Thread: Professions

Professions

Right now im alch/herb. Im thinking about going tailoring or jewelcrafting and dropping alch because alch is shit raiding wise and i think it will remain to be in catty while herb i get the 240 haste. Now should i pick up tailoring or jewelcrafting.....?

10+ Year Old Account
    If i remember correctly they will make it so that alchemists in cata benefits more from flasks so much that it's equally good as the bonus gems/enchants etc u get from other proffesions. out of JC tailoring tho i would take JC for a passive bonus rather than a proc from cloak which may or may not come at bad times during encounters.

On a side note if your open to other proffs than JC/tailor, 4.0.1 I discovered that the enchants from engineering now STACKS with the regular enchants which makes you get 240haste use on gloves 27SP on cloak 45stam on head and nitro boosts for those sticky situations IN ADDITION to the regular glove/head/cloak/feet enchants.

I was hoping anyone could confirm if the cloak enchant from tailoring is stacking with the regular enchants now aswell which would boost the strength of tailoring.

i heard that the tailor buff procs alot and with JC u get like what an extra 42intellect? compared to all that spell power? also the down side of jewelcrafting is its expensive to level

You should not be levelling a profession for the sake of a very small improvement when it comes to raiding.
    Really if anything only one profession offers what I would describe as a potentially significant bonus, and that would be engineering due to the unique options it opens up.
    Everything else is a fairly static, or proc based effect which is pretty boring and you would be hard pushed outside of smacking a dummy for hours to notice any real difference.
    I suppose the herbalism effect for the haste is improved, but I can see that being macro'd to some button by most.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2010-10-25 at 03:40 AM.

if i have one gold making profession what should be the purpose of the other?

jc being expensive to lvl is a myth.. depends wat ur version of expensive is though.. 2-3k isnt that much compared to all of the money you make with it.
    "A real man makes his own luck" - Billy Zane, Titanic.

but if the extra intellect worth didhing the gold out at first,its an investment that might be worth taking gold wise but im talking raid wise

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopp View Post
    Right now im alch/herb. Im thinking about going tailoring or jewelcrafting and dropping alch because alch is shit raiding wise and i think it will remain to be in catty while herb i get the 240 haste. Now should i pick up tailoring or jewelcrafting.....?
    Dont drop it before cata, percs are not set/balanced yet. Just wait untill you know, when leveling to 85 you dont need the "best" dps/goldmaking etc anyway but you might risc of getting screwed by changing before all is set.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Interestingly Alchemy may not be shit in Cataclysm.

The problem right now is that the flasks are all about Attack Power or Spellpower. In Cataclysm the flasks are Stamina, Strength, Agility, Intellect and Spirit, which are the stats you would be increasing with your Jeweler's Gems anyway. It's very likely that the additional bonus from flasks provided by Mixology will work out as the exact same bonus in terms of stats as the JC Gems and BS Sockets.
    And if anything since the bonus is provided by a single non-consumable crafting, then it will work out far more beneficial when it comes to gear replacement.
    No additional costs for gems or enhancements, that you would need above anyone else.