Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    How else are we supposed to get to the fairy world in runescape?, its in a dark swampsish place, tick, wodden staff ,tick, fair ring made out of mushrooms ,tick, no shed though....dam.

Deleted
    no no no no... it's obviously an Old God reference... not

Quote Originally Posted by bethofwow View Post
    An Old God? LOL. You didn't by chance eat any of those shrooms on your way past did you?
    That just makes him sound insane. You know there has been speculation of an old god under Tirisfal for like, ages right?

IMO, unless there's evidence otherwise, there's probably an Old God down there. Could be N'zath too. A giant mushroom god. Actually now that I think about it, N'zath was affecting the Emerald Dream through the Nightmare - and it just so happens Druids get a new magic shroom bomb ability - coincidence or conspiracy?

This is serious stuff guys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinder View Post
    They grow like that in the real world!!
    whats a real world?

Quote Originally Posted by Kärmä View Post
    That's how mushrooms grow, I forgot exactly what it's called but they grow in rings that keep spreading.

Edit: They're called fairy circles.
    This. Although I guess it's not such a common knowledge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keldir View Post
    This. Although I guess it's not such a common knowledge.
    I've seen them before, it's a rather eerie experience.

However, and this is important, I have yet to see a fairy circle emitting an ominous mist.

Old Gods = Fairies?

All they want to do is give us glass slippers and teach us how to fly!! Why would you scorn them for this?? WHYYY???
    "Pulsars are the bulimic cosmic anomalies..."

Quote Originally Posted by Rocheku View Post
    whats a real world?
    some private server.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
    I concure, i have no particular faction pride (though i do play alliance and often favor them), but the old gods are where i am at. And i have ways of locating old god threads

---------- Post added 2010-10-25 at 04:01 PM ----------

Dont get too close to The Mist, it turns you inside out
    could be worse.. could be a bag full of angry camel spider.. HIIIIIIIIIIIIKKKKKKKKK /jump in your face

but on topic mushroom like said earlier grow like this in the real world, go outside bro (put suncream on and these days vampire dont die anymore they just ****ing glow in the sun.. -_-)

Quote Originally Posted by Skinder View Post
    They grow like that in the real world!!

maybe there is an old god in the real world aswell

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul Hermit View Post
    maybe there is an old god in the real world aswell
    I had this idea for a short story in which a Old God type thing is living in the frozen waters of Neptune. When man finaly lands on the planet, they would all be killed for incuring the wrath of.....the Necrophtoic God...

Deleted
    I had this vision of a Old God type thing living in the frozen waters of Neptune. When man finaly lands on the planet, they would all be killed for incuring the wrath of.....the Necrophtoic God...
    And lo from the frozen lakes alfame it rose, from the depths of Neptune, a malevolent abomination whose shape pushed me beyond the borders where terror meets mindless panic.

I should try to write fake Lovecraft stories some day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    And lo from the frozen lakes alfame it rose, from the depths of Neptune, a malevolent abomination whose shape pushed me beyond the borders where terror meets mindless panic.

I should try to write fake Lovecraft stories some day.
    Not bad, i would buy it. The idea is extended by the men recording their findings on the planet in a journal. The god makes it incresingly difficult for the humans to live; destroying their food suply, ravaging the camps, preventing them from venturing beyond certain points, and on journal entry 666, the god does away with the humans.

This idea started from the Discovery Channel....

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    How in the world could you make that connection?
    The Human brain is designed to make connections between peices of information. When he saw that mushroom circle, he thought that was out of the ordinary, so his brain started trying to figure out why. Its logical to take all information you know, in this case, all the information he knew about mushrooms and trisifal glades, and tried to figure out what would explain it best. The only reason what he thought seems stupid to you, is because you had a diffrent set of information, and drew a diffrent conclusion from that information.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    "The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are real." ~Abraham Lincoln

10+ Year Old Account
    Old god. Definitely old god. I've seen this before. That's an old god. No doubt about it. I think he is made of mushrooms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol I see how you came to the conclusion of an Old God seeing the area but I think you're jumping the gun a bit lol, I will laugh if it turns out to be something.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not bad, i would buy it. The idea is extended by the men recording their findings on the planet in a journal. The god makes it incresingly difficult for the humans to live; destroying their food suply, ravaging the camps, preventing them from venturing beyond certain points, and on journal entry 666, the god does away with the humans.

This idea started from the Discovery Channel....
    Simple carnage by an Old God; that's too simple; I'm disappointed. What about whispers? What about insanity? Contagious insanity? Suspicion... Realization... and complete hopelessness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Simple carnage by an Old God; that's too simple; I'm disappointed. What about whispers? What about insanity? Contagious insanity? Suspicion... Realization... and complete hopelessness.
    The dark presence that remains unseen but causes all your companions to gladly kill themselves in order to fulfil its dark goals?

(I totally didn't read Lovecraft's The Temple in the last two days... )

Badger Badger mushroom muhushrooom!!!!! Snake... (old god)

Some ppl will understand
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidseal View Post
    Badger Badger mushroom muhushrooom!!!!! Snake... (old god)

Some ppl will understand
    Goooooood Gooooooood ooooooh it's an Old Goooooooood!