Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Gilneas After Undead Quests? (spoilers)

Right so its been like a tug of war right? First the Gilneans lived in their home dealing with their own problems then the worgen came and turned i dont know how much of the population into worgen. Then the Forsaken came and conquered the place. But then you took it back sort of in the Worgen quests. Okay then the Forsaken used the blight and the Gilneans had to flee, human and worgen alike to Darnassus but some stayed behind led by Crowley to protect their home.

Thats pretty much the whole Worgen lv1-12 experience summed up. Then in the Undead quests the Worgen led by Crowley have managed to break through into silverpine and ally with the Worgen already there and fight the Forsaken in the area. Then in Gilneas the 7th Legion arrive to help push back the Forsaken trying to invade and with the help of the Worgen there too push the Forsaken out of Gilneas and recapture it for the alliance once again. Then there is that big fight between the Worgen/ 7th legion vs Undead and that concludes with the Worgen and i assume the 7th legion falling back into Gilneas.

Right then...thats that Gilneas is in Alliance control but i assume are still fighting the Forsaken who are trying to invade (which is the point in the BG set in Gilneas). Thing is at this point now i am kinda confused, yes Gilneas is in alliance control but what comes after all this now. The zone itself is totally empty what further use does it serve?

Surely alliance players are going to have to return here at some point otherwise we are not going to know story wise that the Forsaken have been pushed out. Last thing a worgen player would know is that they were driven out their homeland. With the forsaken pushed back to the border and in a sort of stalemate with the alliance forces then would it be safe for the Gilneans to return and re-build.

Its just confusing cause all Horde would need to see Gilneas in the form of it being in the control of the Alliance but Undead quests send you into Gilneas so what would horde have to do Silverpine to be able to see it? Or would they just phase it so it changed when you are sent there if doing the undead quests. Just seems like a very complicated area to me but thats probably why its empty atm cause they are still trying to work around it or something :P

well in that case blizzard might also want to tell us who won arathi basin, alterac valley, warsong gulch and every other battleground to progress the story

Guessing there'll be phasing involved like in the plague lands. Not certain though as I am a non-beta guy. Clarification would be nice though.

Quote Originally Posted by kkborang View Post
    well in that case blizzard might also want to tell us who won arathi basin, alterac valley, warsong gulch and every other battleground to progress the story
    But i am not talking about the battleground. Gilneas is supposed to be under Alliance control after the Silverpine questline but in beta is empty. No 7th legion or Worgen npcs and Crowley is nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by kkborang View Post
    Alliance won AV. They killed Drek, though he later Reincarnated (nerf shamans). Much to his surprise, the Alliance had broken his back in the battle so now he's in a wheelchair.

Quote Originally Posted by TerraMagus View Post
    Alliance won AV. They killed Drek, though he later Reincarnated (nerf shamans). Much to his surprise, the Alliance had broken his back in the battle so now he's in a wheelchair.
    Really? O_O

15+ Year Old Account
    O_O Source?

Quote Originally Posted by Artemsadictos View Post

We've all seen the picture with the wheelchair. Give us a source on the whole "Killed him, reincarnated but with a broken back (what?), Alliance now controls Alterac Valley" story.
    Last edited by Athael; 2010-10-25 at 11:28 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Beta is still missing some phases.
    These phases include:
    -Gilneas
    -Fully Healed Hyjal

And I believe Blizzard also said something about a Phased Kezan and Lost Isles....
    Dawwwwwww

10+ Year Old Account
    The shattering novel starts off talking about drek and that the war with the emerald nightmare did a number on drek's physical body and drek's visions and that his visions are now as trustworthy as "a small child"

"since the war against the nightmare, the gift had grown teeth. his dreams had worsend during that dreadful time, and sleep promised not rest or refreshment , but terror. they hadaged him and turned him from one who had been old but strong into a frail, somtimes querulus elder. he had hoped with the defeat of the nightmare, his dreams would return to normal. but while the intensity lessened, his dreams were very,very dark."
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2010-10-25 at 11:33 AM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    They did no such thing ffs.... AV didn't have a winner, they just stopped fighting. Drek is in a wheelchair because... Wait for it.... He is old...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Athael View Post
    We've all seen the picture with the wheelchair. Give us a source on the whole "Killed him, reincarnated but with a broken back (what?), Alliance now controls Alterac Valley" story.
    This section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.

General Drek'Thar makes a reappearance in Cataclysm alongside Captain Galvangar, where he is approached by the player on the behalf of High Warlord Cromush, for the assistance of the Frostwolf clan in dealing with the remaining Alliance within Lordaeron.

However, Drek'Thar declines, citing a refusal to work with the Forsaken. He references his own dark past, contrasting the regret and remorse he feels to the unrepentant actions of the Forsaken. Cromush is greatly dismayed by this turn of events, contemplating whether this refusal is Drek'Thar "forsaking" the Horde, and resolves to defeat the remaining enemies in the region without the aid of the Frostwolves.

He appears to be disabled and uses a wheel chair.

-WoWWiki

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    They did no such thing ffs.... AV didn't have a winner, they just stopped fighting. Drek is in a wheelchair because... Wait for it.... He is old...
    This.
    OT : about Gilneas , i am sure they will add npcs , they can't just let it empty. It's such an awesome zone to remain empty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Exactly.
    It is even stated in The Shattering that after the Northrend campaign Horde and Alliance made a temporary peace and that fighting in AV, AB and WS stopped.

I hope they do improve the current state of Gilneas.

I havn't played Beta for a couple months now, but it was kinda iritating then that most of the area was empty even when questing through it as Forsaken.

Another ghost zone?

They said they want to avoid that.
    True. They made worgens worse than gnomes. At least gnomes have a place to call home now , worgen don't. Ohhh the tree in Darnassus? Yeah i am sure this is a home FOR AN ENTIRE RACE. Genn Greymane is in Stormwind , Crowley is in Gilneas with Bloodfang and some worgen who stayd behind to protect their home. And what remains of them , are in Darnassus.
    One thing i cannot understand. Why Genn left from his own Kingdom and did't stay back along with Crowley and all Gilneans to help with the war against the Forsaken? I don't like that now worgen are homeless and spread in all over the world.

Genn is not a Warrior, hes more like a diplomat while Crowley is a true warrior.Also Genn is what, about 70?
    But he is a worgen now , didn't he got ''powers''? I don't thing age matters if you are a worgen.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal View Post
    True. They made worgens worse than gnomes. At least gnomes have a place to call home now , worgen don't. Ohhh the tree in Darnassus? Yeah i am sure this is a home FOR AN ENTIRE RACE. Genn Greymane is in Stormwind , Crowley is in Gilneas with Bloodfang and some worgen who stayd behind to protect their home. And what remains of them , are in Darnassus.
    One thing i cannot understand. Why Genn left from his own Kingdom and did't stay back along with Crowley and all Gilneans to help with the war against the Forsaken? I don't like that now worgen are homeless and spread in all over the world.
    Thing is, lorewise, they are hardly more than what a few hundred of them? Gilneas was always, along with Alterac, the smallest human kingdom... Most of them were killed by feral worgens.... So a huge tree in Darnassus should be enough... ish.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal View Post
    But he is a worgen now , didn't he got ''powers''? I don't thing age matters if you are a worgen.
    If you are 70 when you turn to worgen, you turn to old worgen.