Focused Insight Shock Macro Help

Since the official forums didn't give me any joy (or any responses >.>) I thought I would try here. I'm having a little trouble creating a macro for focused insight. The macro should cast the shock on my target if it is an enemy, or cast it on my targets target if it is a friend. So far I have this

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=target, harm] [target=targettarget, help] Flame Shock

But alas it doesn't work. In fact the macro is completely broken and will do nothing :/

I'm not too good at this, but try this:

/cast [target=target, harm] Flameshock
    /cast [target=targettarget, help] Flame Shock

or...

/cast [target=target, harm] Flameshock
    /cast [target=targettarget, harm] Flame Shock

Deleted
    Nope u got the conditions abit wrong - both should be harm as opposed to [target=targettarget, help] which means u are trying to cast FS on friendly target,so it won't work Xaru fixed that, u can keep it in a single line with singe /cast that is not a problem(infact u can have more) and spell name is exactly as seen in spellbook (use shift-click if u are nto certain)

Also i have no idea why would u want to target the boss/add but i'm pretty sure empty brackets [] will cast on default target, or in the rare case focus it and use macro with [@focus]. I haven't been healing much lately but i used Flame Shock to keep my haste from totem anyhow so i used it with my favorite taunt macro :

Code:
    #showtooltip Flame Shock
    /cast [@mouseovertarget,harm,exists][@mouseover,harm,exists][@targettarget,harm,exists][] Flame Shock
    Seeing as most healers use either mouseover macros/addons so their mouses are hovering over the raid frames most of the time i see it very practical to use mouseover macro for FS - the order of the [] conditions correspond to their priority so u can move them in the line depending on what u want - as it looks right now it's first at the target of some unit(say tanks, dps in ur raid frames) - this is the most easy one to use as u can use it while healing and u don't really care if u hit a boss or add. Second target of the macro will be enemy u mouseover, 3rd will be the target of ur target(say u have the tank for target) and the last pick would be ur own target. Keep in mind that no matter what u have targeted at this order mouseover targets will get shocked instead if available.

Hope this helped
    Last edited by mmocc65b7f111f; 2010-10-25 at 11:24 AM.

#showtooltip Whatever Shock
    /cast [@target, harm] [@targettarget, harm, exists] Whatever Shock

Just this, it's what I currently use

Thank you so much! I'll try these out in the raid tonight. The reason I want the macro to still hit my target is for when im leveling or nuking in a dungeon as resto (because well, heroic healing is a bit... easy ^^)

#showtooltip
    /focus [help]
    /stopmacro [help]
    /cast [target=focustarget,exists] Earth Shock
    /cast [target=target,exists] Earth Shock

after a bit off tweaking it from the misdirect macro, this will Focus if you target a friendly NPC/Player. it will also earth shock the focus target, when you have focus, or simply attack the enemy you target if you don't have any on focus.
    Also if your focused target doesn't target anything, it will attack you target as well.
    Last edited by Adril; 2010-10-29 at 11:44 AM.

Deleted
    Please note to all posters that the

target=

syntax is deprecated and will be removed in a future patch. You should always use the @ syntax instead, it does EXACTLY the same thing for less characters.

ie: [target=targettarget] becomes [@targettarget]

The old target= syntax will stop working Soon (TM)

Quote Originally Posted by Levva View Post
    Please note to all posters that the

target=

syntax is deprecated and will be removed in a future patch. You should always use the @ syntax instead, it does EXACTLY the same thing for less characters.

ie: [target=targettarget] becomes [@targettarget]

The old target= syntax will stop working Soon (TM)
    thats no fun...have to rebuild all my macros throughout my various toons. thankyou for the heads up