Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    You misunderstood "gear gaps" as used there. It means there's a point where a player cannot possibly pug given gearscore requirements and the difference in what's requested cannot be made up without raiding. On my server right now, the maximum attainable GS without raiding is roughly 5000, maybe up to 5400. But the required GS ratings for ToC are significantly higher than what's attainable without raiding. And there are no lower tier raids going on (discounting Ulduar heroic pugs, which have ridiculously unnecessary GS requirements too).

The point is that it's impossible to get into raiding unless you were always raiding or unless you have a very sympathetic group willing to gear you up.
    in that instance, i would say run your own pugs, toc reg in no way requires a 5200gs and you could take all the people that are in this "lower bracket" of gearscores and pug with them, thats part of raiding also, its all part of working towards the progression/gear that you want

Quote Originally Posted by Emorium View Post
    i came back to wow after a long absence around april, i leveled my char to 80 around may and i've started farming icc in june. it's not impossible.
    You don't play on my server (very competitive). You may have had a sympathetic guild/group to play with, which I don't.

I'm not making any excuses, I'm ranked Casual right now in my top tier guild. They let me into ICC heroics sometimes when there's an opening and I happen to be online. I do fine.

The real point is that I can distinguish between heroic 5 man heroes like myself and real raiders, like the OP claims to be. Point 1, simple inspection. You'd know I'm not him. You'd know he's better than me. Point 2, inspection again; you'd know I'm better than most people you compare me to, because you'd see the dates I managed certain things.

Not a big deal to me overall, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Aciaedius View Post
    I'd be able to notice that you're special from how you speak, if your in-game personality is anything like your forum one.

That's the sort of guy I filter out of any pugs I start, along with the scrubs.
    like i said before im not trying to badmouth anyone, just looking for perspectives.
    btw you would prolly be on my ignore list, if you ingame personality is anything like your forum one. so you wouldnt have to worry about me in your pugs

Quote Originally Posted by TehSklatt View Post
    in that instance, i would say run your own pugs, toc reg in no way requires a 5200gs and you could take all the people that are in this "lower bracket" of gearscores and pug with them, thats part of raiding also, its all part of working towards the progression/gear that you want
    You're absolutely correct. I have done, and currently still do, run my own pugs. I'm really a Casual at this point, however, so it doesn't matter much to me.

I really dislike all the posts that came after this
    So much anger when someone says you shouldn't have tier it took you 10 months to get, without knowing what mal goo looks like.
    I don't think the topic needs to be addressed more, but the QQ people have when someone says they shouldn't have the same gear as someone who raids 3-4 nights for 4-5 hours is just insane. Not that they could have the same exact gear, but damn close.
    Nice post OP, but bad timing as its been all of wrath that they could do this. BC was SRSBSNS, wrath, not so much. Hardcore/casual meant something completely different in BC... Hardcore was lucky to get half way in to sunwell, now, hardcore stopped playing 4 months ago because they ran out of content. Casual was lucky to see kara, now casual has a KS title and is pugging heroic ICC. Thats not the game they wish to push, anymore. Activision for the.... win? :/

Deleted
    [QUOTE=TehSklatt;9215385i just feel like the gap between raiders and regular players has dissipated[/QUOTE]

Yogg+0
    Light of dawn
    Immortal
    The list goes on

You're absolutely correct. I have done, and currently still do, run my own pugs. I'm really a Casual at this point, however, so it doesn't matter much to me.
    nothing wrong with casuals, just the bads pretending to be goods. not that im implying your a bad. op is just mad that at the end of the expansion he isnt special anymore.
    Last edited by Evilmonkey; 2010-10-25 at 07:43 AM.
    Death Knights are good for one thing. Bank Alts. Nothing more.

Thats one of the reasons why so many pugs fail - people get their gear in mailboxes and "pretend" that they know it all and got experience. They dont have urge to look up at raiders and think "damn I want some of that too, Ill practice to be a better player to get it myself". This game is bout self progression so you shouldnt be rewarded every new tier for running same old heroics you outgear more and more.
    Another note: You can be casual or simply raider who spends 2-3 evenings max at raiding and still raid on proper level and get gear, but hey most idiots think you gotta waste at least 5-7 days per week to get it lol!
    If you spend 1-2 evenings in the game... why would you care to have same thing as the raiders in the first place? Cause what? Wait... you pay same 15 bucks argument again?
    So yet again - casual has nothing to do with this, its the baddies (who obv. to defend themselves hide behind "Im casual") who dont want to improve for shit, just their pay.
    Casuals can kick ass, buzz off baddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmonkey View Post
    nothing wrong with casuals, just the bads pretending to be goods. not that im implying your a bad. op is just mad that at the end of the expansion he isnt special anymore.
    Yup. He was never special though.

