Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    tbh they could make an very nice instance somewhere along the infinite dragonflight, "time chaos" you face a random boss from the past/future/present, meaning blizz can add any boss they want. boosted to max level and with new mechanics

Illidan dying was a problem because he really should have had a redemption storyline as he was a huge character for the nightelves.

The main problem with Wow at the moment is that with Arthas gone and Illidan gone, it is Thralls story now. Varian was cool for a while but his story seems to have come and gone already, and if you didn't read the comic books you probably missed it. Sylvanas and even Garrosh have more of a major role now than any alliance leaders. Alliance are pretty much background characters to the Horde storyline.

This is why Alliance need some kind of major hero whos story can sustain the fans and make people in the Aliance want to root for and fight for. People don't even bother protecting Ali heroes on my realm, but will all switch to their horde alts to protect Thrall if they hear an attack on Ogg is going down. Malfurion could be a step closer but he always seemed a bit of a snoozefest, and the big santa beard isn't helping.

The only one I can see really becoming a big Ali hero now is Anduin as he gets older and takes over as King, if they can flesh out his story a lot more and bring him more interaction with players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fietstasfabriek View Post
    tbh they could make an very nice instance somewhere along the infinite dragonflight, "time chaos" you face a random boss from the past/future/present, meaning blizz can add any boss they want. boosted to max level and with new mechanics
    I don't want to fight him, I want to fight alongside with him... Hence I would even join him if possible...

Edit:
    @rogueMatthias, the returnal of Cenarius perhaps? =)

Let the girly halfling rest in pieces.

Deleted
    Illidan is a bad ass hero. I don't want to call him a villain, because I hated the fact I have to fight against him. He was so cool in Warcraft 3, And as someone said, he turned into an idiot. And by the way, how can we be sure he is dead? Maybe Maiev just took him somewhere while he was unconscious and healed him. Maybe they even got married (that would be fun). But I really hope we will meet Illidan someday.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dianemox View Post
    Illidan is a bad ass hero. I don't want to call him a villain, because I hated the fact I have to fight against him. He was so cool in Warcraft 3, And as someone said, he turned into an idiot. And by the way, how can we be sure he is dead? Maybe Maiev just took him somewhere while he was unconscious and healed him. Maybe they even got married (that would be fun). But I really hope we will meet Illidan someday.
    Could be possible. I always thought, before TBC was released, that both Maiev and Mannoroth (the former ruler of Black Temple) was dead. But it turned out they were just imprisoned proving Illidan really ain't a bad guy, I mean he could just have killed them off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorados View Post
    I always thought, before TBC was released, that both Maiev and Mannoroth (the former ruler of Black Temple) was dead.
    that's Magtheridon, Mannaroth is the one who got pwnd by Hellscream

10+ Year Old Account
    Arcane magic addict who stabbed his brother in the back over a girl, failed miserably at destroying a block of ice then ran and hid in a temple.

Yeah...real badass hero. Illidan got what he deserved.
    Last edited by bethofwow; 2010-10-25 at 09:57 AM.
    Have you hugged a Gnome today?

Illidan's popularity arose from the fact that his personality and the reasons for his actions resonated well with those of most of the teenage playerbase of Warcraft III. He shared many of the problems that they faced due to their developing bodies as they went through puberty, and when absorbing the powers of skull of Gul'dan he even goes through a typical rebellious phase against the patriarchal figure of Malfurion, but he also gained the notable bonus of being able to turn into a demon and obliterate anything. Thus Illidan rose to the status of badass, as teenage boys all over the world started daydreaming of being able to turn into a demon to obliterate their annoying teachers, their competition over the girl they loved, and the ability to ignore their parents completely due to being cool enough to survive on their own.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    Illidan's popularity arose from the fact that his personality and the reasons for his actions resonated well with those of most of the teenage playerbase of Warcraft III. He shared many of the problems that they faced due to their developing bodies as they went through puberty, and when absorbing the powers of skull of Gul'dan he even goes through a typical rebellious phase against the patriarchal figure of Malfurion, but he also gained the notable bonus of being able to turn into a demon and obliterate anything. Thus Illidan rose to the status of badass, as teenage boys all over the world started daydreaming of being able to turn into a demon to obliterate their annoying teachers, their competition over the girl they loved, and the ability to ignore their parents completely due to being cool enough to survive on their own.
    This may just be the best post I've seen in a while. SO true.

Quote Originally Posted by Siaer View Post
    Calling it right now.

Next expansion will have Malfurion as a central character (much like Cataclysm is all about Thralls journey) and it will see Illidan redeemed to save Azeroth from the Emerald Nightmare.
    He was a Demon Hunter though which was pretty much made to combat the Burning Legion... However they can probably find some string to attach him to Xavius (also a demon) and that would be awesome. Also with his redemption there better be a Demon Hunter class!

OT: I always thought that Illidan was never a villain. Misguided yes, made so many stupid choices, being emo in general over Tyrande & Furion, but never really a villain with a mass agenda. Also he was badly implemented in the game too, you see him like twice and then you kill him. Kinda sad for such a lore heavy character

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
    that's Magtheridon, Mannaroth is the one who got pwnd by Hellscream
    Ye sorry, I always mix those two up... My apologies.