View Post
    Bad Mixon...don't feed the trolls! Let them go hungry until the cannibalize each other.
    but i like feeding them and then watching them go pop!

and at the end of the day the troll is gone and we are left wondering with more creative ways of destroying a troll
    Sig: Left-aligned forms are the slowest of the three to complete because of the number of eye fixations they require to parse.