I'm on one of the most competitive servers in the world. I know what I'm doing. I'm a Casual rank in one of the top guilds in the world. I'm far from bad. I'm just saying, there are ways to distinguish yourself right now. Most of it has to do with the ilevel of your T10. Other aspects include having mounts no longer available. A less visible way is having certain dates on your achievements.

lol im not special never have been, and im not trying to say im the best raider, but i can say that generally i know what i am doing in raid. actually read through my posts and for the most part, there non-aggresive, im not calling anyone noobs, or cheaters, just posting to get info for myself. even the posters that dissagreed with my Orig, its ok, i just really wanted to open my mind to how you guys feel about it. mabey make myself a better person (if that makes sense)? not everyones out to troll, but by alot of the posts i can tell its about 50/50 lol trolls ftw rawr

Yup. He was never special though.

I'm on one of the most competitive servers in the world. I know what I'm doing. I'm far from bad. I'm just saying, there are ways to distinguish yourself right now. Most of it has to do with the ilevel of your T10. Other aspects include having mounts no longer available. A less visible way is having certain dates on your achievements.
    this late in wrath, as youve already pointed out. /inspect works wonders. just sitting in dalara/ironforge with LoD title on my fiery warhorse generates enough attention to make my epeen hard for several hours.
    Death Knights are good for one thing. Bank Alts. Nothing more.

this late in wrath, as youve already pointed out. /inspect works wonders. just sitting in dalara/ironforge with LoD title on my fiery warhorse generates enough attention to make my epeen hard for several hours.
    Lol. I get /w all the time asking where to get my plagued proto-drake. Not possible anymore, sorry. Makes my epeen hard too.

I raid because I enjoy it, don't go including me in your blanket statement, OP. And as others have said, you CAN tell just by looking at people; I know a warrior is badass if he's covered head to toe in glowing red gear, and 'meh' if he's covered in glowing blue gear, because the blue is 251, and the red is 277. I know this by looking at 'em.

Deleted
    I'm a pvp-er. In Cata, pvp gear will be free so no point in raiding. However, I will still be in the same pve guild and do pve raids and you wana know why ? Because I value having fun with 9 other ppl and the friends I made in the guild a lot more than some fucking items in a computer game.

I feel sad for you if you only raid for items. Really sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    I value having fun with 9 other ppl and the friends I made in the guild a lot more than some fucking items in a computer game.

I feel sad for you if you only raid for items. Really sad.
    I completely agree. The most fun I've ever had in WoW (or any videogame) was with the 10 man raiding guild I joined at the beginning of Wrath with a few real-life friends and a few other people.

Deleted
    Btw. In dalaran, there was this dk on invincible and shadowmourne standing near the stairs which are across fron the alliance inn, and having the <away> tag. So I got up on the stairs and gobbled up some of those pumpkin candy that makes you puke, and made sure the puke hits his character. After I did that, he magically came back and moved like 40 yards away, lol.

This is kinda the reason I want the difference between 10 and 25m in cata to be cosmetic. The gear will be the same stats and such, but I want the gear itself to appear different to show "we did this on 25m heroic" as opposed to 10m heroic. That way there still is the "wow" factor in having something that wasnt obtained by others.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post
    This is kinda the reason I want the difference between 10 and 25m in cata to be cosmetic. The gear will be the same stats and such, but I want the gear itself to appear different to show "we did this on 25m heroic" as opposed to 10m heroic. That way there still is the "wow" factor in having something that wasnt obtained by others.
    Neh. If the difficulty is tuned correctly, it doesn't make a difference. Not saying the difficulty will be properly tuned. Predicting that 25 man will actually be easier, as it was in T7 (other than Immortal achievement). We'll see though.

you feel sad for me, you talk about these sympathetic guilds that gear people up for the hell of it? go check my armory again, im done with raiding as there is no point to getting anymore gear, but i still run a weekly icc10 reg with RL friends and random noobs from the server, strictly for them, i enjoy teaching them the basics. and its really meh, i did the 25 man icc heroics till i got my gear set, then i quit raiding hardcore, just how i did in bc. but even though im not in a 25 man guild i dont think i should have any chance at getting a 277 trinket that i really need, unless i get in there and down the boss. thats the whole point of the thread, why get raid gear, for not raiding lol