Deleted

Glad weaps and tanking

Hi

Apologies if there is a post already asking it, would love to get opinion about ilvl264 2.6 speed glad weapon, would be ok for tanking curent endgame? Or still stick with fast weapons for paladin tank

thanks in advance

10+ Year Old Account
    I've just swapped to a Wrathful Gladiator's Pummeler, and it certainly has made a difference, my CS's are now hitting hard enough to be worth using in 5mans, and now hit like monsters with a full vengeance stack.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Slow weapons are best for prot pally's treat.
    But as tps really shouldnt be an issue in 4.01, it's better to go for a decent tanking weapon, as we do take more damage now.
    Don't forget to reach 102.4% avoidance

Quote Originally Posted by Téuntjûh View Post
    Slow weapons are best for prot pally's treat.
    But as tps really shouldnt be an issue in 4.01, it's better to go for a decent tanking weapon, as we do take more damage now.
    Don't forget to reach 102.4% avoidance
    Have you tanked 5mans ? TPS is an issue in 4.0.1 , wasn't in 3.3.5 .

Quote Originally Posted by Floross View Post
    Especially against those damn Frost DKs!

TPS is a massive problem currently IF you have 102.4 avoidance since you barely get hit, barely get any vengeance and then do fanny all DPS/TPS, whereas the DPSers will just go Zerging straight away and then cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Floross
    I had to adjust my playstyle to compensate. Once I did that, I found NO problems holding threat vs. any class. I also found myself doing more DPS than DPS which made them try even harder to pull Threat off me, which increased my DPS even more. I don't even miss Seal of Command since HotR + Holy Wrath do the job much better. It is rare that I have to use Hand of Reckoning or RD and only happens when DPS gets too impatient, but the way I pull mobs in Heroics doesn't allow them much time to get bored.

10+ Year Old Account
    When chosing a weapon look at its stats, and top-end damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Floross View Post
    I run around ~30k tps in a 5 man, so I can't say I've ever had issues. Even with an Arcane Mage/Destro lock/DK going all out right away, it's close until my first SotR goes off, then they'll never catch up from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Téuntjûh View Post
    For the most rare of all cases (and that is a dps doing 200% and not 50% of the tanks damage), tps is an issue.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

ive been using my wrathful gladiators truncheon to tank since pre 4.0, you cant deny that you do more tps when swinging goat heads around.

Quote Originally Posted by Calon View Post
    When chosing a weapon look at its stats, and top-end damage.

I run around ~30k tps in a 5 man, so I can't say I've ever had issues. Even with an Arcane Mage/Destro lock/DK going all out right away, it's close until my first SotR goes off, then they'll never catch up from that.
    Single target I have no issues either ( where SotR is actually effective ). On trash packs in 5mans it's harder to keep threat than it was pre-patch. You can adjust, but that doesn't mean it's easier. That is why a slower speed weapon is prefered ( Wrathfull Gladiator ) vs the current ones ( as you mentioned ). That's what I was talking about when I quoted that guy.

Reaching unhittable can be very hard depending on the type of gear you have access to. Capping hit ( 8% - 246 ) is more important atm.

The pvp slow 1-handers have always been the better option