Holy PVP mastery useful?

Didn't find this while searching the forum, so here is my question:

If running around pvping as holy, is mastery a good stat to reforge into due to the extra shielding? Or what stat-prio is recommended for pvp?

Anything else that is vital for a guy that been tank in pve the last 3 years and never tried pvp-healing until now?
    I was just thinking of grabbing all wellfare-gear I can and run around spamming Holy Shock, WoG and beacon myself...?

Deleted
    I play BGs with zero resillience (avg ilvl 270), with reforged (to Spirit) equipment and it works for me.
    I use only instant heals and FoL.

Reforge to Spirit?? You guys found yourself running horribly fast oom in PVP since 4.0.1 or why all spirit... is there a spirit > spellpower or something-conversion I missed out on? And if that's the case, what do you sacrifice for reforging into spirit?

Damn, I wished a bit that our Mastery would be nice and exciting but seems noone bother reforging at all into it!

Deleted
    I reforged crit to spirit.

in PvP I found no use for spirit. Arena might be different but in BGs my mana lasts long enough (especially when I'm the one being attacked )
    I reforged to haste and mastery. Mostly from spirit tbh.

The shield DO stack to a certain amount and having a 1k shield vs a 2k shield for free with any direct healing spell is well worth a consideration. It doesn't offset much more than a - say - rogue's dot but nonetheless it is 100% unwasted "healing" as long as the person that is shielded gets continuously damaged.

I personally like the mastery. It leaves us more in the tankrole (because obviously it favors stacking shields on one target that actually needs more than a onetime healing) - but I don't find that to be a bad thing.

I'm definatley trying to implement the WoG glyph to have a hot at my disposal and broaden the toolset of the otherwise pretty restricted paladin's toolset.

I've reforged everything that i could to mastery (in case of rings i've reforged spirit, as its completely useful and crit is one of the best stats) and its working much better then without it. I've got 18 mastery atm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviancee View Post
    I've reforged everything that i could to mastery (in case of rings i've reforged spirit, as its completely useful and crit is one of the best stats) and its working much better then without it. I've got 18 mastery atm
    I would tend to agree with this gentleman here, since he obviously has the Arena Master title, chances are he knows his stuff.
    FFVI > FFVII

Quote Originally Posted by Entaaro View Post
    I think you underestimate the capacity of your brain to process information quickly - but maybe with good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    Reforge to Spirit?? You guys found yourself running horribly fast oom in PVP since 4.0.1 or why all spirit... is there a spirit > spellpower or something-conversion I missed out on? And if that's the case, what do you sacrifice for reforging into spirit?

Damn, I wished a bit that our Mastery would be nice and exciting but seems noone bother reforging at all into it!
    Crit is worse than spirit now. Mastery is really bad at this pont. I reforged crit to mastery and it ust doesn't help. Consider crits already increase the amount on your shields cause they heal for more.

Paladins with 18 or more mastery and 1200+ resil are becoming known as "Immortals" in pvp. I can say from some extensive 1v5 experiences that the shielding, mastery, and blessed life is deff worth it. Just not worth it for PVE.

I've been forging into mastery on my pvp healing gear only and the survivability is incredible unless they catch me with a group of silences, stuns, fears and mortal strikes. Then it becomes fun.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Deleted
    I have to ask, since this is a thread about the holy mastery;when i spam myself to test random things i usually mouse over the mastery shield buff. I noticed that while spamhealing, the shield always stays at its maximum amount no matter how large subsequent heals are. I doubt it's any change to its efficiency so i just wanna ask if anyone knows if it's intended or if it's a bug with the buff's description.

For example: i was able to maintain a 3k shield after a big DL crit up until i went oom, even tho i didn't get a big crit like that again.

I will test some more once i get home.

This means, that the shield itself has a maximum value derived from your largest hit and your mastery-rating. If you take damage, the actual value decreases but not the maximum. Nonetheless it doesn't matter.

Imagine it as a bucket, that is always refilled with what you put in (e.g. the actual heals) and as large as your largest shot of "water".

That's at least how I understood it.

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    Paladins with 18 or more mastery and 1200+ resil are becoming known as "Immortals" in pvp. I can say from some extensive 1v5 experiences that the shielding, mastery, and blessed life is deff worth it. Just not worth it for PVE.

I've been forging into mastery on my pvp healing gear only and the survivability is incredible unless they catch me with a group of silences, stuns, fears and mortal strikes. Then it becomes fun.

Yup, i've got atm 1365 resi and 18 mastery and if i won't be silenced/stuned from 100% to 0% then basically i cant die. Few days ago on wsg i grabbed alliance's flag and capped it with like 4 or 5 dps on me ;d

For PvP, I personally recommend reforging everything into mastery. With Wrathful gear your crit and spirit is high enough even after reforging. As BlastMaster said, the shield strenght stays at the capacity of the largest heal cast, and the subsequent heals only refresh that amount and do not downgrade it. The only execption is casting a larger heal, then the shield adjust to that amount.

Since we no longer gain a % of our mana back with crits, crit is not attractive and spirit is somewhat useful(Thanks to Holy power). Mastery is the best stat out there for Holy Pallys. If you have 20% mastery, your heals are basically 20% more powerful. Maybe spirit will become more attractive in Cata and 85, but mastery is the way to go for Holy Pally PvP.

Ah, remember that unleashing Seal of Insight will grant 15% of base mana in Cata. Sorry spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by deviancee View Post
    Yup, i've got atm 1365 resi and 18 mastery and if i won't be silenced/stuned from 100% to 0% then basically i cant die. Few days ago on wsg i grabbed alliance's flag and capped it with like 4 or 5 dps on me ;d
    This.

Spirit is pretty worthless in PvP, and the mastery is pretty awesome. Pretty much the only thing that can kill me is Spreists or Frost mages with all their cooldowns. (Unless I have like 6+ people on my).
    Mattsvaliant - 85 BE Paladin - 135+ Mounts - Dragonslayer -

Like others mention I have reforged to mastery on my PVP gear.
    For PVE i find it horrible, even more so considering that your beacon of light does not get the effect from it

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is that the effect is pretty much invisible, so its hard to tell if it's good or not.

In PvP, Mastery is pretty good, better than spirit.

Don't reforge to spirit, biggest waste ever. You shouldn't be running OOM in Battlegrounds. On top of that, you're specced for ToR more than likely and you can use WoG.

I'm running with 1000 resilience, 13.00 mastery, and no spirit except from the stuff that comes on gear.

I'm 2600, and this is what I've been running BGs with. :/

*subject to change in Catac